LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

thachosen123 wrote:
Just a little video i found on my computer , that i know my fellow laker fans will enjoy.....IMO the best laker/kobe vid I've seen
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One of the best vids I�have seen. ���

I actually wonder if it's a roster thing. Where a guy comes back and all of a sudden another guy has like a pulled cheek or something. I bet he's ok,they just want to keep him for practice only and keep the roster spot open for Critt or someone else who could use garbage minutes.

I looked at Ariza's numbers and I don't see anything to write home about. Not much in steals or blocks and he's supposed to be a defensive guy. Hope he does a lot that doesn't show in the stats.

Like his age though, if he can work out ok, we'll have a solid young nucleus as long as they all keep growing.

The Lakers are a nice team. I watch them a whole lot since most games are on ESPN or TNT so I get to watch the team alot. Bynum is getting nice, Farmer is nicehe's about to take Fisher's spot soon. Radmanovic can hit 3's and Odom too. Good solid team and plus you always got Kobe

I don't know I like the idea of having a separate game thread and a season thread.

That way, knowing that there's always 321351320320 Kobe threads during the season, not trade related, we can keep them organized in one thread.

Plus, I can always edit the title if there is any noteworthy Laker news worth being mentioned and discussed about.
TEAM XBOX360​
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

To be honest, I don't think trading for Kidd is the best thing to do right now.
I like our nucleus of guys. Crit, Farmar(who is beastin right now), and Bynum(also beastin)
This team reminds me alot of the last year of the Jordan Bulls.
Kobe=Jordan(Please no arguements about how Kobe will never be as good as Jordan, believe me I know)
Odom=Pippen with bad back(Pippen is top 50 all time and Odom is very inconsistent though)
Bulls Bench=Lakers Bench. This one is intersting because both teams had very good supporting benches.
Each team had great 3 point shooters, the Bulls had Rodman pulling down rebounds though.

Also, next year's free agent class is amazing.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=2008FreeAgents
Artest or Brand. Do it Mitch
laugh.gif

Quote:
Already he's ahead of Shaq at this age
:lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

Quote:
Shaq was dominant... no, DOMINANT... D.O.M.I.N.A.N.T. at Bynum's age. What's Bynum? Just turned 20? Shaq was schooling the pants off people at LSU when he had just turned 20, and in a few months, he would be getting ready to become the #1 overall draft pick by the Magic, where he would come in and start ripping down entire structures (ask Derrick Coleman or Charles Barkley how it looked from close-up).

Like goldenarmz said, Bynum's cool and all, and I like what I'm seeing from the young fella, but let's not get carried awayOut

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

I don't really see any free agents that would make us immediate contenders, a combo of 2 FA will help...

Gilbert + Okafor
JO + Artest
BDiddy + JO

We need to do something....

At least be realistic with who we could get in the offseason...
eyes.gif
Theonly guy we could potentially sign with the money we have would be Artest. Charlotte would match any offer for Okafor. I doubt Davis will opt out. O'Neal would ask for too much and I think Gilbert would too.
If there are no good available big men on the free agent market (maybe Diop?), I say we DO re-sign Kwame and trade Mihm. Kwame is not an offensiveplayer but I would much rather have him coming in off the bench than Mihm.

But ONLY re-sign Kwame for no more than $4-5mill. And re-sign Ronny.

But why are we talking about the offseason already? There's still a lot of basketball to be played.

Man what a great read. Some gm's need to read that because it actually made sense. Too bad it won't happen. Like ska said kg was going to come everyyear for the past 4 years and it never happend.

What the hell do we do? The lake show dosen't play untill sunday. I can watch other teams play but it just isn't the same.

I think Kobe has the right people in his ear. Tex had a nice piece about why Kobe should stay and it made total sense. The Bulls don't have more potentialthan what the Lakers have now. Yes it's the East but the east isn't looking as open as before.

I think Kobe is listening to those people too and he's going along for the ride playing real smooth and effiecient. Can't wait for this big weekespecially the way Odom looked comfortable coming out.

Lets be real here Laker fans.

