LeBron 9 Kentucky - Legit Check

what's up everybody.

I got these fairly USED pair of Lebron 9 Kentuckys on eBay and when I got them they seemed a little off. They didn't come with the OG box, which is understandable, but I noticed a few differences from this pair compared to other pairs I've seen on youtube / google:

1) The blue on these shoes seemed dull compared to the royal blue on pairs I've seen online, which are more shiny. Maybe it got dull due to wear, not sure.

2) The carbon fiber on the bottom of the shoe is straight black, as opposed to pairs I've seen online which have a black/blue carbon fiber pattern.

3) The inside ankle cushions on the shoe were black, as opposed to royal blue on other pairs I've seen.

There might be some other stuff I might've missed, but here are some pictures of the actual shoe:

I haven't owned any LB9's before, so any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
yah i mean your cameras weird, but im pretty sure those are fake. like you said, the blues a little funny. one of the bigger tells is the pull tab on the back of the shoe. they shouldn't stick straight back, they should go up. also they just look off to me in general. how much did you pay for em?

yah i mean your cameras weird, but im pretty sure those are fake. like you said, the blues a little funny. one of the bigger tells is the pull tab on the back of the shoe. they shouldn't stick straight back, they should go up. also they just look off to me in general. how much did you pay for em?
sorry about the camera, it was the best I could do at the time. I got them for about $80, I've been looking for the Kentucky colorway for LBJ 9's for a while and this was the first I saw of my size so I got a little thirsty lol.

thanks for your input though. any other's input would greatly appreciated also.

The color of the Kentucky's that you have looks brighter than the actual color.  I don't know if it's due to the camera, but it definitely looks brighter than it should.

And like the guy above mentioned, it's weird that the pull tabs arch backwards, when they are supposed to stand straight up.  

How do they feel when you try them on?  Can you feel the zoom air unit in the front?  Also, can you take a picture of the carbon fiber?

Even though the evidence points to a fake, we do not know for sure yet.  My friend got his Kentucky's for $100 last year and that was his balling shoe for the semester.  They looked really nice in person.  

Last edited:
Thanks Gauss. I found the same exact shoe in this video:

Turns out these are replicas from China. The only flaws were the ones I listed above, making it a high quality replica. It's funny because in the video, the girl asks the viewers if the blue is a little off so she could fix it. If the blue was darker I probably would've gotten completely fooled..

About to contact the seller and if he doesn't give me a refund I'm gonna file a claim.

Last edited:
Thanks Gauss. I found the same exact shoe in this video:

Turns out these are replicas from China. The only flaws were the ones I listed above, making it a high quality replica. It's funny because in the video, the girl asks the viewers if the blue is a little off so she could fix it. If the blue was darker I probably would've gotten completely fooled..

About to contact the seller and if he doesn't give me a refund I'm gonna file a claim.
Damn man, those are one of the better LeBron 9 replicas I have seen.  They did a good job on those.  Keep us updated on your situation.  I know that if the seller said that these were authentic you will definitely get your money back.  But hopefully he refunds you the money.  

Damn man, those are one of the better LeBron 9 replicas I have seen.  They did a good job on those.  Keep us updated on your situation.  I know that if the seller said that these were authentic you will definitely get your money back.  But hopefully he refunds you the money.  
Definitely one of the better replicas out there. I guess it helps making a better replica when you're getting help from youtube haha.

The seller actually didn't say they are fake or not, just posted some bad pictures and a very vague item description. I've been looking for my size on these kicks for a while so I just gave him the benefit of the doubt. Ebay covers buyers who purchase counterfeit items so I should be good.

Been in contact with the guy today and hopefully we can reach an agreement for a full refund. Will keep y'all updated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom