[::LAKERS vs. NUGGETS GAME 7 Thread | SATURDAY 7:30pm TNT | Win or Stay Home::]

By J. Michael Falgoust, USA TODAY

The Los Angeles Lakers haven't needed Metta World Peace much in the first two games of their first-round playoff series against the Denver Nuggets. Kobe Bryant has scored a combined 69 points in the first two games and the Lakers hold a 2-0 series lead.

But it's not to be forgotten that World Peace was at the top of his game prior to his seven-game suspension.

So what was responsible for the late-season explosion by Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace?

No, not for the elbow he slammed to the head of an opponent that resulted in a concussion and has World Peace suspended for the first six games of the playoffs.

His actual play on the court.

Although he averaged a career-low 7.7 points per game in his 13th season, World Peace reached double figures in nine of the last 10 games, including his second-quarter ejection on April 22.

That offensive outburst came after a stretch from Dec. 29 to Jan. 20 when he failed to score in double figures, scoring two points or fewer eight times. The 149-day lockout was the culprit.

"Out of shape early because of lockout. Couldn't get treatment so I took off a flat 3 months. I did nothing," he tweeted with a photo that shows his decline in weight and body fat.

World Peace shows that he was 268.7 pounds and at 13.3% body fat on Dec. 11. By Jan. 2, he'd dropped to 256.2 and 12.6%.

On Feb. 17, he went up 10 pounds, likely muscle, but still dropped 1.6% in body fat.

By April 30, World Peace's weight was down to 246.5 and 8.6% body fat – 22.2 pounds lighter and 4.7% fewer in bodyfat.

That's why he was dunking, beating opponents off the dribble and running up and down the court fluidly. That joy, World Peace said a week ago, sparked the incident when he hit James Harden of the Oklahoma City Thunder in the head and led to his 13th suspension from the NBA.

He'd just dunked for the third time and was overcome with "erratic passion." He's new and improved.

From this:
alg_dancing_with_the_stars.jpg

To this:
a398a2a0912511e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Originally Posted by Freeze

yo on a different note, who is that new blonde that's been doing the correspondence?? she interviewed kobe at the end of the last game. sweetheart is *stu lantz* Nooiceeeeee
Im guessing youre not from so-cal
Jaime Maggio ... from Kcal9 

9g9lqk

yessssssss her!!!!!!! i've not seen her before. nope not from socal. thanks bro. i want her.

ron is shredded.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by heemsta

Originally Posted by thachosen123

If we're talking KCAL y'all can have Jamie......Jackie Johnson > *
Sharon Tay is a hottie too
Evelyn Taft
pimp.gif
I miss Lisa Hernandez
frown.gif

i like all of them would move to saudi arabia and wife em all up. one for each floor of the house word to doug from king of queens

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by heemsta

Sharon Tay is a hottie too
Evelyn Taft
pimp.gif
I miss Lisa Hernandez
frown.gif

i like all of them would move to saudi arabia and wife em all up. one for each floor of the house word to doug from king of queens

laugh.gif
that episode was on not too long ago
pimp.gif

psh...mia lee, weird tan and face lifts and all, was always my favorite as a young lad

Evelyn Taft
pimp.gif
I miss Lisa Hernandez
frown.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
not too many ppl watch that show. its great tho 
pimp.gif
 and kerry in her prime was so fine 
devil.gif
 but then she got fat

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
not too many ppl watch that show. its great tho 
pimp.gif
 and kerry in her prime was so fine 
devil.gif
 but then she got fat
King of Queens is mad underrated. That's one thing I miss now that I have to work longer hours is getting home and catching back to back re runs of KOQ on TBS while I eat dinner
laugh.gif
Leah Remini
pimp.gif

And in addition to her looks I thought that Jaime Maggio girl did a great job as the sideline reporter; she asked Kobe a few good questions and he actually gave worthwhile answers instead of reverting to cliches or talking about "extremely" this and that
laugh.gif
She was very professional. I hope they have her more often and get rid of Reggie's sister.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

yo on a different note, who is that new blonde that's been doing the correspondence?? she interviewed kobe at the end of the last game. sweetheart is *stu lantz* Nooiceeeeee
Im guessing youre not from so-cal
Jaime Maggio ... from Kcal9 

9g9lqk

Why is she looking extra thirsty here ?
laugh.gif
Maybe she know Kobe like white chicks

If we're talking KCAL y'all can have Jamie......Jackie Johnson > *

yup, jackie johnson is the best
2nd- sharon tay
3rd- jaime maggio
4th- evelyn taft

come on cp, our boys are looking hungry this year. they've been in denver for 2 days now, had enough time to adjust to the elevation (you kno kobe probably has a pressurized hotel room.) sure denver will probably hit more of their shots, but i still see LA taking this game, even if they lose the next. I dont see them playing as lakers of the past taking nights off or only stepping on the gas when they're up against the wall (in the playoffs lol). they know that clock is ticking and those legs are older, while the comp is younger. i can see them playing with some urgency tonight. only way i see them tanking is to get metta back sooner, but that ultimately would be a bad idea. They can mess around and get snuck by the nugs and lose the whole series just because they chose to be the lion that plays with its food before they eat it, not realizing it was still alive and slowly inching towards the door.

CP:

i sure hope we're ready for okc Denver gentlemen.

THANK YOU!!!!!! Word to Tmac in 2003!! Up 3-1 on the Pistons... ... ... "It feels good to get in the 2nd round"... ... ... Pistons win 3 in a row.

one game at a time guys

win tonight and we be good

we must stop the fastbreaks and uptempo speed of denver..we do that, then we have a W
pimp.gif

go lakers!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP:

i sure hope we're ready for okc Denver gentlemen.
THANK YOU!!!!!! Word to Tmac in 2003!! Up 3-1 on the Pistons... ... ... "It feels good to get in the 2nd round"... ... ... Pistons win 3 in a row.

PISTONS!??!! Man... Nobody gives a damn about TMac and the Pistons!! How about Lakers up 3-1 against the Suns in '06?
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

PISTONS!??!! Man... Nobody gives a damn about TMac and the Pistons!! How about Lakers up 3-1 against the Suns in '06?
mad.gif

sigh.....
frown.gif

There could be a reason why nobody brought that up..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

mad.gif

that doesn't really count tho.  we GROSSLY over achieved that year. How we even got 3 wins is crazy lol. it was pretty much straight kobe iso's all season. I mean he damn near averaged 36 ppg that season. young legs
frown.gif
.  smush and Kwame and aaron mckie and chris mihm and medvendenko = 1st rd exit.  easily.

that game winner kobe hit in game 4 is what dreams are made of tho. 

Back
Top Bottom