LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

I had a lot of hate toward Cook because of his uninspired play, but a lot changed when I saw him show up at the Pacers game to say goodbye. Dude didn'thave to do that, but he showed a lot of class by saying goodbye to his ex teammates. I wish him and Maurice all the luck in the world.

I still hurts me to see Kwame's contract. No signs of development since the day he enter the league. I guess that can be said about most players in the L.Sign the guy for cheap, I mean dirt cheap if we cant ship him. Sasha and Mihm must GO! But who really wants them? Surely other franchise must learn from theSmush and Cook, not to deal with the lakers....cus they are not getting equal value. with the exception for the Wizards....that trade still kills me thinkingaobut it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Could be a motivation thing from Jackson. He wants to keep working Bynum to force that kid to be great. You'll notice how he missed the free throws to tie the game last night. He knows Andrew is better. But he wants to keep working him before he goes all superstar of Phil. Remember, Jerry West didn't want Kobe to start in 98 because he knew he'd never get him back on the bench once Kobe started to shine. Bean hasn't been on the bench since. Next season, Bynum will be a full blown starter and hopefully make a D Howard leap. That would be nice.

I'm out for the holidays ya'll. Hope you guys all have a great holiday season, wish I could be on here for the game on Tuesday. Can't wait to read the 50 pages or so on Wednesday morning.
laugh.gif

Get that W Lake Show.
pimp.gif

There is a time when mind games have to stop! The kid is beasting. Let him play. All I know is I think we need to give drew more touches. Tonight he shouldhave dropped 40.

Now I have been one of the Odom haters this year, but we don't have to trade him.
When we get Kwame back and if Kobe is healthy we are a top 10 team. Odom is very inconsistent,
but he provides alot of match up problems for other teams. What we need to do is feed the ball to
Bynum some more, he has been beastin the last several games, but he seems to get lost for
several minuts when nobody passes him the ball. Kobe lost us this game though.
Phil should have taken him out muchnearlier, BD was roasting Kobe 1 on 1.
I hope Kobe is OK though

isnt kidd a free agent after this season??

ill just wait the guys are playing well

I would trade anyone on our roster except Lamar and Kobe for Kidd.

And even with Lamar, if they wanted Kidd for Lamar + 1 other bench Laker (except Farmar), I'd do it.

huh?..so basically anyone on the roster except Kobe and Jordan
laugh.gif

^
no thanks to that trade.

what about a straight up trade for kurt thomas from seattle? he can defend, rebound and hit jumpers. plus his contract expires this offseason as well.

I guess the Sasha deal was bogus
smh.gif

In a way, I'm glad the trade didn't happen. The bench is slowly getting back to the success they had early in the season.

[table][tr][td]Western Conference[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]HM[/td] [td]RD[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]DIV[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]DIFF[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phoenix[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]10[/td] [td].714[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]12-4[/td] [td]13-6[/td] [td]12-8[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]110.7[/td] [td]104.7[/td] [td]+5.9[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dallas[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]11[/td] [td].686[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]17-3[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]15-5[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]101.2[/td] [td]96.3[/td] [td]+4.9[/td] [td]Won 5[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LA Lakers[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]11[/td] [td].676[/td] [td]1 ½[/td] [td]13-5[/td] [td]10-6[/td] [td]15-5[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]107.5[/td] [td]100.8[/td] [td]+6.8[/td] [td]Won 4[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Portland[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].629[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]17-3[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]16-7[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]96.9[/td] [td]95.6[/td] [td]+1.3[/td] [td]Won 4[/td] [td]9-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Antonio[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]11[/td] [td].676[/td] [td]1 ½[/td] [td]17-3[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]16-9[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]98.0[/td] [td]92.4[/td] [td]+5.6[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Orleans[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]12[/td] [td].657[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]9-7[/td] [td]14-5[/td] [td]17-8[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]97.2[/td] [td]93.9[/td] [td]+3.3[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Denver[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]13[/td] [td].618[/td] [td]3 ½[/td] [td]14-5[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]13-10[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [td]106.8[/td] [td]103.6[/td] [td]+3.1[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Golden State[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]16[/td] [td].556[/td] [td]5 ½[/td] [td]9-7[/td] [td]11-9[/td] [td]13-10[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]108.2[/td] [td]107.2[/td] [td]+1.0[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
blackdot.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Houston[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]17[/td] [td].528[/td] [td]6 ½[/td] [td]8-6[/td] [td]11-11[/td] [td]9-11[/td] [td]3-5[/td] [td]95.2[/td] [td]93.7[/td] [td]+1.5[/td] [td]Won 4[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Utah[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]17[/td] [td].528[/td] [td]6 ½[/td] [td]13-3[/td] [td]6-14[/td] [td]10-10[/td] [td]3-3[/td] [td]104.7[/td] [td]100.5[/td] [td]+4.2[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][/table]
you can almost add a L for Scums tonight....in another 2 quarters unless Utah chokes. key stats highlighted

