Lamar Odom done with Dallas

Fam my Odom and diaw comparison are much more realistic than any Odom and Durant comparison will ever be.

Diaw and Odom are both 6' 10 dudes are good on the block, handle the ball, rebound, and have so so jumpers.

Of course LO had higher expectations, but that's not the point. As NBA players they're skillset is somewhat similar. Admittedly it wasn't easy finding someone comparable to LO, not many dudes his size with that skillset.

Lamar is mentally soft, but that's been his rep for the last 12 years.

He was acting like the Mavs don't have a title to defend and like they were some low cellar team. Add the Kardashain media circus and it was what it was...not to mention, Kardashian box gives men a wounded dog personality.

The Mavs should do him dirty on draft night. He was supposed to be part of a versatile front court rotation. He's not even a Jordan caliber player where you can understand that he was mad he didn't play his career with the Lakers.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Lamar is mentally soft, but that's been his rep for the last 12 years.
I like Lamar but he's too sensitive.  I hope he can bounce back somewhere else.  I don't think the Kardashians are helping him.  He's too distracted.

At least Lamar's career fared better than Tim Thomas'... now that was underachieving
laugh.gif

Antics like this from Lamar, as well as Dwight Howard are the reasons during a lockout in which fans side with ownership and why I wouldn't be surprised if ownership pushes for a type of franchise tag in the NBA and not guaranteed contracts

I haven't been keeping up with the Lamar Odom news but for the people saying he's been through a lot, what has he been through?

Originally Posted by OneTrust

I haven't been keeping up with the Lamar Odom news but for the people saying he's been through a lot, what has he been through?
I know his Daughter had SIDs (sudden infant death syndrome)
Last summer his driver hit a kit on a bike and killed him when Odom was in the car.

I think his cousin was killed last summer too.

Originally Posted by gopowergoh

Originally Posted by OneTrust

I know his Daughter had SIDs (sudden infant death syndrome)
Last summer his driver hit a kit on a bike and killed him when Odom was in the car.

I think his cousin was killed last summer too.
-also had an aunt die in the past few months
- His dad who he recently formed a bond with is now in the Hospital dying (of what has been rumored as AIDS)

all of this happened in a year but nah that's not bothering him at all its the fact that he left L.A and all his luxurious candy
grin.gif

Originally Posted by manny1

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Whats this about Mark and Odom got into it in the locker room after that Mavs lost to Grizz?
eek.gif

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...nted-lamar-odom-in-locker-room/1#.T4Ue5ftSQcc

Damn.

^ didnt hear about this. but i did hear about this one. sorry if its been posted.

http://www.gossipcop.com/lamar-odom-dirk-nowitzki-fight-locker-room-brawl-mavericks-mavs/

Look at these articles...

How can people defend this guy? Like I've said before in this thread, he doesn't deserve to wear an NBA jersey ever again. 
I couldn't care less about his personal life or whatever he's going through... if you can't come to work with a HALFWAY decent frame of mind then you will get fired. This goes for every blue collar/white collar profession on earth. He's gettng paid what... like 8-9 million and was traded to the DEFENDING champs with MARK CUBAN as an owner and this is how he acts? Screw him.. I'll bet there are hundreds of amateur ballers that would pay to be given a simple chance in the League, maybe even a 10 day contract, and this clown gets 9 mill year and comes on the court with personal problems?? 
roll.gif

I would be disgusted if the lakers took him back... 

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Whats this about Mark and Odom got into it in the locker room after that Mavs lost to Grizz?
eek.gif

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...nted-lamar-odom-in-locker-room/1#.T4Ue5ftSQcc

Damn.

