LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

damn what we really need to do is trade Odumb for a pick and expirings.

then we can sign a big free agent this summer.

pj wants to go on a title contender or retire...if anything, he'll sign with a team like boston or san antonio.

I was going to bring that up, but I decided to let that one slide. I was like $1 dollar = 60 pennies? WTH? Thought it may have been some inside joke I didn't know about.

laugh.gif
that's the thing, I coudln't tell if it was something that was SUPPOSED to befunny.
laugh.gif

And to be fair to Odom, I think if Caron and Odom were to switch places, things would be basically the same, although I do think Caron is SLIGHTLY better,it's not fair to bash Odom, he hasn't been what you expected, but he hasn't been BAD either. I think it's just a case of circumstance, becauseCaron didnt' really break out until he was with Antawn and Gilbert, and lets face it, there wasn't expectations.

And as for Sasha, maybe it's just me, but I've seen him hit some big shots down the stretch, someone want to fill me in on what exactly you don'tlike about him? I understand Brian Crook, Kwame Brown, and Smushed Parker, but Sasha never had a big roll, similar to a JR Smith type player in my eyes, justnot as polished. Is it because he looks like Tom Cruise?
laugh.gif

Just heard on NBA fast break that Jason Kidd might want out of NJ and thats why he didn't show up to the game tonight.

Laker fans do we make a move for J kidd and what do we give up?

Since it's so apparent that Odom is not a second option type of a player
eyes.gif
, why don't we make Bynum our second option? He is definitely capablebut no one ever gives him the opportunity.

Just to be fair to everyone else (and to avoid people from PMing me asking why I neglected to do this in our thread):

Like I've said in the other threads, (and I know it doesn't apply for this thread [yet]), but... in an attempt to discourage people from mistaking these season/news threads from game threads, I'll be editing out game info from titles of season/news threads for a little while, until everyone is clear on the difference between season threads and game threads. Stuff like, "12/6 vs. LAC" (for example) only makes people wonder if this is the season-long thread or the game thread.

Additionally, we would PREFER people indicate something like "'07-'08 Season Thread" or "Lakers News" in the titles, but that's not a demand or rule or anything.

The point is to just make it clear where the game discussion is and where the season-long discussion is, and not blur the line between the two in the process.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Its a hard choice to me. Famar is going to be something great but J kidd is proven. Only thing I hate about j kidd is he doesn't have a jumper. Farmardoes.....

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Ok so I looked at my calenday and if he's out for 8 weeks then the date he might come back is the week of 3/10.Which isnt to bad.When he does comeback he will have a month to play, get ready, and back into game shape for our playoff run.Just need to kep the fort down and continue to play well as team while Bynum is out.

Might want to thing about signing CWebb now.Last I heard the Pistons arent interested in him anymore.

I heard that too. Word is that he has narrowed down his choice, to a couple of teams.

Remember that Webber spoke to Phil directly when he was thinking of coming to the Lakers, and Phil told him that he really doesn't see him getting theminutes that he desired. This year he would definitely get the time.

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

I have NBA League Pass Broadband but not NBATV, so I can't watch this game.

Both teams will be in throwbacks too.
frown.gif
League Pass Broadband isn't showing the game? You better catch one of the streams then.

isnt kidd a free agent after this season??

He still has 1 more year left on his contract, after this year...

He will be a FA at the same time as Kobe (if kobe opts out), so it will be interesting to see if Kobe goes where Kidd goes.

i gotta with horry's shot. I used to live in fairfield california which is about 45 mins away from sacramento. Everybody there was a kings fan.. and theywere all talking a lot of trash whenever they played the lakers. I would have people wanting to fight me when i wore a lakers jersey in sac. That shot allowedus to tie it up which was good because we lost the next game. i still get chills when i watch the shot. poor kings fans your team never got over that playoffloss.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

NO NEWS YET OF BYNUM?

15 minutes until the Loose Cannons show comes on, then we will know.

I will post all info I hear, for those who can't tune in to the show...

HEY do you know if the Listen Live on the 570 site is really live.. i dont feel like going to the car just to listen to the whole show waiting for them tosay something about bynum...

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by tupac003

For all the laker fans that like these 87-88 throwbacks, I went to my pro image and they do make these up to a 4xl. I got the kobe in a 4xl but to my surpise they also have magic johnson, james worthy, cooper, and the one I want most byron scott. Check your jersey shops.

Tupac... are the jerseys made by adidas too?

What pro image did you go to? I think I have one by my job.

All adidas
mad.gif
. I went to the pro image in arcadia mall. Very good inventory of jerseys there.

How much for the pro cut jersey's Tupac?

is Turiaf playing tomorrrow? I just picked up Farmar and Turiaf on my fantasy team
laugh.gif

dropped Yi and Mike James.

Originally Posted by The Kobe Show

they have tons of the 60th patches on laker game days, i'm not sure on non-laker game days. They go around $8.00/patch and are located on the rollable shelves in the middle aisle.

Good to know. Nobody on ebay has them anymore and ska the website I posted has a different patch. It looks close to the one the players wear but it isdifferent. Like I said if anybody needs patches I will be there monday for the denver game.

we had a tough schedule and we are still 5-3. Hopefully we can keep it up, unlike last year when we started out hot and got decimated by injuries.

LiCeNseD To BaLL wrote:
Is that what i think it is!??
eek.gif

Fellow laker fans, discussing the possibility of the CHIP coming back to Staples where it belongs?!?!?
eek.gif

Well all i have to say is...

...It's about damn time.
pimp.gif

Don't wanna jinx it, but we're lookin' good fellas...we're looking good.
smokin.gif

A couple days ago on BSPN (I agree with you, KB8SD), someone picked us as their sleeper pic for theFinals. They made their Finals prediction, but then after they stated their reasoning for those two teams, they said something to the effect of, "I alsowant to throw in a sleeper pic, and that's the Los Angeles Lakers. They have a solid team that could prevent a problem at any position for any playoff teamout there, and they can play a halfcourt game or a full court game."

pimp.gif

Now, I know haters might want to come through like, "Ohmigod, y'all are getting excited about just TALKING about the Finals?
laugh.gif
Y'all are done.
roll.gif
Lakers suck.
smokin.gif
"

But here's the thing. No one... NO ONE... NOT ONE PERSON... was talking about us in the Finals 3 years ago, when we missed the playoffs. Now? Now we'reback in the discussion. Even if we're not being talked about to win it all (like we have so many times before) or 3-peat (like we started this decade offwith), at least we're back in the discussion of being a problem playoff team.

Just like we told y'all.

P.S. I still want Kidd.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom