Lately, Nike has been coming out with overly flexible shoes that cause Plantar fasciitis. Why?

Wally, I see exactly what you are saying and have thought about the "new" flexibility for a couple years. I understand in running, flexion and strengthening the foot to make you faster, stronger, whatever. But in basketball, all we heard was stiff carbon fiber for support, blah, blah. So every sneakerhead/basketball player wanted carbon fiber plates because Jordan had them. Now, we have to have flex like Free's to promote responsiveness ans quickness. Like you said, If they can sell us on $80 for lesser, and hype them up, they are good. Which, in a business sense, they should be. Personally, I like Zoom forefoot and Max heel, don't really care about the carbon fiber as long as the shoe doesn't twist on me like the Hyperize's. I played in enough shoes in the 90's to know you don't need it to prevent PF.

The last time I got PF, it was from jumping on a trampoline. The downward bounce flexed my foot upward at the toes and I wasn't used to the motion. And I kind of knew who Nat Turner was about a month ago, but he has not been confrontational and is actually trying, it seems, to hold civil discussions with everyone, even me, who had an extremely volatile situation about race with him last time. Give him a chance and see how it works out. He might have some ideas or opinions we haven't thought of, even if he does have a trefoil tattoo on his ankle.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

you are a hypocrite though coach hubie. i mean i dig some of the stuff you say that is non shoe related but when it comes to athletes and shoes you come off as a hypocrite.

Michael Jordan was a horrible person probably even worse than Kobe Bryant yet you hold him in high standards.

Also you crucified kobe for getting accused of rape by a white female and then it came out what this white female was all about yet it seems like you still are taking her side on this issue even though the black athlete has been held under a microscope ever since Jack Johnson took the white man's belt...

also back then prof K praised adidas footwear so i doubt he was a nike fan boy back then.

times ahve changed and solecollectorr is now on nike/jordan's payroll but back then i really dont think a case could be made he was biased.

this whole nike causes planter fasciitis is bull %#@%. i bet nike endorsed athletes arent the only ones getting this...
NobleKane wrote:
you are a hypocrite though coach hubie. i mean i dig some of the stuff you say that is non shoe related but when it comes to athletes and shoes you come off as a hypocrite.
_____

You cannot suggest that someone is a "hypocrite", then say that they COME OFF as a hypocrite at the same time. It seems that you are a bit confused. However, I am not suprised on this.
_____

NobleKane wrote:
Michael Jordan was a horrible person probably even worse than Kobe Bryant yet you hold him in high standards.
_____

I've never stated what I thought about Jordan as a person on here, where did you get that information? Again, the confusion factor arises.
_____

NobleKane wrote:

Also you crucified kobe for getting accused of rape by a white female and then it came out what this white female was all about yet it seems like you still are taking her side on this issue
_____

I want you to witness the comment by the handle "Never Wear Them:" above, then perhaps you will understand my position on Kobe, then his unthinkable actions.
_____

NobleKane wrote:

even though the black athlete has been held under a microscope ever since Jack Johnson took the white man's belt...
_____

Now I know that you are not trying to compare what Jack Johnson went through, wiith what Kobe Bryant CHOSE to do, are you?
_____

NobleKane wrote:
also back then prof K praised adidas footwear so i doubt he was a nike fan boy back then.
_____

George W applauded Obama's run as well, do you think that he really wanted the President to win?
_____

NobleKane wrote:

times ahve changed and solecollectorr is now on nike/jordan's payroll but back then i really dont think a case could be made he was biased.
_____

See the above comment.
_____

NobleKane wrote:
this whole nike causes planter fasciitis is bull %#@%.
_____

Then provide proof that Nike shoes do NOT contribute to this issue., instead of bringing up issues that are not relevant to the discussion. 
____

NobleKane wrote:
bet nike endorsed athletes arent the only ones getting this...
____

You don't sound too sure of this. In your association with Nike, what is the explanation as to why the athletes that endorse their product seem to suffer from injury just as much, then more than those who wear equipment from other companies, especially if Nike is supposed to be the far more superior product? Is it that Nike shoes has never been proven to do anything special, as the hype from ads and boards like this suggest?

Your turn..

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Also you crucified kobe for getting accused of rape by a white female and then it came out what this white female was all about yet it seems like you still are taking her side on this issue even though the black athlete has been held under a microscope ever since Jack Johnson took the white man's belt...

this whole nike causes planter fasciitis is bull %#@%. i bet nike endorsed athletes arent the only ones getting this...
NobleKane wrote:
_____

You cannot suggest that someone is a "hypocrite", then say that they COME OFF as a hypocrite at the same time. It seems that you are a bit confused. However, I am not suprised on this.
_____

NobleKane wrote:
_____

I've never stated what I thought about Jordan as a person on here, where did you get that information? Again, the confusion factor arises.
_____

NobleKane wrote:

Also you crucified kobe for getting accused of rape by a white female and then it came out what this white female was all about yet it seems like you still are taking her side on this issue
_____

I want you to witness the comment by the handle "Never Wear Them:" above, then perhaps you will understand my position on Kobe, then his unthinkable actions.
_____

NobleKane wrote:

even though the black athlete has been held under a microscope ever since Jack Johnson took the white man's belt...
_____

Now I know that you are not trying to compare what Jack Johnson went through, wiith what Kobe Bryant CHOSE to do, are you?
_____

NobleKane wrote:
_____

George W applauded Obama's run as well, do you think that he really wanted the President to win?
_____

NobleKane wrote:

_____

See the above comment.
_____

NobleKane wrote:
this whole nike causes planter fasciitis is bull %#@%.
_____

Then provide proof that Nike shoes do NOT contribute to this issue., instead of bringing up issues that are not relevant to the discussion. 
____

NobleKane wrote:
bet nike endorsed athletes arent the only ones getting this...
____

You don't sound too sure of this. In your association with Nike, what is the explanation as to why the athletes that endorse their product seem to suffer from injury just as much, then more than those who wear equipment from other companies, especially if Nike is supposed to be the far more superior product? Is it that Nike shoes has never been proven to do anything special, as the hype from ads and boards like this suggest?

Your turn..

Originally Posted by duke4005

Wally, I see exactly what you are saying and have thought about the "new" flexibility for a couple years. I understand in running, flexion and strengthening the foot to make you faster, stronger, whatever. But in basketball, all we heard was stiff carbon fiber for support, blah, blah. So every sneakerhead/basketball player wanted carbon fiber plates because Jordan had them. Now, we have to have flex like Free's to promote responsiveness ans quickness. Like you said, If they can sell us on $80 for lesser, and hype them up, they are good. Which, in a business sense, they should be. Personally, I like Zoom forefoot and Max heel, don't really care about the carbon fiber as long as the shoe doesn't twist on me like the Hyperize's. I played in enough shoes in the 90's to know you don't need it to prevent PF.

The last time I got PF, it was from jumping on a trampoline. The downward bounce flexed my foot upward at the toes and I wasn't used to the motion. And I kind of knew who Nat Turner was about a month ago, but he has not been confrontational and is actually trying, it seems, to hold civil discussions with everyone, even me, who had an extremely volatile situation about race with him last time. Give him a chance and see how it works out. He might have some ideas or opinions we haven't thought of, even if he does have a trefoil tattoo on his ankle.

It's not a trefoil, it's the scar from where I ripped off the chain of oppression. That said, nobody has to vouch for me.

But it seems that many are still slaves to the swoosh! Perhaps someone needs to vouch for that point of view! 

It's not a trefoil, it's the scar from where I ripped off the chain of oppression. That said, nobody has to vouch for me.

But it seems that many are still slaves to the swoosh! Perhaps someone needs to vouch for that point of view! 

Joking about the trefoil (everyone accusing you of adidas homerism). And I am not trying to vouch for you; I am trying to stop all the same crap that started here last time over some differeing points of view form ruining some good discussion. I did like the "chain of oppression" comment.

Joking about the trefoil (everyone accusing you of adidas homerism). And I am not trying to vouch for you; I am trying to stop all the same crap that started here last time over some differeing points of view form ruining some good discussion. I did like the "chain of oppression" comment.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Nat Turner

whats your OG screenname?

and after lookin and holdin these flywire shoes, im still not convinced they work...i say theyre good for running cause you not doin all the cuts and switchin directions so it cuts weight.

