LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Originally Posted by tupac003

^Nets have Sean Williams, Jamaal Magloire, Jason Collins, Josh Boone and Nenad Krstic as big men. They aren't giving up krstic. I would take maglorie and boone because collins makes to much. Williams might work also but he is very young.

Question..Mihm hasn't played since the last denver game. Anybody know where he is at?

Edit- I just tired the trade in the trade machine and it doesn't work.

lamar, kwame and javaris for kidd and boone works.
p.s.
mihm hasn't played cuz his ankle is acting up again

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

For all the laker fans that like these 87-88 throwbacks, I went to my pro image and they do make these up to a 4xl. I got the kobe in a 4xl but to my surpise they also have magic johnson, james worthy, cooper, and the one I want most byron scott. Check your jersey shops.

Tupac... are the jerseys made by adidas too?

What pro image did you go to? I think I have one by my job.

All adidas
mad.gif
. I went to the pro image in arcadia mall. Very goodinventory of jerseys there.

youngjordan23 wrote:
i say any trade involving Jordan is dumb unless it's for someone who is a superstar.
Correct.
youngjordan23 wrote:
The only way we should get artest is if it's for kwame straight up.
False. Artest > Kwame, and every team knows it. It would have to be Kwame + _______ for Artest. Bet that.
youngjordan23 wrote:
Ron Artest has proven time and time again that he's crazy. Couple that in with Kobe and Phil Jackson it has a chance to get real good or real ugly.
False.

Artest isn't crazy; he's just portrayed that way. Seriously, dude was fine in Chicago and fine in Indy, and then that Malace at the Palace happened andall of a sudden, he was pinned as this psycho, like it's completely unreasonable to go after someone that throws beer on you.

And you think Artest would fail to work for Phil Jackson and Kobe? Look how Rodman worked out for Phil Jackson + Michael Jordan. Yeah, they sure had a hardtime getting Rodman to be a contributor for them, huh? All they could do with him was... win 3 more championships, and grab the best single-season record inNBA history.
laugh.gif

As glad I'm to see the Lakers getting off to a good start with Bynum & Farmar stepping up big this season.I'm not going to get caught up in thehype that I've been hearing from the media and some Laker fans on here stuff like "Laker are a elite team now" or Andrew Bynum is already anyallstar center.

I'm going to hold off to see how this team does after this upcoming killer 9 game road trip that starts at the end of this month and also see how this teamdoes after the all star break.

Thu 1/31 @ Detroit 4:30pm KCAL
Fri 2/01 @ Toronto 4:00pm KCAL
Sun 2/03 @ Washington 9:00am KCAL
Tue 2/05 @ New Jersey 4:30pm KCAL
Wed 2/06 @ Atlanta 4:00pm KCAL
Fri 2/08 @ Orlando 4:00pm KCAL
Sun 2/10 @ Miami 12:30pm
Mon 2/11 @ Charlotte 4:00pm KCAL
Wed 2/13 @ Minnesota 5:00pm KCAL

ohwell.gif

^ It probably isn't but damn thats a nice big 3. Hopefully that keeps kobe happy and in la because I believe right now he will walk after 2009.

Kobe said he's happy with the team right now...
The only thing bad about that Kidd trade is that it leaves us with too many backcourt players andnot enough big men. How are we going to find playing time for Kidd, Fisher, and Farmar? Both Fisher and Farmar are doing very well this season.

We need to keep a count of games we let get away. I'd say the Bucks game, and the Nets game count as the first two that really really hurt us. You couldprobably add opening night, but the Rockets led almost the whole second half so that's a pretty legit loss.

We need every single win you can get in a season, we can't be giving any away like we've done twice in a week.
indifferent.gif

"I can force the issue and go off for 40 or 50, but that's not beneficial to the team. You've just got to stick to the flow of the game," he said. "I had some easy shots, they just didn't fall for me."
Nice to hear this from Kobe...hopefully he stays this way the whole year
pimp.gif

On another note, has any team had a harder schedule than us to start the season? I mean the Timberwolves are the only "easy" game we've played.Houston x2, Phoenix, Utah, San Antonio, Detroit, New Orleans
eek.gif
Glad to seeus 5-3 after this stretch.

lakers got a tough stretch comin, but im stoked to see them matchup with the spurs, we'll see what theyre really about.

I am glad Turiaf is taking that 19 ft jumper he knows he can make. Everybody just seems more confident. Its great.
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

NO NEWS YET OF BYNUM?

15 minutes until the Loose Cannons show comes on, then we will know.

I will post all info I hear, for those who can't tune in to the show...

You're my boy Blue.

2003_old_school_002.jpg

- Kobe's 2 impossible three point buzzer beaters against the Blazers at the end of the reg. 03-04 season.
- Nick Van Exel, E. Jones, Kobe, Shaq all voted in as All-stars during the 1998 season.
- Iverson's cross up on Tyrone Lue during the 2001 finals.
any Lakers vs Portland match ups.

Odom said Celtics forward James Posey "came under me" seconds before he hit Allen. Odom added that he wasn't angry about the suspension, and he would take the punishment. "I didn't hurt the guy," Odom said. "Of course, I wouldn't want to lose by 20 at home. [There] was a play before that where I thought Posey came up under me. I didn't try to overreact, but Ray Allen was there, he had the ball, and I wanted to foul him hard." Boston Globe
I wouldnt doubt it. James Posey is a dirty player and a cheap shot artist.

Anyway, glad my boy JC got a chance last friday
pimp.gif
Hopefully, he buildsoff this and gives us another option off the bench.

This whole team is sucking really bad right now, Kobe has leg issues, Lamar has head issues and Andrew has foul issues.

I just hope they keep working hard and not cave into the pressure to soon ala 2006/07!!

Damn, 8 weeks MINIMUM?! He's 20 years old, I hope his body is good enough to recover quick. Are there any instances of players coming back sooner thanexpected?

KLAC 570 is reporting that magic johnson is saying the kidd deal is going to happen with lamar staying........

Lets see what happens.

those quad, ham, groin injuries linger very long...trust me had quad tear on both legs and they last a year if you keep playing on it, in my case long jumpingwith it....hope its not a tear....but if so...say good bye to mobility

And now it seems Bryant is accompanied by the pieces to get him in position. Perhaps this will all change if they have an early playoff disappointment again. Though the Lakers seem to see there are possibilities, the word is they are trying to interest teams in Kwame Brown's expiring contract to add a good piece. If the Lakers can do that, it could be very interesting come spring, and perhaps the most surprising ending to all that Bryant trade talk.

Los Angeles Lakers: Well, they have a back-up point guard, so the pressing need is to resist the urge to deal Kwame Brown's valuable and expiring contract unless a real player is offered in return.
Fireworks-05-june.gif
Fireworks-07-june.gif
Fireworks-06-june.gif

Great win yesterday but lets not get to excited. Take it one game at a time. Bynum showed some brilliance and quality minutes

Kwame and Sasha are next to get traded....So that means less bums on the squad...We already got rid of 2 bums so why not get rid of another 2.

Back
Top Bottom