Originally Posted by tupac003

KLAC 570 is reporting that magic johnson is saying the kidd deal is going to happen with lamar staying........

Lets see what happens.

Hogwash until it happens.

*KB8SD* goes into his little corner at work and prays for a miracle that it does happen.

Ariza an above average defensive player, not against VC...

anyway I don't think this video was posted...got it from lakersground.net

I just copped some tickets to Warriors vs. Lakers here in Oakland for March, I can't wait

^^ Sounds like a great idea, but to get that many tickets and be seated within the same area, will be difficult.

The only way that would be possible, is if we pay face value on ticketmaster, or go through stubhub.

I need those 60th anniversary patches.

I tried looking for them on Jersey Joe's.

Jonathon, they have them at Team LA? I need to make a trip up to swoop and put it on my Kobe swingman.

*Edit

Nevermind, thanks for the link Tupac!
pimp.gif

If you say so, but I dont see how Kidd fits with this team, I woudlnt even think of giving up farmar to get him.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Just got my jersy back from having the patch swen on from my talyor shop....

Sorry for the ninjahood pics but it looks great. This jersey will be worn to the game on the 21st.
Nice
pimp.gif

Quick question bro, how much did the jersey cost you?

I got the jersey from eastbay. Retail is 169.99 but I got 20% off the jersey and the kobe lasers. It came out to 220.

Of all the teams that think they have a chance, we have the biggest window. Suns and Spurs are old. Mavs, eh, they never really impress me. We have a SOLIDyoung group, plus the one major superstar that you have to have. And a championship coach. Only the Spurs have a championship type coach except for Miami,and they need to pray just to make the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Frenchblue, did you remove the original adidas logo first then repatch it with the 60th Ann. patch or did you just patch it over? b/c don't you need to iron patches on usually?
Nah, it would have taken me a while, I just ironed it over. Just have to get the placement right leveled to the NBA logo.

Tupac, the patch they sell on that link is not the same patch that the players wear.

(The first one is the one the Lakers wear, and the second one is not)

(It's minor, but it's better than you know
smile.gif
)

Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to make a trip to the staples center team la store or maybe the one in universal.

Where was chirs? Is he hurt again?

Looking at the schedule if we beat gs tonight I think we could win another 5 more games before out match up with the suns.

Hmmmm, the Cavs game could be tough, especially in Cleveland on national TV. You know Bron will want that one. I like how almost the entire month ofDecember we're on national TV. That's nice.
pimp.gif

Phoenix, Utah, Boston though, ugh.
sick.gif

Great article by one my favorite and a sports writer whose opinion I respect.He's the reason why SLAM magazine isnt what it was back in 90's.Anywaysread and enjoy the article:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Fisher's influence makes Lakers better[/h1]
Jackson_Scoop_55.jpg
By Scoop Jackson

"My assumption without knowing this from them is that what guys appreciate from me is that I'm a guy that does things a certain way in a way that I think is best not just for me but for those around me. And they are able to observe that and kind of sponge that into something they can make into their own. Where they can say, 'I like the way D-Fish does that, I'ma add that to what I do in my own way.' At least that's what I hope." -- Derek Fisher

Look at their record. Look at where they sit in the standings. Listen to the experts and "know-it-alls" that talk around the League. The Lakers are for real this year because … The blank gets filled in with so many different things: of the maturity and development of Andrew Bynum; Lamar Odom is finally able to play his natural position; Kobe Bryant no longer has to average 35 and carry the team by himself; of Jordan Farmar's emergence; Luke Walton, Ronny Turiaf and Sasha Vujacic have finally found their roles; Phil Jackson is coaching with more clarity and taking more calculated (and often brilliant) risks in games. Everything but the obvious.
As much as all of us want to believe that Bryant is the Lakers, he's not. Not anymore. There's a difference between being the best player on a team and being the most important player to its success. In some situations, the team's (or League's for this matter) best player isn't the reason the team wins. In L.A., so far, 34 games in, the black Jack Bauer finally has what he's been asking for since the summer. He just had no idea his wish would come through in an old-school veteran package so "unsuperstarish" and with so little media fanfare, that he -- like everyone else -- might be missing who the real savior is.

