LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Quote:
And before you respond, I'm not trying to incite a riot. SOME fans are actually objective and don't mind trying to see things from ALL sides/angles or read articles from varying perspectives.
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002
This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

Ok, thank you all for the input. Now let me in on this, why the hell would they be giving up on a young kid so early for........Sasha Vujacic? Is Byrontrying to get back at Ainge and Kevin McHale by making moves to help us? If that's the case, we need a Tyson Chandler, and Chris Paul included in the dealfor Kwame and Jordan and a pretty bow thrown on top.
laugh.gif

I don't want to see farmar go but hell that just makes fish come off the bench! So we deep

The sonics deal makes sense for both sides. The sonics aren't going anywhere and they get 2 expiring contracts. And we just get a better back up and agreat player for our second unit.

French good looking out. I bought my patch at the team la store but I knew that place was selling them to. I know everybody can't make it to staples. Alsothanks for the pic. I am going to hook my jersey up when I get back home this weekend. Yall rolling to a laker game? Lets make it a team lakers event!

Originally Posted by DaeWing

1. Kobe's oop to Shaq
2. Horry's 3 against the Kings
3. Fisher's .4 shot
4. Kobe's 81

Also, game 4 against phx 2 yrs ago in the playoffs. Smush parker with the steal, passes to george, passes to kobe for the improbable layup that swishesthrough to send it to OT.

Then end of OT, luke walton wins the jump ball, it goes to kobe and he hits the game winner to go up 3-1.

Ariza is a really nice pick up for our defense. Lakers is legit right now. All we need is play smart and stay healthy.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

They still sell 'em?

I need a new D-Fish and one of those patches.

Somebody said that they just picked up 2 patches at the game friday. I am going next monday and I will pick some up for anybody that wants them. I need 2more myself.

To Phil Jackson, it really is pretty simple why Andrew Bynum has been driven to succeed this season. "My guess is contract," Jackson deadpanned. "Dollars are green. The idea is that, 'Hey, it's coming up. I've got to get something that's contractual here. This process is real short.' " Bynum is making $2.1 million this season, and the Lakers picked up his option for $2.7 million next season. Press-Enterprise

But the big money could come this summer, when Bynum can sign a maximum contract for up to $75 million. That would keep Bynum in the fold for five more seasons. Jackson talked about a promise Bynum made to the Lakers when he was drafted during the summer of 2005. "Even though he was 17 years old and inexperienced, he was going to work as hard as he could with this process and he was going to commit himself to it," Jackson said. Press-Enterprise

Kwame Brown is in the last year of his contract that pays him $9 million this season. Normally when players are in the last year of a deal, they play hard to get another. Brown hasn't quite done that. "Kwame wants to get after it," Jackson said. "I think physically he's just not back. He can't do more than he's capable of." Press-Enterprise
Awww phil talking nice about kwame....

Accomodate someone with some help and the answers will be answered about where this team can go.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

We play the Sonics tonight, and I'm bored so I think I'll watch...

Spoiler [+]
(P.S., I love sports but sometimes I just don't like watching them for some reason)

Originally Posted by Coretraining85

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

With all this discussion of the offseason (even though there are about 50 games left plus playoffs
laugh.gif
), I really don't think any major moves should be made. This team has extremely good chemistry and I don't think it should be shaken up. People are saying we should get rid of Lamar, but he's putting up double-doubles seemingly every night now even with Bynum doing the same.
Every role on this team is filled. Perimeter scorers, shooters, interior scorers, interior defenders, perimeter defenders, shot-blockers, veteran leadership, playmakers, high-energy guys off the bench. And it's not just two or three guys doing most of it. We go 10, even 11 deep.

It's looking beautiful and it's only going to get better.
pimp.gif

I agree. Lamar fills up the stat sheet. He does that quitely. Yes he shoots a lot more now, but wasn't the problem him not shooting enough not too long ago? I'll take it as it is. Balance scoring is always good and shows how this team are glued together.

Yeah he fills a stat sheet but for $13 million this season and $14 million next season he isnt worth that much and he should be putting up more consistentstats and should be an allstar if he's the Lakers second highest paid player on the team.Keyword with Lamar Odom which it has always been throughout hiscareer is "consistency" .

If he was consistent then Lakers would be an elite team in the league and would be championship contenders again.

I mean it's pretty sad that right now this season a 20 year old kid in his 3rd season straight out high school is more consistent and is emerging as the2nd best player on the Lakers.

And no I dont want to hear the excuses of:

1st year with the Lakers & Kobe he was learning the triangle offense and got injured.
2nd year got injured again.
3rd year he had his drama with his infant son dying during that summer.
This season started slow because of recovering from off season surgery.

This year, I made it a top priority of mine to win Defensive Player of the Year more than anything," Bryantsaid, "because I understand that being able to lead my team by example, by playing that kind of defense, that that will inspire myteammates to do the same." Boston Globe

In this corner, in the white trunks, from Los Angeles, Kobe Bryant. In the opposite corner, in the red trunks (or maybe blue), from New Jersey, Jason Kidd. Thetwo NBA All-Star heavyweights are on opposite sides tonight, a few months after blending talents to help bring gold to Team USA in the Olympic-qualifyingtournament. And nine months ago, there were serioustrade talks about uniting them as Lakers. Kidd heard all the talk and was prepared if he had to change coasts. NY Post

But it didn't happen. The Lakers were reluctantto part with Andrew Bynum. And the Nets were insistent that the young center be part of any deal for Kidd. "Everything has worked out forboth," said Kidd, looking to lead the Nets to a third straight victory and a 3-1 road-trip with a win over Bryant and Co. NY Post

"He's playing off the charts like he alwaysdoes," Kidd said of Bryant. "He's a competitor, he wants to win. He doesn't want to settle for being second or third or fourthbest. He wants to be first and that's what drives him." NY Post

Jason Kidd didn't just have fun playing with Kobe Bryant on Team USA over the summer. The Nets' point guard had fun at Bryant's expense.After games, Kidd would joke that he had more rebounds than Andrew Bynum, the young big man the Lakers refused to part with in a deal that wouldhave made Kidd and Kobe teammates last February. BergenRecord

At the time, both superstars wanted the trade to happen. While they were in Las Vegas helping the U.S. win the gold medal in the FIBAAmericas Tournament it came up more than once. "A lot of what if," Kidd said of their conversations, "a lot of what if between me andKobe." Bergen Record

The Lakers' failure to include Bynum for Kidd led to Bryant becoming disgruntled and almost to his exit from Los Angeles. Herequested a trade and was filmed by a fan in a California parking lot criticizing Bynum and general manager Mitch Kupchak for not making the deal. Kidd was atthe center of the L.A. storm. BergenRecord

The Nets have nothing that interests the Lakers beside Kidd. But the Nets want to keep him and see what this team does at full strength,which they won't be until Nenad Krstic regains his form after left ACL surgery. BergenRecord

LamarOwnsem wrote:
We're third in the West now
pimp.gif
. Let's keep it up!

Wish it was true...
[table][tr][td]Western Conference[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]HM[/td] [td]RD[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]DIV[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]DIFF[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phoenix[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]10[/td] [td].706[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]11-4[/td] [td]13-6[/td] [td]12-8[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]110.1[/td] [td]104.2[/td] [td]+5.9[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Antonio[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]10[/td] [td].697[/td] [td]½[/td] [td]17-2[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]16-9[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]98.5[/td] [td]92.5[/td] [td]+6.1[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dallas[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]11[/td] [td].686[/td] [td]½[/td] [td]17-3[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]15-5[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]101.2[/td] [td]96.3[/td] [td]+4.9[/td] [td]Won 5[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Portland[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].618[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]16-3[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]15-7[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]96.6[/td] [td]95.7[/td] [td]+0.9[/td] [td]Won 3[/td] [td]9-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LA Lakers[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]11[/td] [td].676[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]13-5[/td] [td]10-6[/td] [td]15-5[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]107.5[/td] [td]100.8[/td] [td]+6.8[/td] [td]Won 4[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Orleans[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]12[/td] [td].657[/td] [td]1 ½[/td] [td]9-7[/td] [td]14-5[/td] [td]17-8[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]97.2[/td] [td]93.9[/td] [td]+3.3[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Denver[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].618[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]14-5[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]13-10[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [td]106.8[/td] [td]103.6[/td] [td]+3.1[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Golden State[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]15[/td] [td].571[/td] [td]4 ½[/td] [td]9-7[/td] [td]11-8[/td] [td]13-9[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]108.7[/td] [td]107.2[/td] [td]+1.5[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
blackdot.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Houston[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]17[/td] [td].528[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8-6[/td] [td]11-11[/td] [td]9-11[/td] [td]3-5[/td] [td]95.2[/td] [td]93.7[/td] [td]+1.5[/td] [td]Won 4[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Utah[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]17[/td] [td].528[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]13-3[/td] [td]6-14[/td] [td]10-10[/td] [td]3-3[/td] [td]104.7[/td] [td]100.5[/td] [td]+4.2[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sacramento[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]20[/td] [td].394[/td] [td]10 ½[/td] [td]9-8[/td] [td]4-12[/td] [td]5-13[/td] [td]0-5[/td] [td]97.7[/td] [td]100.6[/td] [td]-3.0[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LA Clippers[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]21[/td] [td].323[/td] [td]12 ½[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]6-13[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [td]92.1[/td] [td]97.4[/td] [td]-5.3[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Memphis[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]24[/td] [td].294[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]4-12[/td] [td]5-15[/td] [td]2-9[/td] [td]100.1[/td] [td]104.4[/td] [td]-4.2[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]26[/td] [td].257[/td] [td]15 ½[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]4-15[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]2-4[/td] [td]96.9[/td] [td]104.0[/td] [td]-7.1[/td] [td]Lost 5[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]29[/td] [td].147[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]4-13[/td] [td]1-16[/td] [td]3-19[/td] [td]0-7[/td] [td]93.2[/td] [td]102.0[/td] [td]-8.8[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Glossary[/td] [/tr][tr][td]W: Wins, L: Losses, PCT: Winning percentage, GB: Games back, HM: Home record, RD: Road record, CONF: Conference record, DIV: Division record, PF: Average points for, PA: Average points against, DIFF: Average point difference, STRK: Current streak, L10: Last 10 games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standings are updated with the completion of each game.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]x - Clinched playoff berth.
y - Clinched division title.
z - Clinched conference title.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

We will be in the playoffs if we don't have that mid season drop off that has happened every year since shaq departed.

Back
Top Bottom