Lakers PA Announcer Unappreciation

I wish for just one game all the lowerbowl seats (100 seats) wouldn't be sold to this celebrities and rich big wigs, but rather just like 300 fans. I wantto see how loud Staples can really get, I mean i've been to Laker games and Warrior games, obviously the Laker games are better to watch, but those Warriorgames get LOUD!

He's no Ray Clay (Former Bulls PA announcer), nor that dude Mason in Detroit, but he's decent. He can ease up on the volume though.

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

I wish for just one game all the lowerbowl seats (100 seats) wouldn't be sold to this celebrities and rich big wigs, but rather just like 300 fans. I want to see how loud Staples can really get, I mean i've been to Laker games and Warrior games, obviously the Laker games are better to watch, but those Warrior games get LOUD!

co-sign. When they play away, the Lakers seem to have more cheering from the crowd than they play at Staples. smh at the rich fans in Staples (minus Jack.)

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I like him compared to the corniness of announcers like Detroit. Part of it is because it feels more old-school than the loud, obnoxious ones. This isn't the WWE, but some announcers make it feel that way.

indifferent.gif
@ yall hatin on Mason

sometimes its nice to have a fired up announcer, yea im kinda seriously annoyed with the reticent introduction

It is odd, but it is also very clean and professional too...So I would not say it is the greatest in the league, but it has a certain style and tone that makeit special.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Staple center hasnt been the same since 06
smh.gif

Yeah, seriously. Now going to a Laker game is fashionable and good for PR. Where were they when we had Smush Parker. Laker games were a lot louder when wewerent favored to win the championship. I was @ game 4 vs Phoenix in '06.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Oh well, just as long as we win the O'Brien Trophy

I don't care if he is classy or not but there is something about his voice and the way he uses it that I don't like

don't compare dude's lame voice with hearn or scully
grin.gif

classy is so boring.

i dont want to be on my death bed and think to myself...."my life was totally boring and devoid of fun, and i hated every min. of it. i always did, said,acted, what was deemed to be age appropriate, but it doesnt matter cuz it was the classy thing to do?"

i think about this everyday. esp. from bein here on niketalk.

people these days have a total lack of fun'ness in their lives geez.
smh.gif

its almost sickeing how serious and "classy" people wanna be.

i think LT does a great job announcing the games..way better than mason from detroit..sounds like he eats too much candy before the games
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Until the 4th quarter, the game was really dull, partially because the crowd showed no enthusiasm toward basketball. maybe the real fans are in the nosebleeds, but lower bowl in Staples crowd=
smh.gif
QFT...acid bro...to the games i went to in staples ive sat in the 300s and the 100s...the loud crazy fans are in 300s and in the 100s they look atyou like theyre gonna call the men in white coats on you if youre cheering
sick.gif
...i mean ppl in the 100s and lower seatings are wearing dresses and suits...they use the Lakers as a social hour and a some type of lounge
tired.gif
...section 300s are like the oracle crowd here in the bay...oracles crowd FTWcause half those fans are the rowdy Laker fans anyways
wink.gif

Lawrence tanter is boring but thats his style...no gimmicks no nothing...hes been with the Lakers for so long and he does his job...the way he says the Lakergirls is pretty
pimp.gif

Damn I noticed that too what is up with that guy....he sounded the same announcing the starting line for the Magic as he did for the Lakers....dude sucks!

As monotone Tanter is, I like it.

It's distinct. We don't need to be hip and have some dude yelling like it's some And1 game.

* Appreciated *

I'll take his monotone style over the 75% of the BS other teams poop out.

Plus could you really imagine Kobe/Pau/Ariza coming out to some douche yelling at the top of his lungs "KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBRIZYANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

75% of intros are so over the top and completely
indifferent.gif

LA don't need the fireworks/flames/sparks/douche on the mic yelling ignorantly. They're 100% business.

Originally Posted by Fuser86

He is rather bland. But that doesn't take away from the lame fans that sit courtside aside from the white guy who has those clapping hands.

Dude brings it constantly and shows enthusiasm. My type of fan. Then you got your lucifer fan who always gets facetime when they talk to van gundy and jackson. Swear dude looks like Satan.
Me and my buddy were just talking about that creepy #!@ guy yesterday. I swear he's lucifer himself.

Originally Posted by APLX2

Originally Posted by Fuser86

He is rather bland. But that doesn't take away from the lame fans that sit courtside aside from the white guy who has those clapping hands.

Dude brings it constantly and shows enthusiasm. My type of fan. Then you got your lucifer fan who always gets facetime when they talk to van gundy and jackson. Swear dude looks like Satan.
Me and my buddy were just talking about that creepy #!@ guy yesterday. I swear he's lucifer himself.
You guys talking about that dude with the goatee, who's always wearing a Red Shirt?
laugh.gif

lol LT is that dude...

It's annoying watching these PA announcers yell like it's a wrestling match.

Back
Top Bottom