LAMEBOOK.COM Part Duo Vol. Good laughs!

Originally Posted by Bastitch

And I have a 10 year old son that doesn't curse around me.  He probably curses at school and around his friends, but he definitely doesn't do it around me or his teachers or the rest of his family.

I don't mind if he curses as long it's not around me because I realize that he understands that (get this) there are certain places, environments and people where cursing isn't acceptable. He's cool with that. He doesn't feel that he's entitled to curse at all times and in all places.

And he's 10.

That's why I don't understand all the "power trip" and "treating us like kids" comments.

When the creators of NikeTalk made the decision to make these rules, they had an idea of what type of community they wanted to maintain. 

You can be mad about our inability to get off Yuku as a service provider. I understand that frustration more than you understand. 

What I don't understand is how you can come to this community and then decide you want to call the shots as to how rules are or aren't enforced. You came here with these pre-existing rules that are about as explicit as you can get.
I actually dont mind the no cursing policy. Matta fact Ill go as far as saying I appreciate the no cursing policy. Ive been on other forums where rules are little to none (ISS) and surprisingly these rules go a long way in terms of the community.

Cursing just for cursing sake is pretty stupid, I completely agree.. The thing is, within the content of this thread a little f word or whatever I dont think is reason to get a 1 week ban. Seems to me like the punishment doesnt fit the crime. Im not saying completely ignore the rules but just a little consideration that this thread is strictly for the purpose of lulz and a f word might just slip out in here just like it would in the real world.

Thats what I think is great about moderating a forum, you as the reader notices an offense but you have the authority to determine if dude posted a curse just for the hell of posting a curse or if it was something that was just casually thrown in there when the posters only intention was to provide lulz.

Either way, Im sure youre goin to come up with an elaborate response as to how much of a favor you and the mods do for us by moderating this forum and how we should appreciate it rather than condemn every little decision you guys make. How the rules have been there for 10 years so you dont see why we are so surprised about the enforcement of such a rule.

Same way youve heard every excuse in the book, us regular users have heard every reason in the world for why a mod is never ever ever wrong in any decision they make.

It is just my opinion that the punishment does not fit the crime given the non malicious intent in which the offense was made.
It is what it is though.

^

I agree with Diego.

In my humble opinion I believe NT and its modulators are mature enough to know what is malicious curse word vs a "joke in context" curse word. Mind you, on television and even PG-13 movies the use of the B-word (female dog) and the S-word (four letter word for sewage composite) is prevalent. We All should be able to freely voice our opinions but within context. If for example some Nter decides to just post curses for the hell of it then Ban his @ $ $ (three letter word for behind) ... but if it's in the form as such posted in this thread then some leeway should be given .. we are all old even to judge for this and we should...

In addition... since this is a democratic society where the people should have the voice of the nation .. I propose we vote on this matter. We the NTers make NikeTalk ... not the modulators .. and our voices and opinions should be heard! At least give us a forum for that!!! This should be fair. I respect the rules and everything but there will always come a time for Change. Even the forefathers who signed the declaration saw this and allowed amendments.... If we all monitors how the curses are used ... i think it would be ok... How about it Bastitch? Is this reasonable??? Can we have an official vote on this matter??

^

I agree with Diego.

In my humble opinion I believe NT and its modulators are mature enough to know what is malicious curse word vs a "joke in context" curse word. Mind you, on television and even PG-13 movies the use of the B-word (female dog) and the S-word (four letter word for sewage composite) is prevalent. We All should be able to freely voice our opinions but within context. If for example some Nter decides to just post curses for the hell of it then Ban his @ $ $ (three letter word for behind) ... but if it's in the form as such posted in this thread then some leeway should be given .. we are all old even to judge for this and we should...

In addition... since this is a democratic society where the people should have the voice of the nation .. I propose we vote on this matter. We the NTers make NikeTalk ... not the modulators .. and our voices and opinions should be heard! At least give us a forum for that!!! This should be fair. I respect the rules and everything but there will always come a time for Change. Even the forefathers who signed the declaration saw this and allowed amendments.... If we all monitors how the curses are used ... i think it would be ok... How about it Bastitch? Is this reasonable??? Can we have an official vote on this matter??

All of yall sound like some lames

yall really gettin butthurt over the rules of an INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD?

Go outside, please. It aint that serious at all

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Banned a week for profanity? I was banned a month for posting a spoiler to a movie.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Name calling, strictly against the roc, ban this man.  Plus it's a stupid argument for a grown person to be making over the internet.

Name calling, strictly against the roc, ban this man.  Plus it's a stupid argument for a grown person to be making over the internet.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

If this dude doesnt get banned for breaking a rule thats been in place for the past ten years Im going to have to go out on a limb and say that mods can be very inconsistent when it comes to enforcing rules.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

If this dude doesnt get banned for breaking a rule thats been in place for the past ten years Im going to have to go out on a limb and say that mods can be very inconsistent when it comes to enforcing rules.

Yeah nah that wasn't a power trip :/ dude did nothing wrong, profanity isn't allowed, so don't @#$% with it. End of story.

y'all are some sooky girls for real

Yeah nah that wasn't a power trip :/ dude did nothing wrong, profanity isn't allowed, so don't @#$% with it. End of story.

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

Name calling
*Reported*

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

Name calling
*Reported*

Back
Top Bottom