Lakers PA Announcer Unappreciation

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Lawrence Tanter keeps it classy, we don't need an annoying gimmick to try to get our fans involved.

I agree, the loud and rowdy fans are up in the 300s - we got floor seats and in the 100s going for insane amounts of money so why would those people want to cheer their %##%# off?

Especially when a fraud like "P.Diddy" gets floor seats decked out in Laker gear, you know damn well he ain't getting off his *!! to cheer.

People buy floor / 100 seats to be seen, bottom line.
either that or they wanna watch the game without binoculars.

Even though my dislike for the LA Lakers knows no bounds, I have to say this dude does a good job.

He was really at his best when they played at the Great Western Forum.

Now, if you want a bad announcer, check the Spurs' former announcer (not sure why he's gone).

Now THAT dude made you want to punch him in the face.

"Here come the SPURRRRRRRS!" at random times to try to incite a riot of crowd noise.

See also the Miami Heat guy:

"DUUH-WAYYYYYYYNE WAAAAAAAAADE... THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

smh

He is rather bland. But that doesn't take away from the lame fans that sit courtside aside from the white guy who has those clapping hands.

Dude brings it constantly and shows enthusiasm. My type of fan. Then you got your lucifer fan who always gets facetime when they talk to van gundy and jackson.Swear dude looks like Satan.

Stay classy, Los Angeles.

Next thing, people are gonna complain that the Lakers don't have a mascot. SMH

Rather him than Denver's announcer sounding like a roided, maniac wrestler...
eyes.gif

"Caaaan you feel it?!" No buddy...I don't.

Trust me, the people in the lower levels will not get up anyway, so he would be wasting his time.

Jack Nicholson tries to no avail, to get everyone to stand up.

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

are you kidding?

its professional, clean and respectful.. its called Laker class.. his voice is legendary.

hype men are for hiphop shows.

QFT

I'm waiting for some kid on here to spout off and say Chick was a bum announcer or boring. Then I will have heard it all
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

Stay classy, Los Angeles.

Next thing, people are gonna complain that the Lakers don't have a mascot. SMH
I'm not worried, people will find anything, something wrong to "unappreciate" the Lakers.

I was thinking the exact same thing
smh.gif
son was announcing the Lakers like they were the visiting team.

I kinda like that old school type of old school announcer. Not every one has to be Mason for it to be entertaining. It's the LA crowd that's theproblem. Here's a description of what it's like from those chat wraps ESPN has:

Masputo (Los Angeles, CA Baby): Is the staples center intimidating to an opponent. In baseball you have Yankee stadium, Football you haveTexas Stadium. Did any of that have any affect with Orlando. Is this the meca of all basketball homes? Do you as press feel the vibe?

Chris Sheridan: (5:18 PM ET ) Staples Center is one of the least intimidating arenas I have ever been to. Much of the crowd in thelower bowl seems more interested in being seen than in watching the game. You don;t see this on TV, but duringtimeouts in L.A. a large percentage of folks in the pricey seats simply stand up and stand in place, almost as though they are preening. The mostintimidating thing I saw last night was an LAPD cop outside the press entrance handing out jaywalking tickets to people who didn't use the crosswalk.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

I kinda like that old school type of old school announcer. Not every one has to be Mason for it to be entertaining. It's the LA crowd that's the problem. Here's a description of what it's like from those chat wraps ESPN has:

Masputo (Los Angeles, CA Baby): Is the staples center intimidating to an opponent. In baseball you have Yankee stadium, Football you have Texas Stadium. Did any of that have any affect with Orlando. Is this the meca of all basketball homes? Do you as press feel the vibe?

Chris Sheridan: (5:18 PM ET ) Staples Center is one of the least intimidating arenas I have ever been to. Much of the crowd in the lower bowl seems more interested in being seen than in watching the game. You don;t see this on TV, but during timeouts in L.A. a large percentage of folks in the pricey seats simply stand up and stand in place, almost as though they are preening. The most intimidating thing I saw last night was an LAPD cop outside the press entrance handing out jaywalking tickets to people who didn't use the crosswalk.
roll.gif

It's funny because it's true.

laugh.gif
at the name of the person who asked the question.

Man 300's was rocking tonight! But I have to admit the lower bowl was hyper during the OT.

I think Lawrence Tanter is great. I don't like all that yelling. Seems like a gimick to me.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

I kinda like that old school type of old school announcer. Not every one has to be Mason for it to be entertaining. It's the LA crowd that's the problem. Here's a description of what it's like from those chat wraps ESPN has:

Masputo (Los Angeles, CA Baby): Is the staples center intimidating to an opponent. In baseball you have Yankee stadium, Football you have Texas Stadium. Did any of that have any affect with Orlando. Is this the meca of all basketball homes? Do you as press feel the vibe?

Chris Sheridan: (5:18 PM ET ) Staples Center is one of the least intimidating arenas I have ever been to. Much of the crowd in the lower bowl seems more interested in being seen than in watching the game. You don;t see this on TV, but during timeouts in L.A. a large percentage of folks in the pricey seats simply stand up and stand in place, almost as though they are preening. The most intimidating thing I saw last night was an LAPD cop outside the press entrance handing out jaywalking tickets to people who didn't use the crosswalk.
that is soooo friggin true
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

need motivation?

See - Laker Girls.

LT is vintage LA, tradition. Like the dude doing the National Anthem all the time. Its tradtion.

Like Vin and the dodgers,
Like our man Chick,

tradition. no gimmicks, no mascots, all class.

Forget tradition, it's all about creating a great fan experience.
I understand how someone trying to hype up a crowd could get annoying, but nobody can make announcing more bland than LT. With all due respect to the man, heneeds some enthusiasm in his life.
Laker games in general aren't as fun to go to compared to Clippers games. Disregarding the actual basketball game, the environment is much more fun.

It's called class. I think its better than CHAAAAAUUUNCCCEEEEEEY B-B-B-B-B-BB-B-B-BILLLLLLLLUIAAAUAAAAAAAUAUAPPPZZZZSSSSZZSS!!!!!

Originally Posted by tupac003

Man 300's was rocking tonight! But I have to admit the lower bowl was hyper during the OT.

I think Lawrence Tanter is great. I don't like all that yelling. Seems like a gimick to me.

I take it you went Cal,
nice bro!

I agree too,
We don't need a super hyped PA Announcer like the nuggets got or the douche from the pistons..
Clean, simple.

No need to have a dude screaming his behind off and all that jazz.
Save that for the Teams who need the help.

Laker fans have been there and done that. They don't need some bama yelling on the PA while they're closing deals on the Blackberry. And they don'thave to get rowdy until it is absolutely necessary. Check the banners, check the hall-of-famers. This ain't Golden State or Sacramento. WE DONE LIVED IT,FAM.

The absolute worst guy on the mic is Cedric Ceballos at the Suns games. He is GOD AWFUL. Hes not the PA announcer, but he is unappreciated.

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I like him compared to the corniness of announcers like Detroit. Part of it is because it feels more old-school than the loud, obnoxious ones. This isn't the WWE, but some announcers make it feel that way.
I came in here with the sole purpose of contrasting him with the Detroit guy. The Detroit guy is so annoying, just be happy it's not him.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

i
laugh.gif
when i read the title. I personally don't think it's the PA's announcers responsiblity to enthuse the crowd. He's perfect for the Lakers crowd. he's been doing it for a while too so just leave him alone.
did you find your wallet

Back
Top Bottom