Latinos that DONT KNOW SPANISH (so annoying)

this asian guy has been at my job for almost ten years...i still can't understand him...

its to the point no one says anything to him cuz he starts rambling and you have no idea what he's talking about...and he mumbles and assumes i know whathe's saying...

ROTFLMAO at the fact you put "MINES"

anyway.. youre in America and so are the hommies, so speaking ENGLISH is the BEST.. trust

wow, you are ignorant in the true sense of the word. it's small minded individuals such as you that encourage negative sterotypes of all latinos /hispanics or whatever label YOU prefer.

nt'ers, please don't think all latinos think in this manner. op, i actually feel sorry for you because this type of thinking is bound to hold you backin life.

yo quiero taco bell. happy now?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

bottomline is hispanics got a one up advantage...2 languages are better then one so if your smart you learn to use it to your advantage.
speaking of that, going to hs in nyc ftl

having lil spanish kids take spanish class and breeze through thinking they smart b/c they can speak their language
eyes.gif

then go to english and fail
laugh.gif
so ninjahood what did you get on thespanish tests? 100s? what did you get on the english ones?

When ever discussion of immigration arise, those in favor of a liberal policy appeal to history and point out that this country was built by immigrants. Thatis correct, it is ironic how ever, because many of those who appeal to history in that istance, the hispanophiles (this is not meant as apejorative, mere onewho loves the spanish language) ignore history, particularly what became immigrants of past ceturies. They learned English or more accurately, their child andgran child learned English and forgot the language of the old country.

I love being bilingual (technically multi ligual because I learned German and French in school) but I am going to make no extraordinary effort to have themlearn Spanish. The only way to succesfully keep your language and culture, in purpatuity, is to go back to the homeland. Short of that you can isolate yourselflike the Chasidim and Amish do but even they seen English gradually replace Yiddish and German, respectively. Otherwise, English will take over and will takeover by the 3rd or 4th generation at the latest.

Do not feel too bad, once the language is lost there is sometimes an impassioned effort to regain it. On the non Latino side of my family, it is mostly Englishand German and most none of my living relatives knew any German but I studied it in HS and aced the German AP exam and was a hero amongst the older people inmy family, who were the first and second generation to have lost the German of their ancestors. So, Spanish my disappear for a generation or two and then couldcome roaring back amongst our descendants who will be born after we are all dead.

One more thing and this is a serious question. If speaking Spanish is so important, why not go back to your own country or if your parents are like my Dad andleft for political reason, return to another Latin American nation? I know the overwhelming response for why people come here is because they can make moremoney here but if speaking Spanish is so important, if not speaking it is truly an abomination and a form of castration, why not return to Latin America?

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

ericescobar wrote:
What the guys is trying to say is that it's shameful when Latinos deny their culture and purposely refuse to speak Spanish. I agree.

As do I. I don't care if you're latino/hispanic and you don't speak spanish, but if you frontin' and actin like you white thenthat's annoying.

What's "actin' like you white?"

How do "Latinos" act? How are they supposed to act?

Race is not the same thing as ethnicity for your information. People with the above mentality have a confused way of looking at things.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

bottomline is hispanics got a one up advantage...2 languages are better then one so if your smart you learn to use it to your advantage.
speaking of that, going to hs in nyc ftl

having lil spanish kids take spanish class and breeze through thinking they smart b/c they can speak their language
eyes.gif

then go to english and fail
laugh.gif
so ninjahood what did you get on the spanish tests? 100s? what did you get on the english ones?

Well. In their defense, English is a much more complicated language to learn than Spanish. I know non-lantinos that did well in Spanish and horrible inEnglish. And to they dude above who said he wouldn't make an effort to teach his kid Spanish, why? What's so wrong about learning another language withliving in the appropriate country? Why wouldnt you want to give your kid that type of jumpstart in life? I know plenty of people killing themselves to learnSpanish (me included) just to better ourselves that much more, and I'm not planning on moving to a Spanish speaking country so how could they not benefitfrom it

Latino men that don't speak spanish is a huge turnoff for me....I learned spanish before english and I am glad it worked out that way

That @@+% is annoying...I went to Bestbuy last Saturday to get a stereo for my uncles truck, so I chose the one I wanted I saw this guy with black hair anddark skined that worked there and I asked him in spanish Hey excuse me sir can I get this stereo and he just said "I'm sorry sir I don't speakspanish" So I looked at his name tag and his name was Jorge...That @@+% has happened numerous times in diff. places.

Originally Posted by northshore86

Latino men that don't speak spanish is a huge turnoff for me....I learned spanish before english and I am glad it worked out that way
u r shallow. so you'd rather get treated like dirt by a latino that speaks spanish rather than get treated with respect by a latino whodoesn't? sounds like you and the op would be a great match.

Originally Posted by asilva23

u r shallow. so you'd rather get treated like dirt by a latino that speaks spanish rather than get treated with respect by a latino who doesn't? sounds like you and the op would be a great match.
Overboard.jpg

Calma la nalga...

u r shallow. so you'd rather get treated like dirt by a latino that speaks spanish rather than get treated with respect by a latino who doesn't? sounds like you and the op would be a great match.

how did you get all of that out of its a turnoff when Latino men don't speak spanish...you sound real dumb...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

how did you get all of that out of its a turnoff when Latino men don't speak spanish
laugh.gif
same I was thinking. Seems like he's heard the line before and he's unleashing the anger finally
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J23Diego

That @@+% is annoying...I went to Bestbuy last Saturday to get a stereo for my uncles truck, so I chose the one I wanted I saw this guy with black hair and dark skined that worked there and I asked him in spanish Hey excuse me sir can I get this stereo and he just said "I'm sorry sir I don't speak spanish" So I looked at his name tag and his name was Jorge...That @@+% has happened numerous times in diff. places.
You lost for assuming.
What's "actin' like you white?"

How do "Latinos" act? How are they supposed to act?

Race is not the same thing as ethnicity for your information. People with the above mentality have a confused way of looking at things.
Agreed. This mentality plagues the black community as well. White latinos are that, white. Black latinos are that, black. There is no such thingas acting like a race. Completely ignoring your culture is one thing but acting white? Where they do that at?

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

When ever discussion of immigration arise, those in favor of a liberal policy appeal to history and point out that this country was built by immigrants. That is correct, it is ironic how ever, because many of those who appeal to history in that istance, the hispanophiles (this is not meant as apejorative, mere one who loves the spanish language) ignore history, particularly what became immigrants of past ceturies. They learned English or more accurately, their child and gran child learned English and forgot the language of the old country.

I love being bilingual (technically multi ligual because I learned German and French in school) but I am going to make no extraordinary effort to have them learn Spanish. The only way to succesfully keep your language and culture, in purpatuity, is to go back to the homeland. Short of that you can isolate yourself like the Chasidim and Amish do but even they seen English gradually replace Yiddish and German, respectively. Otherwise, English will take over and will take over by the 3rd or 4th generation at the latest.

Do not feel too bad, once the language is lost there is sometimes an impassioned effort to regain it. On the non Latino side of my family, it is mostly English and German and most none of my living relatives knew any German but I studied it in HS and aced the German AP exam and was a hero amongst the older people in my family, who were the first and second generation to have lost the German of their ancestors. So, Spanish my disappear for a generation or two and then could come roaring back amongst our descendants who will be born after we are all dead.

One more thing and this is a serious question. If speaking Spanish is so important, why not go back to your own country or if your parents are like my Dad and left for political reason, return to another Latin American nation? I know the overwhelming response for why people come here is because they can make more money here but if speaking Spanish is so important, if not speaking it is truly an abomination and a form of castration, why not return to Latin America?

my sentiments exactly. and to those saying that they have an advantage learning spanish first, I know of many hispanics that carry an accent into theirenglish, which puts them at a disadvantage in this country. No one cares about being articulate in Spanish in serious jobs. You better be good at English toget any executive jobs however. It seems like refusal to adapt an American identity has harmed the latinos in this country, keeping them in the lower class.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

how did you get all of that out of its a turnoff when Latino men don't speak spanish
laugh.gif
same I was thinking. Seems like he's heard the line before and he's unleashing the anger finally
laugh.gif

i swear half of NT only thinks in extreame...it has to white or black...there's never a gray
laugh.gif

he'd def. heard that before and watched his dream girl get played buy some dude who spoke spanish and pulled all the ladies

It makes getting a job here in Cali 1000 times easier.. Fluido en dos idiomas FTW!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom