LeBron 21

Wasn't the Melon Tint shoe he won in a Asia exclusive or something or a womens only colorway? At the very least it was barely even sold as the shoe the player literally won a damn championship in. Not to mention that the 18 LeBron wore had a modified air bag.

It has been years since Nike and the athlete have given the consumer anything that we actually want. I'm not sure who they are consumer testing but most signature lines aren't available on NBY and the players all get PE's none of which ever see retail.

Nike Basketball hasn't been the same for a while and its truly a shame. The lack of creativity and storytelling has sucked significantly for the last 10+ years.
Wasn't women's only. I think you're referring to the 'sisterhood' terminology which I believe is reference to the crate style traction pattern. Not sure why it's called that but I digress. If I'm wrong on this feel free to correct me that's just how I remember it.

Haven’t seen too many on feet pics of this colorway so here yall go…
IMG_0033.jpeg

They actually haven’t creased as bad as I thought they would.
I was forced to walk outdoors for about a quarter mile in mine the other day and I wasn't happy about it but they have absolutely zero creasing. I was impressed

I'm not going as far as to say I don't like ANY of the colorways. I feel like this sentiment is hyperbole. I like my dragon pearls, and i'm a fan of the Tahitian and Abalone. I would agree though that overall thus far they've been underwhelming. The initial Freshwater and Akoya were particularly underwhelming for me. I like the Conch to an extent but they missed with the blocking. If they would just run some classic color schemes and not try to make every shoe it's own Disney princess then they could get back to business. When they ran those "Carnival" 19's I knew the world was ending

The leather upper is what does it for me, which is why I copped the Akoyas. I like other colorways but they're basically glorified KD 6s with a popping plastic upper

Saw these at Foot Locker tonight. Leather is SUPER coated and plasticky. When they hit that $110 mark I’m in.
IMG_3230.jpeg
IMG_3231.jpeg
IMG_3233.jpeg
IMG_3232.jpeg
IMG_3234.jpeg
Are these the same as the NXXT?

I see some sites calling these an updated AMPD version, same with the other CW releasing the same day.

Wasn’t sure if it was just a name or an update.

Shoe palace melrose ave Los Angeles California

Making calls to know if they have them locally at that price and/or if they price match.

-edit-
Is it just me or do these stores not pick up the phone?! I guess the instore music is too loud?! :emoji_laughing: :stoneface:

Last edited:
I took advantage of the 24% off on Nike and settled for the Akoyas at $135. They’re the only colorway so far that I could see myself wearing. I like the violet but I can't bring myself to rock blatant Laker colorways.

The shoe feels good and snug (TTS 11) and they’re “clean” but it kind of feels like the same shoe and they just aren’t as fun as the Time Machine 21s. Every college PE is way more interesting and dynamic to look at compared to the GRs. It’s a shame.

DSC_2486.png

DSC_2459.jpg

DSC_2479.png

DSC_2488.png

DSC_2477.jpg
DSC_2474.jpg

DSC_2504.png
DSC_2526.png

IMG_4759.jpeg
IMG_4761.jpeg

Last edited:
But you could also say the college colorways are very team-based/TB type colorways though lol

I used the 10% off on Nike and settled for the Akoyas at $135. They’re the only colorway so far that I could see myself wearing. I like the violet but I can't bring myself to rock blatant Laker colorways.

The shoe feels good and snug (TTS 11) and they’re “clean” but it kind of feels like the same shoe and they just aren’t as fun as the Time Machine 21s. Every college PE is way more interesting and dynamic to look at compared to the GRs. It’s a shame.

DSC_2486.png

DSC_2459.jpg

DSC_2479.png

DSC_2488.png

DSC_2477.jpg
DSC_2474.jpg

DSC_2504.png
DSC_2526.png
Maybe it's my age, but that Akoya is just so much cleaner and sophisticated

Back
Top Bottom