"I definitely think he's changed their team and is an upgrade from last year," Phoenix's Steve Nash said.

Nash can't lie. Not about this. He knows the reason his squad has lost to the Lakers twice already this season isn't because Kobe killed them.

This 12 games over .500 record (23-11) they have seems to be better proof of how they are going to make the playoffs this season than the 13 games over .500 mark (26-13) they had around the same time last season, before it all began to fall apart.

It's deeper than Odom saying Derek Fisher "understands the triangle, understands the system, and understands how to win and what it takes to win games." It's deeper than Walton saying Fisher is "the most professional guy on this team." It's about Fish's ability to deeply connect to everything that surrounds him. Deeper than his professionalism, deeper than his 12.6 points and 3.6 assists per game, deeper than his position as the president of the NBA Players Association. It's an intangible that will never show up on any stat sheet or be mentioned in any of those "20/20"-esque halftime packages on his daughter that seem to appear any time the Lakers play on national television. It's the sole and soul reason no one in the NBA is no longer taking the Lakers for a joke.

"When I got traded to Utah," Fisher reminisces, "I went on the Stephen A. Smith show ["Quite Frankly"] and … I told him that I felt I could help that team win eight to 10 more games. They had won 41 games before I got there, and sure enough last year we won 51 games and went to the Western Conference finals.

"Now I know that Deron Williams, Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur, Jerry Sloan and so many other guys had so much more to do with that, but in my mind, I definitely like to think that some of the things I bring to a team do make a difference over the course of a season."

Maybe it's the confident humbleness. Maybe it's the shy self-assuredness. Maybe it's because he's been in -- and won rings in -- this offense and on this team before. Maybe it's because he's so organized. Maybe it's the fact that it was Smush Parker that he replaced. Maybe it's because he makes Jackson's job so easy he can do a Pat Riley and leave, then come back. Maybe it's just the calming effect he has on chaos and uncertainty. Maybe it's his natural ability to restore and maintain order. Maybe, as I told him, it's because he's the "other" Sam Cassell, in that every team he goes to instantly gets better. Maybe it's simply because no one in the NBA (with the exception of Cassell when healthy) can do what Derek Fisher does.

"I came back to L.A. because of my daughter, but once my focus became only basketball, I was able to see that this is a young team that's right on the verge of going from a seven, eight seed in the playoffs to a three, four or five seed with home-court advantage in the first round, and anything can happen from there," Fisher said. "I really felt that we could be good and that my contribution could be that reason."

And what about you being the most important player in a Lakers uniform every time you step on the court, I ask him.

"Yeah," he said with a laugh. "I'd like to think that, too."

A few years ago, during the All-Star Game in D.C., I'd gotten into an argument with Shaq about the status of the Lakers. I said at the time, because the Lakers were struggling and Fisher was injured, that "the Lakers were going to be [expletive] until Fisher came back." Shaquille rolled up on me and demanded that I say what I really meant. I repeated what I had said earlier. Verbatim.

"You all aren't going to win anything until Fish gets back in the lineup!"

Funny how history just keeps repeating itself.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/071231&sportCat=nba

All I have to say is SMH @ some of the foolish Laker fans on here who last summer were hating on DFish coming back to the Laker posting stuff on here like"he isnt worth the 3 years $14 million the Lakers gave him"
smh.gif
youfools know who you are on here.

I'm down for that, but we'll give away two 3 pt threats...not as if thats a bad thing, Lakers are too trigger happy....but right now kinda sucks to seeFarmar go. I really want to see the kid grow, cus he definitely has room for improvement and potential to maximize his skills.

Quote:
I think Lamar should come off the bench when he returns and maybe even for the rest of the season....that way he'll lead that second unit with Kwame, Vlad Rad and Farmar
ing over Kwame.

But I like where you're going with throwing Odom in with the Bench Mob! :pimp:
pimp.gif
.:Flowsomuch:.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

van exel's 3 to win the game at boston
horry's 3 against sac
kobe's 3s against portland to win the division
fisher's .4

Back