LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Quote:
Chris Mihm is coming off his first starting assignment in 20 months, Andrew Bynum is trying to shake off a subpar shooting night Tuesday against New Orleans, and Kwame Brown is not expected to play tonight against Minnesota because of bursitis in his right heel. Mihm had eight points, six rebounds and three blocked shots in 17 minutes against New Orleans, which is probably good enough to earn another start. He had not started since severely spraining his right ankle in March 2006. He missed last season after undergoing two ankle surgeries. LA Times

Kobe Bryant frowns on the sideline, so he must be angry. He smiles on the court, so he must be happy. The dime-store psychologists have tried to gauge Bryant's mood using the smallest of indicators. Bryant said Thursday that enough was enough. "They need a life," he said without rancor. "It's silly. People look way too deep into things. They need to just do the same thing I'm doing, which is just focus on the team and what we're trying to accomplish here. Stop worrying about whether I crack a smile or not. I don't smile when I play that much anyway. I have a job to do." LA Times

Lamar Odom is welcoming the switch to a new, yet old, position. A power forward the last four seasons for the Miami Heat and the Lakers, he has been switched to small forward. Ronny Turiaf is expected to start at power forward
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002
This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

get well bynum

on a side note, after tomorrows game.........WOW at our next 4:

Thu, Jan 17 Phoenix 10:30 pm

Mon, Jan 21 Denver 10:30 pm

Wed, Jan 23 at San Antonio 9:00 pm

Fri, Jan 25 at Dallas 8:30 pm

The trade (if it even happens) has its ups and downs. Like LamarOwnsem said the team is pretty good. I just know we don't have enough to make a deepplayoff run. This year we might taste the second round if everybody stays healthy. We still aren't good enought to be the spurs in a 7 games.

That GS loss counts as # 3 that we have let get away and could be painful at the end of the year.

If we get Kidd without giving up anybody that matters, I will really be confused. Kidd/Kobe/Rad/Odom/Bynum would be our best lineup and would be damnridiculous.

Fish/Farmar/Ariza/Walton/Turiaf off the bench would be fine, just as it is now.

Kidd would kill with Rad spotting up, Kobe always waiting, and young Bynum waiting down low. That would be crazy. But I doubt very much that New Jersey wouldbe that stupid. Maybe we could trade them Mitch real quick, and then the deal would be a lock.
wink.gif

We need a game to get this Celtics butt woopin outta our mouths. Ugh.

At least we have a couple days to prepare without Lamar for a night. It was a dumb move, but it's done so we can just move on. Look at it this way, hewill have 1 full week off to recharge the batteries so to speak, nurse any of the nagging little injuries. Maybe he comes back a little stronger and ready toplay some ball.

^ Definitely a good sign.
pimp.gif

But dude said that a reliable source told him that Bynum's still going to be out 4-6 weeks. I just don't see how that's possible. I don't seewhat could warrant him being out that long yet still allow him to actively participate in shootaround the next day after the injury.

nerd.gif

If we trade for anybody it should be Artest..............
Kwame's expiring contract+Picks for Artest and throw away center from Kings roster(Justin Williams)
DO IT MITCH
Fisher/Farmar/Crit
Kobe/Ariza/White Mamba
Artest/Luke/Radman
Odom/Turiaf
Bynum/Williams

kobe better be 100% xmas day cause im goin, ill be mad heated if he decides to just sit out

frown.gif
8 weeks

Hope he recovers well. I would love to see Kwame assert himself during the time Andrew is out.

So are you guys content with this roster?
I think we need a killer 2nd option for when Kobe has his off nights.
Signing Webber anf P.J. would be nice as well

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

i hope we stay injury free this whoLe season...
Also, does anyone know when the Lakers will wear their 1987 throwbacks??
co-sign...are we gonna wear our bLue minny jerseys too this year to commemorate 60 yrs?

Doubt we're going to wear the Minny jerseys.
Our showtime jerseys are our Hardwood Classics jerseys this season.

lol @ you thinking you can super impose your will on NT by saying laker fans only.
Laker fans onLy because its about the Lakers and us Laker fans...anyways i'd put dfish's 0.4 up there too but sucks it didnt resuLt to achampionship Like magic's hookshot,horry's 3 and kobe's oop to shaq
ohwell.gif

^
That's it? Basically Odom for Kidd w/ the expiring contract? That's all we have to give up to get Kidd? That's not steep at all. Means Radwould need to step up. Bynum would be a big minute guy hopefully. And Luke and Turiaf would need to help out with the boards a bit. Of course Kidd probablywould get more rebounds than Odom does. I like this deal if that's all there is. No Farmar, no Critt?
eek.gif

if he really is gonna opt out will we have space to sign him? what's the salary situation looking like?

I know Kwame's 9mil comes off.

Even though he's not the only reason why the Lakers are where they are, Derek Fisher has provided a lot more than we expected.

I loved the signing of Fisher in the offseason, but to be honest, I didn't expect him to be as big a contributer in the offense as he has been.

If Kidd is unhappy and wants out, it will put more pressure on the Nets to deal him...

Denver got Iverson for practically nothing in return, I'm not saying this is at the same level, but Do it Mitch!!

Back
Top Bottom