He's that one broad that called himself Mr Jack Johnson, coach Hubbie, chocolate fairy, and some other banned screen names... I think we all know what this broad is about... He self proclaimed himself as a big black business man... All his screen names/avys/ and old posts have been racial in a subliminal way.... One of those lame NTers that bash anything new that Nike comes out with. He has Adidas tatted on his lower back...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

haha i aint disrespectful like...but im not one that remembers too many posterrs ( i rarely even look at screen names) but i could tell by his stance that it reminded me of the dude who hated every thing Nike.

I wish he wasnt ALL HATE for Nike cause"say what you want" we are (typically) all biased towards Nike so gettin a differing a opinion is good...but his hate is not objective so...ehh

anyway thanks for clearin it up NWT and Nat. yall be cool.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Nat Turner

whats your OG screenname?

and after lookin and holdin these flywire shoes, im still not convinced they work...i say theyre good for running cause you not doin all the cuts and switchin directions so it cuts weight.

He's that one broad that called himself Mr Jack Johnson, coach Hubbie, chocolate fairy, and some other banned screen names... I think we all know what this broad is about... He self proclaimed himself as a big black business man... All his screen names/avys/ and old posts have been racial in a subliminal way.... One of those lame NTers that bash anything new that Nike comes out with. He has Adidas tatted on his lower back...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

haha i aint disrespectful like...but im not one that remembers too many posterrs ( i rarely even look at screen names) but i could tell by his stance that it reminded me of the dude who hated every thing Nike.

I wish he wasnt ALL HATE for Nike cause"say what you want" we are (typically) all biased towards Nike so gettin a differing a opinion is good...but his hate is not objective so...ehh

anyway thanks for clearin it up NWT and Nat. yall be cool.

Well, the "chain of opression" thing was meant to be funny! Adidas has screwed up plenty in my eyes, but I've never mentioned it here. The reason is that this isn't "Adidas Talk", not really many Adi fans here, Since it is Nike Talk, a little objectivity shouldn't be shunned, but it is. This is because of the Nike employees that are here, those that lay in wait for anyone who'll question Nike and their so called superior product. They know that I am armed with facts. They are protecting their product and their major endorsers like Kobe Bryant. LeBron James is okay to pick on here on Nike Talk now, and the uber Kobe Bryant fans here, those who'd rather have Kobe as the face of Nike instead of LeBron, are leading the charge. They couldn't wait to have someone overshadow their man as the bad face of the NBA. However as I said before, all LeBron actually did, was to leave his former team.

What has Kobe done?

That said, the quality of Nike products should be open to question. Why should I invest in a pair of nike shoes?  Is it because Kobe Bryant wears them???  What if they do not protect my feet, which is what a shoe is actually supposed to do? From the looks and then feel of what Nike is presently doing, they don't care! Especially with their new line of shoes shoes made out of fishing wire and 64 oz bottles!

Well, the "chain of opression" thing was meant to be funny! Adidas has screwed up plenty in my eyes, but I've never mentioned it here. The reason is that this isn't "Adidas Talk", not really many Adi fans here, Since it is Nike Talk, a little objectivity shouldn't be shunned, but it is. This is because of the Nike employees that are here, those that lay in wait for anyone who'll question Nike and their so called superior product. They know that I am armed with facts. They are protecting their product and their major endorsers like Kobe Bryant. LeBron James is okay to pick on here on Nike Talk now, and the uber Kobe Bryant fans here, those who'd rather have Kobe as the face of Nike instead of LeBron, are leading the charge. They couldn't wait to have someone overshadow their man as the bad face of the NBA. However as I said before, all LeBron actually did, was to leave his former team.

What has Kobe done?

That said, the quality of Nike products should be open to question. Why should I invest in a pair of nike shoes?  Is it because Kobe Bryant wears them???  What if they do not protect my feet, which is what a shoe is actually supposed to do? From the looks and then feel of what Nike is presently doing, they don't care! Especially with their new line of shoes shoes made out of fishing wire and 64 oz bottles!