As decent of a start the Lakers have gotten off to this season a bad weakness that I've seen on this team is they arent closing out close games.I dont wantto hear any excuses about this team being the 2nd youngest team in the league right now.In fact if you have watched every close game this year you will noticethat Phil has been trying to find someone else to step up and hit a big shot in the clutch and not to just rely on Kobe to bail them out with a game tying orgame winning shot.

^
So do I.

So far, I've been really impressed with this team's defensive intensity.

Hopefully this team can keep this type of aggressiveness and intensity throughout the rest of the season.
TeamLakers
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

SKA
wrote

But if we're building an all time line-up, here's mine:
1- Magic
2- West
3- Worthy
4- Kareem
5- Shaq or Chamberlain? Hmmmm... gimme Chamberlain

That would be some lineup. Goes a little bit with what I've been thinking for a few days. Those names right there have their jerseys up above atStaples. The Lakers don't just retire jersey's, they retire legends' jersey's. The dudes we got up there is almost more impressive than awing in the hall of fame. But I've been wondering about some additions and wanted to know what you guys think.

Kobe will be up there someday. I think Shaq should be up there already. I wish they would do it now while Phil, and Kobe, and Fish are still around tocelebrate it. I hope they don't wait til he retires, he deserves to be up there, they should do it now. But now the real question, would you guys like tosee Horry, or Fish, or even Fox up there in the rafters? You could even add guys like AC and Scott too.

Every other team that doesn't have 10 of the all time best ever, retires guys that I've never even heard of, (Blazers, Suns) and nobody complains aboutthat. Why couldn't we throw a few guys up who may not be Magic, or the logo, or Wilt, but meant alot to our franchise over the years? I always think ofus as having the higher standards for retiring a dudes jersey, but I'd like to see a ceremony for Horry, and Fish, and B Scott. Course, me personally,I'd want Van Exel up there as well. I want that 9 up there like his 3's.
pimp.gif

What do you guys think? Has there been any talk in LA about any of these guys gettin their shirts raised up?

a lot of teams look better then the Lakers. without Kobe this team wins 15 games tops.
LOS ANGELES LAKERS

TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​

Trevor was a nice pick. I'm surprised how he got in to the mix very fluidly. I'm also happy because there's another BRUIN on the Laker squad.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

As glad I'm to see the Lakers getting off to a good start with Bynum & Farmar stepping up big this season.I'm not going to get caught up in the hype that I've been hearing from the media and some Laker fans on here stuff like "Laker are a elite team now" or Andrew Bynum is already any allstar center.

I'm going to hold off to see how this team does after this upcoming killer 9 game road trip that starts at the end of this month and also see how this team does after the all star break.

Thu 1/31 @ Detroit 4:30pm KCAL Ehh(L)
Fri 2/01 @ Toronto 4:00pm KCAL W
Sun 2/03 @ Washington 9:00am KCAL W(easy with no agent 0)
Tue 2/05 @ New Jersey 4:30pm KCAL W(close)
Wed 2/06 @ Atlanta 4:00pm KCAL W
Fri 2/08 @ Orlando 4:00pm KCAL W(should be good)
Sun 2/10 @ Miami 12:30pm W
sick.gif

Mon 2/11 @ Charlotte 4:00pm KCAL Ehh(one of those "we shoulda played better" games)
Wed 2/13 @ Minnesota 5:00pm KCAL W
sick.gif
(blowout)

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
That just the way I see it

wink.gif

My only thing with Bynum is that he's showing flashes early in the season. He did this too early last season and then completely fell off.

I just how hope he can maintain that, especially developing coming off the bench. I just don't see him starting quite yet.
TeamLakers
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
He has great hands, great footwork, and a damn good baby hook shot... He'll even take that 13 foot jump shot. Already he's ahead of Shaq at this age... Nothing but getting better from here on out.
.:Flowsomuch:.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

The MRI was supposed to go down at 10. We should get results by 12:30, or 1 at the latest.

He's not PJ is a free agent. At this point i say any trade involving Jordan is dumb unless it's for someone who is a superstar. The only way we shouldget artest is if it's for kwame straight up. Ron Artest has proven time and time again that he's crazy. Couple that in with Kobe and Phil Jackson ithas a chance to get real good or real ugly.

Back
Top Bottom