LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

I guess everyone has forgotten that we took PHX to seven games in a playoff series a couple years ago... without Bynum... with Kwame at the helm.

He makes us entirely better, but let's not act like Bynum's absence eliminates the deepest bench in the league, or that his absence is the ONLY reasonwe've had success this season.

That's the same type of thinking that many Kobe fans apply to Kobe, like Kobe is the only reason the Lakers exist.

Yes, I'd be upset if I learned Bynum's out for a long while.

No, I wouldn't be worried that we're going to challenge the Heat or the Timberwolves this season for the title 'Worst Team in the League'.

I'll deal with the adidas swingman jerseys.

My broke self can't afford the M&N jerseys.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

i shake my head in disgust every time radmanovic is in the game...he is useless when he is not hitting shots.

Space Cadet > Sasha

smh.gif
Come on man, it's me.

I can't show Sasha love. I have to keep up with the juju. The more I hate, the better he plays.
laugh.gif

^^ I really don't believe it's that serious.

He explained pain in his knee cap, when he moves forward. It has to be a hyperextended knee right? Or at least, a bruised or sprained ligament.

Apparently, the MRI sheduled at 10am this morning, did not happen as scheduled, because they would've had the results by now. (According to am 570)

Originally Posted by The Kobe Show

tupac003 - you got it sewn on?? aren't those patches iron on. i got 2 of those patches from friday's game at staples and i'm debating whether to iron it on my adidas authentic i got last year or a swingman jersey or my lakers jacket.

and as for so cal group game i think we have a better chance at getting a section from the clippers when the lakeshow visits LA's sister team.

You can iron it on but I don't like that. After a while that glue can dissolve after washes. If you sew it on its not going anywhere. I got 2 morejerseys I am going to do. I was going to get my white on done but I will keep one without the patch. I am going to get the hardwood classic done and as soon asmy custom bynum comes in I will get that done.

If you guys look at the role that Kobe has now in comparison to....

Shaq at his prime, when he had a young 19 year old kid, named Kobe Bryant.

Now,

Kobe at his prime, waiting for the young 20 year old kid, Andew Bynum to develop.

Kinda weird now that Kobe is the new Shaq, maybe 2 years from now, Bynum will drive Kobe out of town
laugh.gif

j/k. (I hope not)
tongue.gif

Just weird how everything came back full circle.

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

lakers are looking very good right now..........but they were 23-11 to start the season last year, then collapsed.............with that being said, this roster is a lot better than last years, interesting to see how things shape out
Yeah but that record last year was a bit skewed because of an easy schedule. The majority of our games to start the year were at home. just please stayhealthy

Ok for those Laker fans that dont get what I'm saying how Bynum pulled a Shaq by dropping the F Bomb in the interview last night.Here is what I'mtalking about:

The difference is Bynum said his by mistake.Shaq's interiew he was pissed because of the officiating during that game.If I remember correctly I think Shaqgot suspended for that interview.Because he was a idiot for not caring after John Ireland (KCAL 9) reporter warned him the first time saying "Shaqwe're live on the air" and Shaq still went on by saying "I dont give a Sh*t".Also you cant attack the refs and not expect David Stern orleague to take action against you.

Originally Posted by LA Laker Devotee

Lamar needs to snap out of this funk. I think it's too soon to say tarde but he's costing us games by his bone head plays.
You know man, I used to think the same way, but I just got tired of him waking up from his funk only to fall back in it later in the season, franklyI'm done with this guy, looking back we should have defenitely kept Butler and given Odom to the Wiz instead. Oh well that's life!

SoHi 23 wrote:
Really though, Kupcake made a great trade and got a STEAL with Ariza.