Dude.... I think your in your own little world....

Who the hell is waiting for you?..... Ain't no one listening to you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

like your really gonna turn/change some kids mind about how Nike does things..... In a Forum 'bout Nikes....
For example... Nike Air Yeezy... Cmon... What purpose does that shoe do... Absolutely nada.
But hey, let's slap kanyes name on it and we got a winner. You'll have hundreds of ppl like myself paying half a grand on one shoe.

Bottom line... It's about looks homie. And that's what nikes about, then tech... (kobes are about tech, then looks)

How is Cover Girl or any make up brand gonna sponsor their sh** with some fat old broad?
Doesn't make sense right?

Adidas' bread and butter is that shell toe kick. When Nike, since day one, has had plenty of fads and new tech approaches.

Put that pipe down.... Take 3 lines (no pun intended), and chill

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

like your really gonna turn/change some kids mind about how Nike does things..... In a Forum 'bout Nikes....
For example... Nike Air Yeezy... Cmon... What purpose does that shoe do... Absolutely nada.
But hey, let's slap kanyes name on it and we got a winner. You'll have hundreds of ppl like myself paying half a grand on one shoe.

Bottom line... It's about looks homie. And that's what nikes about, then tech... (kobes are about tech, then looks)

How is Cover Girl or any make up brand gonna sponsor their sh** with some fat old broad?

Adidas' bread and butter is that shell toe kick. When Nike, since day one, has had plenty of fads and new tech approaches.

Question for Duke, just want to say I enjoy reading your reviews. I especially liked your review on the Zoom flight 95 as its one of my favorite shoes for basketball. I was wondering what your impressions are about the Adidas supernatural creator, kobe iv, and Kobe V in terms of the torsional rigidity? For me they were easy to bend in half and that's the reason why I didn't purchase them. I know there is a torsion system in the creator and shank plates in both the kobe iv and kobe v but the shoes still bent in half. Keep up the awesome reviews Duke!!!

Question for Duke, just want to say I enjoy reading your reviews. I especially liked your review on the Zoom flight 95 as its one of my favorite shoes for basketball. I was wondering what your impressions are about the Adidas supernatural creator, kobe iv, and Kobe V in terms of the torsional rigidity? For me they were easy to bend in half and that's the reason why I didn't purchase them. I know there is a torsion system in the creator and shank plates in both the kobe iv and kobe v but the shoes still bent in half. Keep up the awesome reviews Duke!!!

never wear them wrote:
_____

I am glad to be in my world where we respect people, especially women, then not refering to them as "broads", nor condoning violence AGAINST WOMEN, just to remain in favor of some athlete.
Your tone suggests latent homosexual desires, something that you may be afraid to deal with.This is exposed in your hatred for women, then obsession with Kobe Bryant. I am glad to live in my world, then not yours. It must be one miserable place.
_____

never wear them wrote:
_____

Yet you, a misogynistic Kobe fan, still responded.
_____

never wear them wrote:

_____

Not trying to. Yet I have a right to voice my opinion, just as you are able to voice your own twisted imagery.
_____

never wear them wrote:
_____

Glad that you can at least admit that you are a follower.
_____

never wear them wrote:
Bottom line... It's about looks homie.
_____

I am not your "homie". You'd never last one second where I am from. I saw your pics, you'd be paying protection money.
_____

never wear them wrote:
And that's what nikes about, then tech
_____

Looks, 'eh? What is your position with nike? What do you do for them? How exactly are you qualified to speak on their behalf?
_____

never wear them wrote:
... (kobes are about tech, then looks)
_____

Again, and you know this how? How did Nike go about reversing their purpose in designing shoes, going from looks to "tech", then from tech to "looks"?
_____

never wear them wrote:
_____

Dove just had a very successful ad campaign featuring full figured women of all races and ages. Many including myself, found it refreshing. However, with someone like you calling women "broads", I am certain that your experience with women is limited to internet porn.
_____

never wear them wrote:
_____

Again, you know this how? Do you work for Nike.......or Adidas?
_____

never wear them wrote:

_____

I have a suggestion for you! Go and find yourself a shrink, then deal with your hatred of women, obsession with nike shoes, and Kobe Bryant. You are a magnificent display of anti social behaviour, one very bizarre and sentitious pastiche.

