LEBRON JAMES 7 YEAR ROOKIE CONTRACT WITH NIKE.... ALMOST UP?

Originally Posted by arrjae

interesting...
does anyone think he'll 'branch' out, just like jordan?
not w/ that ugly *** logo
sick.gif

anywho, question. its prolly been answered before but i dont know the answer and i might be flamed if i start a new topic
embarassed.gif

so

why was lebrons first sig called the AZG as opposed to the lebron 1? was it just because he hadnt proven himself yet to be worthy of his own name on a shoe?

lebron may leave nike, he is in it for the money if Fila offers him more than nike he will leave

It seems like he's in a somewhat similar situation as KG in 2001. A charismatic, dominant power forward with an average supporting cast and no rings. Iwas really disappointed to see KG leave NIKE because he had elite product and marketing. LBJ's footwear and advertising have seemed second rate to me, soI'm not emotionally invested in his decision. Under Armour would be an interesting marriage - the right athlete at the right time to steal a potentiallysubstantial chunk of market share from NIKE.

hmmm interesting thread... he's gonna stay with nike no doubt but will it turn into his own line? I think LeBron def has the star quality and consistentperformance to maintain his own line. It wouls help if he had a couple of rings to cement himself with the elite. What would his symbol be? The dunkman? TheLion? Maybe just his lbj23? only time will tell

Lebron should just stay put, and continue his line.

But could you imagine Lebron + JB.

OG colored Lebron PE's
pimp.gif

Plus JB's 25th Anniversary in 2010. It would be big things for him and JB, but slim to none possibilities of that happening.

I couldn't believe that Under Armour has that amount of money to pay Lebron.
The've already spent more than 30% of their add-budget for this year, so their possibilities are obviously limited.
But I dont't believe, that Nike will offer him the same amount of money.
Nike has still to pay for Umbro, they will spend from 2011 each year around 42 million euros (50 million $) for France
and they know the first offers 2003 from adidas and Reebok were far below from the Nike offer.

^^
Engoi...

Have you ever heard of Profit Sharing and Budget Line items? Meaning.. Under Armour can place whatever figure it sees fit to invest in GETTING Lebron and theycan also set their Budget for what it would take to KEEP Lebron.

I'd go into more. But I like what I do.

PS. Ad budget has NOTHING to do with Bron Bron Son Son.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

^^
Engoi...

Have you ever heard of Profit Sharing and Budget Line items? Meaning.. Under Armour can place whatever figure it sees fit to invest in GETTING Lebron and they can also set their Budget for what it would take to KEEP Lebron.

Apparently private endorsement deals are different in the USA than here in europe.
You get your money and sometimes incentives.Thats it.
But our best paid athletes are soccer players who get most of their money from salary and only a small percentage of their income
from endorsement deals.Nevertheless I would be surprised if UA would make an acceptable offer for Lebron.
If he will get paid they have to keep in mind that UA has at least in europe nearly no distribution.

maybe all of his sneakers will be carrying the dunkman logo instead of a swoosh in the near future...similar to jordan breaking away from nike and using thejumpman

i think he will go with his own line.....he has his own marketing & research company this will be good for him!

Originally Posted by engoi

^^
Engoi...

Have you ever heard of Profit Sharing and Budget Line items? Meaning.. Under Armour can place whatever figure it sees fit to invest in GETTING Lebron and they can also set their Budget for what it would take to KEEP Lebron.

Apparently private endorsement deals are different in the USA than here in europe.
But our best paid athletes are soccer players who get most of their money from salary and only a small percentage of their income
from endorsement deals.Nevertheless I would be surprised if UA would make an acceptable offer for Lebron.
If he will get paid they have to keep in mind that UA has at least in europe nearly no distribution.
Well you're going to be surprised. They are going to make an acceptable offer. I'm not saying they are going sign Lebron, but seven yearsago they definitely were not in the position they are in now to sign him. When Nike signed Jordan, they were a smaller upstart company that was focused more onrunning shoes etc. Ring a bell? UA doesn't have a basketball shoe.....yet......that anyone has publicly seen.

Trust me, I am NOT an UA dude. In fact, I consider them to have put a curse on Maryland ever since they left Nike. I think their receivers gloves suck. I'mnot a fan of the way the heatgear threads up under neath my bulletproof vest and "other uniform"....shut up rock dont laugh.......So yeah I hope hestays with Nike. But, they are going to go after LeBron.

Originally Posted by HMack007

Originally Posted by engoi

^^
Engoi...

Well you're going to be surprised. They are going to make an acceptable offer. I'm not saying they are going sign Lebron, but seven years ago they definitely were not in the position they are in now to sign him. When Nike signed Jordan, they were a smaller upstart company that was focused more on running shoes etc. Ring a bell? UA doesn't have a basketball shoe.....yet......that anyone has publicly seen.

Trust me, I am NOT an UA dude. In fact, I consider them to have put a curse on Maryland ever since they left Nike. I think their receivers gloves suck. I'm not a fan of the way the heatgear threads up under neath my bulletproof vest and "other uniform"....shut up rock dont laugh.......So yeah I hope he stays with Nike. But, they are going to go after LeBron.

Brandon Jennings...

Can any of you imagine coming to NT and entering the " Other Brands" forum to view LeBron posts??? Personally, I'd like LeBron to go the Starburyroute. Right now he has one of the better sig lines as well as one of the most expensive sig lines.

LeBron has the chance to be the hottest player in the league with one of the most affordable shoes. Although, I don't blame him for wanting a top of theline sneaker. The thought of Bron establishing his own line as affordable with good designs, would be refreshing to this me first day in age.

However, LeBron wearing shoes with anything but a Swoosh would be weird. I just wish he'll go with who ever gives him the best designs instead of money.

Whatever Lebron does, I hope he doesn't underestimate how the swoosh helps sell his shoes. I will be one of many that will most likely stop collecting hisshoes if he goes to UA, Adidas, Reebok or any other brand. Call it being blinded by the swoosh or whatever you want to call it, but I have little interest inperformance basketball footwear from these other brands.

LeBron would be stupid not to stay with nike imo. How's gonna want some LeBron Adidas/reebok? Lol, their bball shoes are used for that only. They have nooffcourt value at all.

Back
Top Bottom