^ didnt hear about this. but i did hear about this one. sorry if its been posted.

http://www.gossipcop.com/lamar-odom-dirk-nowitzki-fight-locker-room-brawl-mavericks-mavs/

How can people defend this guy? Like I've said before in this thread, he doesn't deserve to wear an NBA jersey ever again. 
I couldn't care less about his personal life or whatever he's going through... if you can't come to work with a HALFWAY decent frame of mind then you will get fired. This goes for every blue collar/white collar profession on earth. He's gettng paid what... like 8-9 million and was traded to the DEFENDING champs with MARK CUBAN as an owner and this is how he acts? Screw him.. I'll bet there are hundreds of amateur ballers that would pay to be given a simple chance in the League, maybe even a 10 day contract, and this clown gets 9 mill year and comes on the court with personal problems?? 
roll.gif

Of course you would.

Son just probably despised living in Dallas on top of the other things that was going on in his life... He probably makes just as much money doing other things than playing in the NBA.

"Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up."

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
- Plato

Originally Posted by Gmbybryant

Originally Posted by AG 47

That's exactly where that mental ****** wants to be. %%$+ that clown!

That's a bit cold hearted. Money isn't everything.

Money isnt everything, but when you get traded to a team you're expected to be professional about it and not cry your way through the season like a little girl until they trade you back. ESPECIALLY when he's the one who demanded the trade in the first place. He's not even a mental ******, he's a lawn gnome.  

It's more than basketball. Most you all would wilt if you had to deal with similar hardships.

eek.gif

Damn.

I doubt Dirk and Odom actually got into it like that. Dirk or Lamar wouldn't hurt a fly. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

"Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up."

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
- Plato

I feel you.
I hope Lamar gets his ducks in a row and is able to live a prosperous, healthy life when all is said and done... I just don't think he deserves a roster spot in the NBA as long as his mental state is as fragile as it's shown to be in dallas. 

eek.gif

Damn.

roll.gif

....and there you have it.

...speaks volumes really.

Originally Posted by Gmbybryant

That's a bit cold hearted. Money isn't everything.

Money isnt everything, but when you get traded to a team you're expected to be professional about it and not cry your way through the season like a little girl until they trade you back. ESPECIALLY when he's the one who demanded the trade in the first place. He's not even a mental ******, he's a lawn gnome.  

It's more than basketball. Most you all would wilt if you had to deal with similar hardships.
I hate this argument, because most of us aren't being paid 9 mil a year to play basketball. 
Lamar doesn't owe me a thing, I understand that. But he does owe it to dallas fans, Mark cuban , his coaches and teammates to put it all on the court and play hard. At MINIMUM put in an honest blue collar effort, even when the baskets might not be falling.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

roll.gif

....and there you have it.

...speaks volumes really.

You misunderstood my statement. Read it again.
I'm saying as a professional NBA player making millions a year, his personal life and off court problems should not affect his mindset on the court as much as, and as often as it has in Dallas. 

He doesn't even TRY.... no damns given in Dallas one bit. 9 million a year, doesn't care or lift a FINGER for the Mavericks. how can you guys defend this guy's actions... really.

Regardless of the things Lamar was going through he collected 9 million dollars this year. $343,000 every two-week pay period into his bank account.

The fan pays for that. He stole that money and he knows it. And that's never brought up in any of these discussions.

As I mentioned previously Lamar better look to be donating some major bread to charity.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Regardless of the things Lamar was going through he collected 9 million dollars this year. $343,000 every two-week pay period into his bank account.

The fan pays for that. He stole that money and he knows it. And that's never brought up in any of these discussions.

As I mentioned previously Lamar better look to be donating some major bread to charity.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ everyone in this thread holier than thou.

I just don't think he deserves a roster spot in the NBA as long as his mental state is as fragile as it's shown to be in dallas.

That's cool. My comments were in reference to everyone including yourself calling him a mental ****** because the GAME of basketball wasn't a priority in his life. Obviously his production didn't match his salary so Dallas let him go...I have zero problems with that from the Mavericks perspective. It's everybody in here acting like they've never had a down day....or that money magically makes up for the death of KEY family members. How about we paid you $350k every other week but instead killed your mom, grandmom, first born, cousin, and then put your father on your death bed and see how you react? Paid or not, the dude is human after all and we should/can show some sympathy about that, if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom