Lakers PA Announcer Unappreciation

I swear this man has no enthusiasm. Watching the Pre-game intros for the Finals, this man does not get me hyped for the game AT ALL. His team is playing in theNBA FINALS and his voice is not only annoying but damn near monotone. Even when he announces Kobe at the end, its just so....bland.

Compare this to the old Bulls days, and the Deeee-troit Basketball introductions....now those had me PUMPED for the game.
pimp.gif

are you kidding?

its professional, clean and respectful.. its called Laker class.. his voice is legendary.

hype men are for hiphop shows.

I like him compared to the corniness of announcers like Detroit. Part of it is because it feels more old-school than the loud, obnoxious ones. This isn'tthe WWE, but some announcers make it feel that way.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I like him compared to the corniness of announcers like Detroit. Part of it is because it feels more old-school than the loud, obnoxious ones.
I think that's what he's going for and why he purposely does it that way.... my guess at least

Lakers crowd in general is pretty lackluster. I especially noticed it tonight, sounded like they were playing in a graveyard.

Lawrence Tanter is Public Address announcer and not a cheerleader. Its been his style for years and it shouldnt change. I dont know about other Laker fans butI appreciate the class and tradition. Let the team's play speak for itself and leave the cheerleading to the Laker Girls or Jack.

Until the 4th quarter, the game was really dull, partially because the crowd showed no enthusiasm toward basketball. maybe the real fans are in the nosebleeds,but lower bowl in Staples crowd=
smh.gif

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

are you kidding?

its professional, clean and respectful.. its called Laker class.. his voice is legendary.

hype men are for hiphop shows.

he's going about his job like its some regular 9-5. His job is to get the crowd pumped and excited for the game. Homecourt advantage is a lot about havingan excited and enthusiastic crowd and he definitely does not do his part in that regards. You can be clean, professional, and still get viewers/fans more intothe game, word to the Jordan-era Bulls

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I like him compared to the corniness of announcers like Detroit. Part of it is because it feels more old-school than the loud, obnoxious ones. This isn't the WWE, but some announcers make it feel that way.
I came in here with the sole purpose of contrasting him with the Detroit guy. The Detroit guy is so annoying, just be happy it's not him.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Until the 4th quarter, the game was really dull, partially because the crowd showed no enthusiasm toward basketball. maybe the real fans are in the nosebleeds, but lower bowl in Staples crowd=
smh.gif
edit: I thought I was in the worst venues thread
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't mind the announcer, the Lakers crowd is pretty lackluster though. Place was clearing out with 15+ seconds left in the 1st half and towards the endas well.

Don't like when announcers are over the top, like the guy from Detroit.

He doesn't even put excitement for his own team.
laugh.gif
Don't get me started with the Pistons announcer. I'm glad that Billups is gone, hedoesn't have do yell his name ever again.

Lawrence Tanter keeps it classy, we don't need an annoying gimmick to try to get our fans involved.

I agree, the loud and rowdy fans are up in the 300s - we got floor seats and in the 100s going for insane amounts of money so why would those people want tocheer their %##%# off?

Especially when a fraud like "P.Diddy" gets floor seats decked out in Laker gear, you know damn well he ain't getting off his *!! to cheer.

People buy floor / 100 seats to be seen, bottom line.

i wouldnt even get on the fans, the game was out trash with no flow till the 4th was nothing to stand up and cheer about

i
laugh.gif
when i read the title. I personally don't think it's the PA's announcers responsiblity to enthuse the crowd. He's perfect for the Lakerscrowd. he's been doing it for a while too so just leave him alone.

it's the fans not the pa guy. he's been doing it since the great western forum days where our crowds were loud. our crowd had been decent until the05-06 season. i remember 00-03, that *%%% was always rocking.

Back
Top Bottom