I love Ariza's hustle
he needs to work on his shooting but hes a pretty good player

and stop throwing Jordan in any thought up trades he needs to stay hes gonna be a pretty damn good PG
smile.gif

The Lakers know they can score. The still-evolving defense got a gift Tuesday that ideally isn't just for the future. Los Angeles native Trevor Ariza - a 6-foot-8, 210-pound small forwardwho played one season at UCLA - was acquired in trade for what the Lakers believe are expendable, offensive-minded parts in shooting guard Maurice Evans andpower forward Brian Cook. "He gives us a dimension we don't have, which is a defensive player at that position," Lakers generalmanager Mitch Kupchak said of Ariza, 22. Orange CountyRegister

The trade allows the Lakers to get out from under thecontract extension they gave Cook, who has remained a woeful defensive liability, with three years and $10.5 million still due. The net result forthe Lakers is that they save about $2 million salary for this season - which is really $4 million because they are over the NBA luxury-tax threshold of $67.865million. The trade - which works salary-wise because Cook was a base-year compensation player and Orlando held a $2.6 million trade exception - leaves theLakers paying just $1 million in luxury tax. Orange CountyRegister

Lakers coach Phil Jackson envisions Ariza, a limitedshooter, as a defensive helper who can relieve Kobe Bryant against some bigger perimeter scorers such as Tracy McGrady. Orange County Register

We don't have enough money to go after high-caliber players like Okafor and Jamison. Not to mention Okafor is a restricted free agent which means Charlottekeeps him if they match another team's offer, which they will definitely do.

I still think we should keep Kwame and trade Mihm. Kwame > Mihm
If anyone disagrees that Kwame is better, I would really like to hear your argument.

Either way, we need to lock up Bynum and put the worry to rest. Kobe stays or goes, whatever, we have to lock up the kid that is supposed to be our future.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Hey guys dont know if you saw this after the game last night.I saw some of it and it's a really good little doucmentary about Ronny Turiaf. FSN West is also replaying it tonight @ 10:30PM.Also whoever is at home right now and has nothing else to do the Lakers vs. Grizzlies games is being replayed on FSN West @ 12 noon today.

Here is the download link to to the documentary "Before The Bigs: Ronny Turiaf"

http://files.filefront.com/CM+BTB+RTrar/;9433769;/fileinfo.html

I missed it
mad.gif

I tuned in to Rob & Big, and I completely forgot about Ronny
ohwell.gif

And now it seems Bryant is accompanied by the pieces to get him in position. Perhaps this will all change if they have an early playoff disappointment again. Though the Lakers seem to see there are possibilities, the word is they are trying to interest teams in Kwame Brown's expiring contract to add a good piece. If the Lakers can do that, it could be very interesting come spring, and perhaps the most surprising ending to all that Bryant trade talk.

Los Angeles Lakers: Well, they have a back-up point guard, so the pressing need is to resist the urge to deal Kwame Brown's valuable and expiring contract unless a real player is offered in return.
Fireworks-05-june.gif
Fireworks-07-june.gif
Fireworks-06-june.gif

I just wonder what we do.

we cant sign arenas unless its a sign and trade.

its damn near impossible to get him. so don't even think about it.

Yep been injured in a while

A gameplan better than tonight MIGHT do OK against Phoenix, but without decent bigs the Lakers will get killed by San Antonio

Sigh, when merging goes wrong.

I didn't notice that I was changing the topic title when merging two threads and wound up using the wrong title. I changed it to what I figured wasappropriate, but feel free to change it to whatever it was before my mistake.

Regarding the Lakers being in first, it reminds me of a quote from Shaq during what I believe was the first season after he was traded. To paraphrase (becauseI can't find it), he told an L.A. reporter, "There's a reason my team is in first place and your team isn't."

I know that the Lakers will probably stay in first for all of two days, but it's still funny to see how quickly each team's fortunes have turned andwhy.

Warrior fan here, i can't believe i'm doing this cause i do not like the Lakers ( I dont hate them like Zo though, i respect them), but DAMN you guysare playing really well right now. Just came in to give you guys props.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Warrior fan here, i can't believe i'm doing this cause i do not like the Lakers ( I dont hate them like Zo though, i respect them), but DAMN you guys are playing really well right now. Just came in to give you guys props.
pimp.gif
Thank you sir. Though it may only last for all of 2 days
laugh.gif

once we get bynum back we should still be in the playoffs but of course not 1st seed

so when bynum comes back we can go back to being the dominating laker team we have been this season and give teams a run for their money in the playoffs

bynum is young so he should be back to his regular self and ready to dominate in the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom