Lebron is a cheapskate...

How are you gonna dine for $800 and only give $10 tip?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

[h2]When it comes to tipping, LeBron goes Scrooge McDuck[/h2]Published: May 7, 2008

We are all witnesses. But not everything about the LeBron is worth witnessing. Sure, he has the $400,000 car, Jay-Z in his corner, and Phil Knight wrapped around his diamond pinkie ring. But witness how His Greatness treats the little people, and you may begin to see the virtue of Brendan Haywood's hard fouls.

One of LeBron's favorite places to dine is XO Prime Steaks on West Sixth. Its mix of swank drinks and delicately massaged beef allows the Chosen One to consume calories worthy of his royal digestive system. All of which is swell - except that LeBron is among Cleveland's stingiest tippers.

According to a Punch source, a peer recently quit after tiring of LeBron going Scrooge McDuck on his @!#.

It went down like this: LeBron pulls up in his Mercedes outside XO. People stop and try not to stare, but c'mon, it's LeBron James. He enters the restaurant with a group of friends. On this special occasion, the King decides to dine late. He keeps his group there until around 3:45 a.m. During this time the waiter obsequiously pours drinks and fetches anything else His Greatness needs.

The final bill comes to $800. By the feudal laws of decorum, which stipulate that the affluent should administer a 20 percent gratuity, staffers figured they'd be pocketing an extra $160. But when they fetched the autographed bill after His Heinousness bolted back to Akron, their expectation turned to disbelief, then anger.

LeBron stiffed them with a meager $10 tip. This is what French nobles like to call your requisite Bourgeois !*%@@-Slap. The waiter wouldn't even take it, tired of being @#%% on by guys like LeBron.

Still, at least the self-proclaimed King of Ohio didn't pull a Bernie Kosar - who gets sloshed at the bar and then has to remind the waiters of who he is before he stiffs them.

http://www.clevescene.com/2008-05-07/news/when-it-comes-to-tipping-lebron-goes-scrooge-mcduck

The hate for LeBron continues
laugh.gif

Somehow it's sort of related, my dad works Room Service for a hotel here in San Francisco that the MLB players stay at. He tells me that he really likedDante Bichette and Pedro Martinez because they tip very well (this was a while back when Dante was still in the league
laugh.gif
).

Looks like LeBron will need a new favorite place. They will go "Waiting" on his food next time.
laugh.gif

Seriously...he tipped like 1.25%
smh.gif

i do 10-15%; when i'm with my family, my pops usually tips a bit more than that as long as the service was pretty good.

How are you going to stay till damn near 4, pay 800 dollars for the mean, and not pay at least 20%.
smh.gif
@ Lebron...
I can only imagine the look on the waiter's face...
laugh.gif

I hate people who dont tip...lowest I'll go is 10%

but damn dude can't scrap up more than 10 for tip? even if $700 of the $800 meal was drinks...he should have had at least a 20.

seriously, I would be adding zero behind that 10.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

this is when you key the car.....

my girl waitressed for Clyde Drexler a couple years ago...he gave her a hundred dollar tip for a couple drinks.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

this is when you key the car.....

my girl waitressed for Clyde Drexler a couple years ago...he gave her a hundred dollar tip for a couple drinks.

Clyde the Glide
pimp.gif
. He knows what's up!

Back
Top Bottom