LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Hartman boldy claims Magic states, "Kidd WILL be a Laker"
Published by LD2k on December 19, 2007 in J-Kidd Watch.
Interesting stuff. Today, the Loose Cannons claimed Magic came out and said Kidd WILL be a Laker. The exact quote is…

"…Not only does Magic say it could be done, but that it will be done."
http://thelakersnation.com/blog/?p=1790

nerd.gif

8 weeks is a damn long time.........but all they have to do is make the playoffs and go into them healthy and they SHOULD be ok

The reason Kwame hasn't been traded yet is because he was injured? Right?
You can't trade injured players

Funny thing is, that article has completely nothing to do with how well the Lakers have been playing.

So far Kobe has kept his mouth shut 3 games into the season.

That trash of an article is nothing more than to slander Kobe to just keep beating the dead horse.

Quote:
And before you respond, I'm not trying to incite a riot. SOME fans are actually objective and don't mind trying to see things from ALL sides/angles or read articles from varying perspectives.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1​

I doubt that we'll make any more moves of significance. Getting Webb and or Artest changes the dynamic of everything we do and who we are. Could cost uslater on if we're not in sync. Remeber, just 7 days ago we were on top of the world and thought we were on the right path. Turiaf got nicked up, Kwamewent down, and now we are out of sorts like last year. I'm just as anoyyed with Odom as the rest, but he knows the team and the system. If we have nofurther injuries and get Ronny and KB back, we'll be back to what we were last week. We just have to hope the injuries stop this year, unlike last year.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Just got my jersy back from having the patch swen on from my talyor shop....

Sorry for the ninjahood pics but it looks great. This jersey will be worn to the game on the 21st.
Nice
pimp.gif

Quick question bro, how much did the jersey cost you?

^Walton is on a 6-year contract so it would be highly stupid to waive him. And we don't need to get rid of him; he fits on this team perfectly.

I agree w/ C-Webb... I think it is only a matter of convincing him

They need something now... it was obvious that something was missing against Seattle.

Kobe will have to do more with less (more efficiency, less shots) as will Lamar, until/if Lakers' FO gets something done

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Yeah, the media is playing up the whole Kobe is Bynum's big brother a la Shaq and Kobe. Next thing you know Kobe is giving Bynum a piggyback ride

Yeah, tell me about it.
laugh.gif

It doesn't matter, as long as they get a couple rings together
pimp.gif

And bring home the good 'ol Larry O'brien trophy....

87181ty.jpg

The chip will be back.... where it belongs!

What looked like a solid signing - one year, $4 million - back into the off-season has become a colossal waste. Jamaal Magloire is about 24th on the 12-man game roster. The other night against Detroit, Billy Thomas, who had been around for about an hour-and-a-half, got some garbage time minutes while Magloire received his 11th Did Not Play, coach's decision of the season. This wasn't what Magloire envisioned, certainly not what the Nets envisioned. "I agree," Magloire said. NY Post
I wonder whats wrong with him. I would have liked to see him here in la as a back center but looks like he ain't doing to much.

Seriously though, Cook needs to be put down.

He is useless to the team.

I remember at some point in the game last night, he gets the ball on the wing, can't find anyone to pass the rock to, and proceeds to attempt at a dribble and drive and loses the rock in the process. Seriously, did this fool actually think he can actually drive the ball?
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Anyone else tired of Chuck saying the Lakers aren't for real? Charles stay hating on us.

yea, definitely, he will be getting some text msgs pretty soon

well, we talked about the finals when we were up 3-1 against suns actually.

we would have been able to beat clippers in 2nd rd.

and then dallas was a very beatable team in wcf.

then miami? it would have been a very close series, but a winnable one.

Yeah, if we could re-sign Kwame for CHEAP, I wouldn't be mad at that.

But it better be cheap.

Because yes, Mihm is terrible.

Thanks for the anti-Kobe propoganda, SHUGES. Some things never change.

KOBE TO NYK
NO JEAN SHORTS ALLOWED​

Originally Posted by krey1231

Magloire is in NJ.

And he isn't getting any playing time. He isn't in any rotation. Making a move for him would be smart. Mhim and crit for maglorie.

aw man 8 weeks, so he WILL be missing the 9 game road trip. i just hope the lakers arent so down on this and still play with the heart, consistency, andchemistry they've been playing with so far this season.

i was so excited about this year too! then what do you know, injuries around the same time as last year.... damn

KLAC 570 is reporting that magic johnson is saying the kidd deal is going to happen with lamar staying........

Lets see what happens.

I was just going to post this. Steven Hartman spoke to Magic Johnson.
That's why they are hyping this so much, because the source was Magic.

They are saying that deal is likely to be done after the new year. I hope this is true. Deal will include Jordan Farmar, Kwame, and picks.

^^ Damn TMZ has it out for Odom...

First they catch him checking out a blonde at the beach.

Then they were the first to report his car accident, and now this at the club :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Looks like kwame is out 1 to 2 months.....

More time for Bynum and Chris would be beneficial so they can get going

Kwame has no Offensive game but he really helps in terms of guarding the talented big guys in the league

Looks like we may be in talks with the nets to get kidd.

Talking would be as for as they will get I think. If they Lakers can pull off this trade without giving up Bynum or Farmar, I would be amazed...but it'sfar fetched. I don't think they would want Odom when they have VC and Jefferson.

Here's an interesting article about Laker ticket prices:

"The Staples Scam"
The Lakers have not contended for an NBA championship since 2004. How then, can you explain Los Angeles having the highest ticket prices in the NBA? AccuScore's Wailele Sallas looks into the robbery in Los Angeles. From the early 1980's through and early 2000's, the Lakers were the hottest ticket in the NBA. Since moving to the Staples Center, there was the three-peat, followed by trip to the Finals in 2004 with four Hall of Famers on their roster.

But since losing to the Pistons in 2004, things have changed. Shaq was traded and the team is in its third year of rebuilding. And now, a survey by Team Marketing Reports announced the Lakers $89.24 average season ticket price is the highest in the NBA.

How is this possible? Fans heading to the Staples Center are enduring a 4.5% raise to see a mediocre team that lost in the first round as the seventh seed two consecutive years.

An average Lakers ticket is close to double the league average of $48.83. A family of four spends $453.95 a game, according to the Fan Cost Index. The price factors in four average-price tickets, two small draft beers, four small soft drinks, four regular-size hot dogs, parking for one car, two game programs and two least-expensive, adult-size adjustable caps.

The real question is why are fans not appalled by this? During the Lakers title runs, you could not go anywhere in Southern California without seeing Lakers paraphernalia. Streets were filled with license frames, flags, jerseys and buzz.

But it is no longer 2003. Angelinos are now shelling out $89.24 on the hopes Kobe will go for 81 every game, because there is nothing else to look forward to when headed to the Staples Center. I doubt they are paying a $90 entry fee to watch the likes of Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher, Andrew Bynum and Ronny Turiaf misfire for 48 minutes.

If the Lakers are asking double of the league average, should they not be putting out a product that is near the top in the NBA? Diehard Spurs, Suns or Sixers fans would not spend hard earned dollars to watch sub par play. The fans would say "forget you!" and watch from home.

But how and why are the Lakers still selling out? Los Angeles has long been synonymous with fair-weather fans. By filling the arena, the Lakers faithful are supporting management's decision to raise prices and saying they are fine with the team's direction. They don't mind the dismantling of a dynasty and OK with the return of Derek Fisher being the biggest free-agent pick up since Shaq left.

If there is any sense of pride with Lakers' fans, they need to boycott the Staples Center until Dr. Jerry Buss and company come down on their prices. You wouldn't pay $180 for a pair of Fadida's so why pay the Lakers ridiculous prices?

While other teams are getting younger and better, the Lakers seem fine with the status quo.And things can actually get worse if Kobe is traded, or opts out of his contract in the summer of '09.

If the fan's apathy stays the same toward rising prices, Lakers ownership will be charging near triple digits by the time Kobe leaves La-La land. Will Laker fans then, start to oppose the thievery they have grown accustomed to? This is not the same Purple and Gold that came into each year, threatening for a title. This team threatens to make the lottery each year.

This past week, the New Orleans Hornets beat the Lakers at the Staples Center. The Hornets charge $24.58 for their home games, nearly a quarter of the cost of a Lakers ticket. The Hornets haven't made the playoffs since 2002 when they still played in Charlotte.

You have to love the home of the Purple and Gold, emphasis on Gold.

^ When I say "we're talking about the Finals now," I don't mean this week,this month, or this season.

No team is a Finals contender because of a couple months of good basketball.

Back
Top Bottom