Lebron already won in his mind.

^
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

^
laugh.gif

Dude, the times I've teased u regarding ur loayalty to CLE and ur hate for Bron...I just realized ur SN and that ur a buy/sell mod.

LMAO... you sir a good people despite your hate for Bron.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by John Mayer

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

looks at SN, oh we off material goods now????

indifferent.gif
 SN is a Lil B reference

Please go -----------------------> that way 

$!$+ boy.
then you must have quite a discerning taste for identifying winners.

Hmmm now should i or shouldn't i hit the report button for you partially edited flame/attack. since i do recall using those characters still infer cursing.

or should i let you cook?
grin.gif

I think you should. $%$% boy.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

If the benchmark is Jordan...

Then Lebron ain't surpassing +*@% unless he goes on an unprecented stretch of dominance within the next 10 years w/ no major injuries.

FWIW, he turns 28 at the end of the year. He's close to peaking.

That may not be a bad thing. He's about to win this year's MVP and his team is the favorite to win it all. Not sure what you expect from him.

Lebron has been favorited to "win it all" for about the past 4 years now. His last two in Cleveland, last year...and this year. Not sure what point you're making.

All I'm saying is that right now...odds are against him in being crowned as the goat one day if we're using MJ as the benchmark.

Ya'll can cry about unfair expectations all you want but it's pro sports. Deal w/ it. Nobody randomly picked Lebron and said "You're next". He's arguably the greatest "talent" the game has ever seen...so why wouldn't that kind of burden be placed upon his shoulders?

Ya'll acting like this is something new and people are "picking" on Lebron.

In all sports there have been PHENOMENAL talents who despite amazing feats and accomplishments have been criticized. Quit with the whole "oh they just hatin on Bron Bron" routine. @!!!'s getting old now.
You're right...but who has been criticized as much as LeBron? 
I don't think anyone in this thread has said or believes LeBron is the GOAT. Do many fans think he's one of the best talents ever? Of course, you even said so yourself. But to discount him just because he doesn't have a ring yet...you don't think that's foolish? 

It seems like people hate on LeBron for 2 distinct reasons: his public persona + his lack of rings. My favorite player of all time, Kobe, has caught a sexual assault case, asked teammates to get traded, feuded with one of the most dominant players in NBA history, supposedly ran Phil out of LA, disrespected Malone at his 1st All Star Game, and is known as one of the most prolific trash talkers. His idol, MJ, is an even bigger *%*%#!!%$ on and off the court.

Regarding rings:he's on his way to ending up at the top of nearly every major statistical category (Career, Playoff, All Star) and odds are, he'll have at least 1 ring. 

Why not knock CP3, Durant, Melo, etc. for not even sniffing the Finals (all played with much better talent than LeBron's Cavs days)

Why not knock Rondo, Pierce, etc for only winning 1 ring on a team with 4 HOFers?

As long as people can admit they put extra hate on LeBron cause the expectations are higher for a consensus all-time talent, then I can see it. But when it's extra hate + knocking his talents, I don't get it.

For the record...I do think rings are overrated. I hate when people bring up Peyton's 1 ring when discussing Peyton vs Brady and when people try to simplify the MJ > Kobe argument with 6 > 5.... But we all know if Kobe ends up with 7 , MJ fans will just find another reason to discount it.

DIOR PAINT:
John Mayer:
DIOR PAINT:

$!$+ boy.

Hmmm now should i or shouldn't i hit the report button for you partially edited flame/attack. since i do recall using those characters still infer cursing.

grin.gif

DIOR PAINT: Yes, that's a personal attack. I would just give you a warning, but John Mayer just did.

*suspended*

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

^
laugh.gif

Dude, the times I've teased u regarding ur loayalty to CLE and ur hate for Bron...I just realized ur SN and that ur a buy/sell mod.

LMAO... you sir a good people despite your hate for Bron.
smokin.gif

Thanks man lol.

I'm really a nice guy
pimp.gif

I got nothing against DIOR PAINT, but in every post where someone disagrees with him.. he immediately brings out the personal attacks.
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
 SN is a Lil B reference

$!$+ boy.
then you must have quite a discerning taste for identifying winners.

grin.gif

laugh.gif

honestly after reading what happened to elcerrito91 and iBlink's thread in general I'm down flaming.

I know my past banz and suspensions were due to personal attacks in the sports or general forum.

Ima just let my NT fam cook no mattwe how much hate I have for certain teams.

Then Lebron ain't surpassing +*@% unless he goes on an unprecented stretch of dominance within the next 10 years w/ no major injuries.

Word to Jordan being 28 when he won his first title 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Word to Jordan being 28 when he won his first title 
happy.gif
Ska, can you un-ban him so he can read this?
laugh.gif

Not that I'm saying any type of window has closed on LeBron... I think he'll win 3-4 championships, but 28 is a different 28 when you've been in the NBA almost 10 years while Jordan had only been in it for 7 at that age.

NBA seasons put more mileage on the legs.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

its another debate from a ESPN show.
SAS said something in the means of: Lebron thinks he already won is in his name being everywhere, the money he made, the endorsements and etc.

is that true? is that why every star nowadays wants the BIG market (ala Dwight to BK and etc)? 

also saying that LBJ in his mind doesnt need a championship to be called a winner.

thoughts?

There is no doubt in my mind that LEBRON JAMES is one of the most physically gifted and talented individuals out there.  You could say that he can jump higher than most players as well as bench more reps than KOBE and MJ.  But with that said, the difference in this game isn't only about the physical talent.  It's about the skills/iq needed to win basketball games.  It's about evolving your game on the defensive and offensive end.  MJ has done this and so has KOBE. 

