Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And just like that.... we back.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

smh.gif
smh.gif
What about the UT early enrollees that are stuck with their commitment?

That's mad weak.

why's it weak? Would you rather coach at Tenn or USC???? I think LA would be a little bit better. Plus the team is better as well.. Barkley is a stud

I'm saying, how coaches can say "screw my contract, I'm out"

So true. Even Pro players can't do that whenever they want to Smh

Not so fast on Chow

http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/archives/2008/01/carroll-vs-chow.html
Relations between Pete Carroll and Norm Chow deteriorated over time. Carroll resented how Chow always got credited with the success of the offense and quarterbacks winning the Heisman Trophy. He worried recruits would think the offense would fall apart if Chow ever left.
On top of this, Lane Kiffin and Chow barely spoke and had at best a strained and sometimes hostile relationship. Remember the argument during the 2004 Orange Bowl practices in Florida?
Chow resented the way Carroll increasingly meddled with the offense. Many times, Carroll said, ``This isn't the BYU offense'' or said he intervened midway through the 2001 season to ``fix'' the offense.
Things reached a head in January of 2005. Carroll, Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian met in Mobile, Ala., at the Senior Bowl and talked about a plan to bring Sarkisian back from the Raiders, where he was an assistant and kick Chow into the job of assistant head coach.
They also discussed removing playcalling duties from Chow.
Chow told friends recently he was "hurt" and "upset" and thought he was being forced out.
"I think they wouldn't mind if (Chow) left," said an associate of Carroll and Chow. "I think it's about ego and maybe they are tired of Norm. They don't need him anymore."
Now, to be fair, Chow could also be aloof and paranoid at times and his quiet demeanor is not the type of personality Carroll seems to prefer on his coaching staff.
With all of this going on, Chow was offered the Titans job. After he took the job, some other things happened between involving Chow and Kiffin, but I'll go into them another time. Meanwhile Chow no longer speaks to Sarkisian, feeling he was betrayed by his former protege.
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/2836/orgeron-nobody-wants-to-beat-ucla-more-than-he-and-kiffin
Speaking of a lack of fondness, Kiffin and UCLA offensive coordinator Norm Chow aren't exactly what you would call old fishing buddies.

One of the main reasons Chow left Southern California following the Trojans' blowout of Oklahoma to win the 2004 BCS national championship was because Pete Carroll wanted to give more of the play-calling responsibilities to Kiffin (and ultimately Steve Sarkisian).

Chow felt like he was being wedged out and already had a strained relationship with Kiffin, who was the young gun on the staff and the guy Carroll had pegged to take over the offense at some point.

I'm saying, how coaches can say "screw my contract, I'm out"

Yeah..I agree. That is a lame move, but hey man when offered a better job you have to take it.

I expected Coach O.

Lane Kiffin,
laugh.gif
. Somebody mentioned it today on campus and I laughed.

No way he leaves Tennessee, like Sarkisian, he just began his tenure.

Plus, I was bummed when Fisher and Del Rio turned the job down.

I'm happy with this hire, even though LK comes off as a douche sometimes.

I will not be happy until the press conference takes place.

I doubt Norm comes back since him and LK butted heads big time. Chow is humble and quiet, LK runs his mouth. Chow saw LK as a punk $@! kid with no manners. However, if Poppa Kiffin talks to Chow, it may be a different story.

Gunna shoot me your numbers to I can text you pics of LK's press conference.

Bringing Coach O and his pops is a major plus.

We'll see how this shakes out. Ed Roski and Pat Haden putting in work
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom