Lakers Fans beat up Celtics Fans at Staples Center

Originally Posted by ReignMan23

This is not a good look. I understand the Lakers' fan frustration but that was overboard. This is just going to make Lakers fans look bad. At the same time, I don't really feel sorry for the guy with the Celtics jersey that got mobbed bc he was stupid. How are you going to wear a Celtics jersey in a Lakers event in the Staples center? He doesn't have my sympathy.

Look at it like this, he's a Celtic fan from LA and theres an event where you can watch the game at the Staples Center. Guy probably never even beenthere before so it's either watching it at home or going to the Staples Center to watch it. Just because its meant for the Lakers doesn't mean Celticfans can't attend you have grown men fighting over a loss in a basketball game. Just because its in LA doesn't mean this guy can't go to thegame with his Celtics jersey and not get attack. But thats what you get when you mix beer and emotions.

And at the Dodgers game, I thought us Philly fans were bad. I remember Game 5 of the of the 76ers & Pistons game in April after the game was over andPistons fan were getting cussed out parents & kids by some disrespectful teenage girl. All I could do was :smh:because I know damn well she didn'twatch the Sixers during the regular season

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by 18th letter

smh.gif
damn they mad because they lost.
Those guys aren't real fans.
why would you want to attend something like that as "celtic" fan in LA? i know its pretty expensive to get finals tickets but you just asking for trouble going to something like that.

so what if someone wanted to wear a Pierce jersey? Than what?

They're just as stupid as the fans that would whoop their butt.

You wear a Celtics jersey to the Staples Center, a Laker event, you're asking for trouble.

That's like if I wore a Padres jersey to a Dodgers game and sat in the Pavillions.

Don't gas yourself, nobody in Los Angeles cares about the Padres
roll.gif

�Really?
Or maybe that Dodger fans are just classless like that regardless who they play?

Now imagine if LA had a real football team, not a football school that no one can afford to go to or is smart enough to go to, but a real NFL team.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I can only imagine if the Raiders moved back to LA.

Wow, this is terrible.

We can all be sports fans of different teams without hurting one another, right?

I mean we can discuss, argue, brag, curse, jeer, demoralize, and make fun of the other team and their fans. But please, no violence. We are civilized people...let's not go as low as that.

And, not defending my fellow Laker fans or something, but these happen in different places too. Not just in LA. It just so happened that it was caught on tape.So please quit those "that's the Laker fans for you" or "ALL Laker fans are classless", etc. I'm not defendingthose Laker fans that were involved. They should be reprimanded for what they did to those Boston fans. But don't generalize ALL fans as this.

Happens all the time at pretty much every sporting event across the world. I don't see what the fuss is about.
it's sad for anyone to not see what the fuss is about concerning a person getting assaulted by a mob of people

and no, it doesn't happen all the time at pretty much every sporting event across the world. it really doesn't

the times that it does occur shouldn't nullify or lessen the severity of what went on in that video

smh.gif
why would you want to attend something like that as "celtic" fan in LA? i know its pretty expensive to get finals tickets but you just asking for trouble going to something like that.

You wear a Celtics jersey to the Staples Center, a Laker event, you're asking for trouble.

That's like if I wore a Padres jersey to a Dodgers game and sat in the Pavillions.

roll.gif

indifferent.gif
I've got fam in Boston and you are one of the reasonsBostonians look like jackasses sometimes...

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

smh.gif

roll.gif

�Really?
Or maybe that Dodger fans are just classless like that regardless who they play?

Now imagine if LA had a real football team, not a football school that no one can afford to go to or is smart enough to go to, but a real NFL team.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I can only imagine if the Raiders moved back to LA.

�why does everyone say this? LA HAD A FOOTBALL TEAM AND THEY LOST IT. GET THE !!+$ OVER IT.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by DTruth07

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
now let's beat the Celtics on the court
THATS COLD BUT MAYBE OUT TEAM WILL TAKE NOTE AND STOP BEING SO DAMN SOFT!!!!!!

nope never.

f40e8e2b198caff9821c022a194753bd-getty-55057434nsb006_media_availability.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 7: Pau Gasol #16 of the Los Angeles Lakers performs an anti-violence PSA prior to GameTwo during the 2008 NBA Finals Media Availability on June 7, 2008 at TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER: User expresslyacknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images LicenseAgreement. Mandatory Copyright Notice: Copyright 2008 NBAE (Photo by Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images)

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
x 1,000,000.
pathetic and inhumane. cats make 'gangs' out of anything. I'm a big Laker fan, but there's no excuse to harm anyone because they like anotherteam.

that's horrible to see

BUT

none of us really know what they were fighting about, just that they're wearing rival jerseys.
for all we know the dude wearing the C jersey had it coming. WE DON'T KNOW. it's possible they were fighting about something else besides basketball.

but I hope anyone who sees that thinks that the people involved are a representation of all Lakers fans and people in LA in general.

someone mentioned, the tickets for this event were cheap, so you got some cheap *+! people coming. I guarantee this wouldn't happen at an actual game @Staples, EVER.

koolbarbone wrote:
How is having fans fighting in public a positive guerrilla tactic that is going to help the Lakers win the series?

This isn't the jungles of Bolivia, it's the NBA Finals and if you think that another fan incident is going to be good for the NBA or the Lakers, you are sorely mistaken.
For one thing I was saying "guerilla tactics" fairly tongue in check, since my team get anhnihiliated in traight up battle, that bein gametaphor for the actual game. Furthermore, I was refering to calling into or honking car horns around the hotel in which the Celtics are staying.

This is and/or was common tactic and letting the opposition know that not only is it no longer in the friendly confines of its home city, it is in hostileterritory.

Obviously, if the Lakers are to get back into this series, leave alone win it, major adjustments have to be made individually and collectivelly on the court.However, distrupting the smug out of towners is something that myself and other LA fans should do. The players on the team can keep on acting like wimps but LAfans are also wimps and in a series of this magnitude if we do not reciprocate the abuse that Boston fans heap on the Lakers, when they visit Boston, we arebeing wimps as well.

That dude deserved it, I'm sure he was egging on fans, if he was sitting there minding his own business, he would NOT have gotten into that debacle. Maybeit's LA, but I've worn opposing team jerseys at a game, just as long as you're not a deusche about it, people may mess with you a little bit, butnot where you get a butt-whooping.

When dude threw the chair..
eek.gif
!

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

smh.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif
I've got fam in Boston and you are one of the reasons Bostonians look like jackasses sometimes...

Who are you adressing? None of us in that quote are from Boston, or Boston fans for that matter.
eyes.gif
lame

Bunch of ******s. Wearing a Celtics jersey to such an event is a dumb idea though, you are basicly asking to get involved into something.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

The same thing would happen in Boston if a Laker fan was running his mouth.

Yep...
Stay classy LA , stay classy
Keep hating will, keep hating.

I was in staples with my wife and kid for this game. I did leave early because I knew this was going to happen. But it had nothing to do with lakers celtics.Trust me. There were a good 10 to 15 celtics fans there. Only 3 of them took L's. Those were the ones who were talking gang stuff. There were some whiteceltic fans there and nobody messed with them. They talked trash during the game but once it was over they stopped.

On thing I wish staples would have done was not sell beer during these things. I could just tell this was going to happen because of all the liq I saw goingaround. Hell I saw one person come into staples tipsy. I could smell it on him but they let him in anyway.

Its great that they let us come to staples and cheer for the team. A lot of kids were there and that was the first time they had been to staples. I don'tsee why people had to kill that for them.

Even though I know I am wasting my breath saying this. This is not how all laker fans get down. I had a great time in my section. The night was great eventhough we lost. But all it takes is one dumb person to mess up something great. But I also want to stress that its 50% one laker fan and 50% that celtic fanfor talking mess.
Lol, no wonder Laker fans are hated.
Another one...just keep that hate going....

I like the dude in the ponytail who is over 100 ft away going crazy and swinging his firsts like he's all up close and personal.

Back
Top Bottom