Granted, LBJ is a lot younger, he is still using his strength as the primary weapon.  But in terms of footwork, and post moves and evolving the game to adapt to the changing environments, he hasn't done it yet.  We've seen small steps w/ LBJ and DWIGHT, but not enough to say that they have developed NEW MOVES.  We won't know until we see him age, but he is already starting to bald, so he'll either start working at new moves NOW, or realize that he can no longer just power his way in.

From a financial standpoint, LBJ has it and it is true that he doesn't need all the other stuff.  If I were him, I'd be living it up too!  If he can trully get past that scrutiny of the public, he has won, but he hasn't and both him and dwight are big babies when the media criticizes them.  I bet the reporters treat them like meat holes when they ask them questions.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

His 6 imaginary rings are more than Kobe's 5 real rings.

So yeah, according to the NTer who said that, Lebron has a very valid point.

laugh.gif

You realize he was the most efficient player in the league on post-ups this year? He doesn't need a new repertoire of post moves or improved footwork - he just needs to be in the post more often. Nobody has proven they can guard the cross screen that Miami runs to get him post touches.

His game has evolved plenty (I know it's hard to believe, but he shot better from the mid-range this year than guys like Melo, Kobe & Paul Pierce). And has progressed incredibly well the past handful of seasons as a defender.

The mental aspect is true, It's on him mentally to make sure he utilizes it all - something he's failed to do in the past. But skill needed as a basketball player? No, he is comically skilled on both ends.

lebron is clearly one of the most talented players of all time and imo
his inability to win a championship just proves basketball is a team sport and with every great player from the past the rest of their championship teams are underappreciated.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

You realize he was the most efficient player in the league on post-ups this year? He doesn't need a new repertoire of post moves or improved footwork - he just needs to be in the post more often. Nobody has proven they can guard the cross screen that Miami runs to get him post touches.

His game has evolved plenty (I know it's hard to believe, but he shot better from the mid-range this year than guys like Melo, Kobe & Paul Pierce). And has progressed incredibly well the past handful of seasons as a defender.

The mental aspect is true, It's on him mentally to make sure he utilizes it all - something he's failed to do in the past. But skill needed as a basketball player? No, he is comically skilled on both ends.

Common Sense post #1
Originally Posted by michael0360

lebron is clearly one of the most talented players of all time and imo
his inability to win a championship just proves basketball is a team sport and with every great player from the past the rest of their championship teams are underappreciated.
Common sense post #2

^ Truth be told, though, if when Bron does win one, his status among the greats changes. I think the thing that frustrates his die-hards is the fact that his status will NOT change before that buzzer sounds for his 4th Finals win in a series.Even players w/ great careers who have just ONE championship are in different company than Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Nique, etc.Even just that ONE makes it different, but not beforehand."Yeah, but why does he NEED a championship im order to be among the greats?" BECAUSE ALL OF THE GREATS THAT PEOPLE WANT HIM TO ACCOMPANY ARE CHAMPIONS.
laugh.gif

No matter how many Lebron wins.. people will be able to fall back on "Yeah, well he was afraid and joined Wade's team". At least that's the impression I get from the current attitudes in basketball from fans (stupid fans). I hope sooner than later people will be able to let go of Lebron not winning the way they want him to win.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

No matter how many Lebron wins.. people will be able to fall back on "Yeah, well he was afraid and joined Wade's team". At least that's the impression I get from the current attitudes in basketball from fans (stupid fans). I hope sooner than later people will be able to let go of Lebron not winning the way they want him to win.
Exactly.

There is already a built-in "excuse" for the haters.

If he were to win 1, it'll be...

"Well Kobe has 5, Jordan has 6...."

It'll never end.

^ True... but the paranoia "Even if he did win one, it wouldn't matter because..." still doesn't change the fact that, RIGHT NOW, he's not an NBA champion.

And if he WERE to win one w/ Wade (or another superstar), causing people to say "Well it doesn't matter, because he didn't do it alone," THAT criticism won't change the fact that he's an NBA champion.

Gary Payton: champion. Regardless of the criticism, it cannot be said that he was never on a champion team. "Well, the refs fixed that series." Aaaand... he's still an NBA champion.
laugh.gif
"He was just ring chasing at that point. Doesn't count." Aaaand... he's still an NBA champion.
laugh.gif

So make-believe this: Lebron wins this year. "He needed Wade." Aaaand... he's still an NBA champion.
laugh.gif
"It's only because Durant/Kobe/Parker/CP3/Manimal suffered significant injuries." Aaaand... he's still an NBA champion.
laugh.gif

OK, now snap back to reality: THAT HASN'T HAPPENED YET. People can believe all they want that that's how it would be, but as for right NOW, he's a phenomenal player who hasn't won a championship, and he absolutely does NOT desrve to be in the company of phenomenal players who have.

So simple. It really feels like this discussion is like arguing basic addition in math.
laugh.gif

- "Well maybe sometimes 2 + 2 can be... SIX!"
- "No. It's 4. It will always be 4. If you want to add ANOTHER 2, then THAT will be 6. But right NOW? It's 4."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

LeBron won in life. Dude has $100+ million dollars. His finances can rid all of his basketball sorrows.

If that's his goal... then yeah he won years ago. I really hope that is not his goal though

Me neither.

Back
Top Bottom