I am sure that both Kobe AND Nike are very proud to have you as a fan.  

never wear them wrote:
_____

I am glad to be in my world where we respect people, especially women, then not refering to them as "broads", nor condoning violence AGAINST WOMEN, just to remain in favor of some athlete.
Your tone suggests latent homosexual desires, something that you may be afraid to deal with.This is exposed in your hatred for women, then obsession with Kobe Bryant. I am glad to live in my world, then not yours. It must be one miserable place.
_____

never wear them wrote:
_____

Yet you, a misogynistic Kobe fan, still responded.
_____

never wear them wrote:

_____

Not trying to. Yet I have a right to voice my opinion, just as you are able to voice your own twisted imagery.
_____

never wear them wrote:
_____

Glad that you can at least admit that you are a follower.
_____

never wear them wrote:
Bottom line... It's about looks homie.
_____

I am not your "homie". You'd never last one second where I am from. I saw your pics, you'd be paying protection money.
_____

never wear them wrote:
And that's what nikes about, then tech
_____

Looks, 'eh? What is your position with nike? What do you do for them? How exactly are you qualified to speak on their behalf?
_____

never wear them wrote:
... (kobes are about tech, then looks)
_____

Again, and you know this how? How did Nike go about reversing their purpose in designing shoes, going from looks to "tech", then from tech to "looks"?
_____

never wear them wrote:
_____

Dove just had a very successful ad campaign featuring full figured women of all races and ages. Many including myself, found it refreshing. However, with someone like you calling women "broads", I am certain that your experience with women is limited to internet porn.
_____

never wear them wrote:
_____

Again, you know this how? Do you work for Nike.......or Adidas?
_____

never wear them wrote:

_____

I have a suggestion for you! Go and find yourself a shrink, then deal with your hatred of women, obsession with nike shoes, and Kobe Bryant. You are a magnificent display of anti social behaviour, one very bizarre and sentitious pastiche.

I am sure that both Kobe AND Nike are very proud to have you as a fan.  

Originally Posted by ChicagoBulls1000

The torsion plate in the Supercreators to me is the best of the three mentioned. Yes the shoe bends, but the podular system is meant to flex WITH the foot, not unnaturally like the Hyperizes or the old Reebok Iverson Playoffs in the above mentioned Prof. K review. The adidas Torsion palte in the Supers covers only the midfoot/arch and so far has been great. To me, this is the all-time adidas shoe, no hype. The Kobe IV's I love. I have had my Carpe Diems since day 1 of release, and still lay in them (yesterday, in fact). I have not noticed any pain at all from them; however, I did replace the insoles to cover up the dead Lunar. I liked the IV's better than the V's (I know, bash away). To me, there is a point of diminishing returns on weight/structure, and the V's just never felt right on my feet for playing. I like the little bit higher cut of the IV's. That said, if I was buying one for the long haul, I would go with the Supers. They really work with your feet and bend and flex like you are not wearing a shoe. Hope I helped. If not, I will try again.

Originally Posted by ChicagoBulls1000

The torsion plate in the Supercreators to me is the best of the three mentioned. Yes the shoe bends, but the podular system is meant to flex WITH the foot, not unnaturally like the Hyperizes or the old Reebok Iverson Playoffs in the above mentioned Prof. K review. The adidas Torsion palte in the Supers covers only the midfoot/arch and so far has been great. To me, this is the all-time adidas shoe, no hype. The Kobe IV's I love. I have had my Carpe Diems since day 1 of release, and still lay in them (yesterday, in fact). I have not noticed any pain at all from them; however, I did replace the insoles to cover up the dead Lunar. I liked the IV's better than the V's (I know, bash away). To me, there is a point of diminishing returns on weight/structure, and the V's just never felt right on my feet for playing. I like the little bit higher cut of the IV's. That said, if I was buying one for the long haul, I would go with the Supers. They really work with your feet and bend and flex like you are not wearing a shoe. Hope I helped. If not, I will try again.

Back
Top Bottom