LeBron 21

Never mind boys lol

IMG_1961.jpeg

Cushion set up is exactly the same… and the difference in fit is minimal for me. Nicer laces and slightly higher cut… these are nice but they don’t really stand out, if I’m going to consider retail I will wait for a standout colorway.

how do the toes feel? any more space compared to the 20's? really my only gripe on the 20

Maybe Lebron will wear some PE’s that’ll make these look decent, but man these are the worst looking Lebron’s in a while imo. I still think these were Kyries that they switched to Lebron’s. They just look so out of character for his line

how do the toes feel? any more space compared to the 20's? really my only gripe on the 20
Honestly I didn’t really pay much attention to the toe box area… nothing stood out to me as far as being cramped and uncomfortable, but I didn’t have any issues with the fit of the 20’s either.

I mean if I didn’t look down and see 21’s on my feet I couldn’t really tell the between the two…but this was also just a quick try on, would need to own a pair before making a final judgement.

Honestly I didn’t really pay much attention to the toe box area… nothing stood out to me as far as being cramped and uncomfortable, but I didn’t have any issues with the fit of the 20’s either.

I mean if I didn’t look down and see 21’s on my feet I couldn’t really tell the between the two…but this was also just a quick try on, would need to own a pair before making a final judgement.
I like the feel of the non-knit upper. To me, my foot just feels more secure and locked down in the 21 when compared to the 20. Other than that, they feel very similar so far, we’ll see what they are like in-game

I like the feel of the non-knit upper. To me, my foot just feels more secure and locked down in the 21 when compared to the 20. Other than that, they feel very similar so far, we’ll see what they are like in-game

I think that's what the design goal was. Take an already successful model in the 20 and modify it to be better vs the brand new from the ground up approach.

Especially with Bron's history of foot injuries the past few seasons lockdown had to be top priority.

I had to go up to a size 13.5 for a roomier feel in the 20s. Nike just canceled my order for a size 13.5! Ugh. I placed another order for a size 13, hopefully size 13 works. If not I’ll be sending them back!

Have zero clue about heel slippage in the 20. Had zero issues with all my pairs.

haven't noticed it too much on my pairs but I lace up pretty snug
foot/heel shape prob play a big role in this feeling
I don't have that much heel slip in the penny 1 and everyone complains about it with that model

In as Bill Belichickian, that I can honestly be, I am on to the 21's. Tried these on yesterday, at the shoe store, Bron 20 on one foot, Bron 21 on the other. Stock inserts in both and custom orthotics in both. The heel slip was still in the 20's both ways and there was none in the 21's. The 21's felt more plush in the forefoot which was a problem to me in the 20's where they just felt dead in the forefoot. More cushioning and seemed to be more containment. Also, much like Bron in his pairs, didn't look like my foot was going to explode out of the shoe on the sides.

No idea what’s up with the colorways on this model as well. Will be waiting for a colorway that does not have clear translucent that is going to be terrible traction and yellow in a few wears (even though, I know it is function over fashion). As I wait for the Jordan 38, to get its mess together as well. Jordan 36 and G.T. Jump 2 still holding me down otherwise. This could is a multiple purchase shoe at discount and the right colorway. Probaly be early next year before discounts if things stay true to the 20's in this post pandemic world.

Was waiting for the Trinity's on NDC to pop back up on discount, but that is in the wind now.

Last edited:
In as Bill Belichickian, that I can honestly be, I am on to the 21's. Tried these on yesterday, at the shoe store, Bron 20 on one foot, Bron 21 on the other. Stock inserts in both and custom orthotics in both. The heel slip was still in the 20's both ways and there was none in the 21's. The 21's felt more plush in the forefoot which was a problem to me in the 20's where they just felt dead in the forefoot. More cushioning and seemed to be more containment. Also, much like Bron in his pairs, didn't look like my foot was going to explode out of the shoe on the sides.

No idea was up with the colorways on this model as well. Will be waiting for a colorway that does not have clear translucent that is going to be terrible traction and yellow in a few wears (even though, I know it is function over fashion). As I wait for the Jordan 38, to get it's mess together as well. Jordan 36 and G.T. Jump 2 still holding me down otherwise. This could is a multiple purchase shoe at discount and the right colorway. Probaly be early next year before discounts if things stay true to the 20's in this post pandemic world.

Was waiting for the Trinity's on NDC to pop back up on discount, but that is in the wind now.
Also, meant to include this in my post above - I LOVE the 38s but I can’t justify paying that price for a product that deteriorates so quickly. They are going back and the 21s gonna be my primary hoop shoe for a minute to see whether these are worth the price or not. Damn shame, too, because the 38s were literally perfect for me…

P.S.

On foot:
IMG_7435.jpeg

That was my approach for the Time Machines and the Future Airs…

…and I’m still kicking myself.

IMG_7065.gif

Ghosts and Future Airs for me :smh: Would've thought I learned after the first time too.. even the Pre-Heat 16s sold out which were meh to me despite liking the model. These seem to be sitting which is a good thing but I got my 12 secured just in case.

One of the better launch color ways IMO. Abalone Pearl pair to me is by far the worst of the bunch shown, alongside the Theatre and GS Multi pair.

Back
Top Bottom