Lebron James: Art of Passing

Assist in basketball is so overrated. Player A make a nice pass to player B. Player B miss. No assist credited. That's why i don't look at at assist seriously. I
no, it is not better to make a good basketball play than a forced shot.

unless he starts taking "hero" shots, then he will never be considered one of the all time greats...
laugh.gif

Never change, Kobe fans.

Being good doesn't mean you shouldn't play smart. Are you really saying that Lebron forcing up a shot under pressure is better than feeding it to an open player? If you're being doubled or another player has a better look, it doesn't matter if you're Lebron or MJ, you pass the ball. It's called basketball IQ.

Sorry, at best I see Durant finishing no better than 4th at his position.
LeBron
Bird
Pippen
(Durant: Could be)
Overall top 10, not sure that is possible for him. Just being honest. Don't take that as me not liking him or hating him.
IMO, Kobe is the #2 SG.

Agreed. It's same reason why guys like Dirk, Karl Malone, or John Stockton will never be considered a All-Time Top-10 player.

There are a lot of guys you can throw into the conversation of Top-10 consideration. Jordan, Kareem, Magic Johnson, Big O, Wilt, Shaq, Bill Russell, Kobe, Larry Bird, Tim Duncan, Dream, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, and LeBron is probably the only guy playing today that has the potential to get into that conversation.

This leaves out guys like Wade, Isiah Thomas, Dr J., Karl Malone, John Stockton, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, KG, Scottie Pippen, Jason Kidd, Dominique, etc.

KD will be one of the better players of this generation of players. But LeBron will headline the league until he retires, just like Kobe has.

LeBron is probably widely considered the best SF of all-time, and he's only been in the league 9 years.

Yes, only one ring, only one Finals MVP, but let him finish his career.

With his height and shooting ability, his game will age well. Barring injury, he'll probably pass MJ & be in Malone territory in all time points

Easily. He can play until he's 40, just raining threes and long twos on the back end of his career. It's what Bird should have been able to do, and what Dirk will end up doing.

Do you think Kobe is top 10 all-time or at least could still get there then? Cause I see no reason Durant couldn't be equal to Kobe. I think Durant will end up the all-time leading scorer or at least has a real strong chance to do so, I think there is a very good chance Durant sneaks into top 10 of all-time. 23 and has 3 straight scoring titles, best scorer within the flow of a game we have seen since Michael.

You're leaving out everything that made 2000-2008 Kobe so deadly.

If you think Kobe is just a scorer, then there's your issue with thinking Durant will be an all-time great.

Bird played in the 80s, which means any and everything he did supercedes any and everything done by any player born in 1985 or later.
(Sarcasm)

LMAOOO

And I'm still waiting on DMBRHS to answer what exactly makes Bird a better passer than Lebron.

When did I say Kobe was just a scorer? I just said I think we could see Durant have a finals series where he averages 40 and 10 or something in that range...

Kobe was a great defender and ball handler as well as other things in his prime...but with that said Kobe is a scorer, he'll tell you that himself. I'm not sure we've ever seen someone with Durant's ability to score with such ease. I mean has their ever been another guy who could score 30+ and leave you with the feeling that he should have shot the ball more? Doesn't really come to memory for me. I just think Durant really has a chance to become the all-time leading scorer and I think I would have trouble not putting that guy top 10. I mean he is 23, how can we say his credentials won't be there in the end. I'ma LeBron guy all the way but what if the Thunder come out and win this year? Would LeBron still be the player of this generation? I don't think so.

^ Durant is not a better scorer than a prime Kobe, Iverson, or Mcgrady.
If you look at advanced stats, Durant has a way higher percentage of points that come off assists than these guys ever had.

As long as basketball is a team sport, this doesn't matter. I'll take Durant's 30 on 50% shooting with plenty of 3 pointers over 30 on 43-45%.

Last edited:
but what if the Thunder come out and win this year? Would LeBron still be the player of this generation? I don't think so.

Barring an injury YES LeBron will still be the player of the generation. He will still dominate the game in every single facet offensively & DEFENSIVELY like he has the past 5yrs.

Hell if he wins two more while being finals MVP he seriously jumps into that GOAT conversation.

No "Carmelo is the most pure scorer in the league" posts yet?

I'm disappointed. :smh:

Hell if he wins two more while being finals MVP he seriously jumps into that GOAT conversation.

Wrong.

He's already the GOAT.

I mean he is 23, how can we say his credentials won't be there in the end.

I'm with you here. Saying KD can't reach a certain level is stupid to me.

Last edited:
Trust me Cake I love Bron as well and think he'll end up top 5 without a doubt..But... Durant and Bron will be going head to head for the next 5 years. Durant is still only 23, he can still conceivably match all of Bron's accomplishments quite easily. He will never the all-around force but he could still become the greatest scorer ever, and that is still the most dominant force in basketball. Not saying he will or won't. more so I'm just excited to see both these all-time talents have their careers unfold.

Trust me Cake I love Bron as well and think he'll end up top 5 without a doubt..But... Durant and Bron will be going head to head for the next 5 years. Durant is still only 23, he can still conceivably match all of Bron's accomplishments quite easily. He will never the all-around force but he could still become the greatest scorer ever, and that is still the most dominant force in basketball. Not saying he will or won't. more so I'm just excited to see both these all-time talents have their careers unfold.

Speaking of all around forces...

Magic Johnson probably has the most impressive all around stats career wise ever. I know there are a good number of people who say Magic is arguably the GOAT but am I the only one who doesn't understand why he doesn't get spoken of more often in that regard if Lebron's versatility is what's supposed to eventually make him the greatest when it's all said and done?

Magic Johnson probably has the most impressive all around stats career wise ever. I know there are a good number of people who say Magic is arguably the GOAT but am I the only one who doesn't understand why he doesn't get spoken of more often in that regard if Lebron's versatility is what's supposed to eventually make him the greatest when it's all said and done?

Whoa there fella, don't forget about Oscar Robertson. He averaged 30.8 pts , 12.5 rebounds, & 11.4 assts per game in the 61-62 season. He also shot 47.8% for that season. Only player ever to average a triple double.

Whoa there fella, don't forget about Oscar Robertson. He averaged 30.8 pts , 12.5 rebounds, & 11.4 assts per game in the 61-62 season. He also shot 47.8% for that season. Only player ever to average a triple double.

I respect that no doubt...but honestly when I talk about NBA history I largely favor accolades and accomplishments after the merger. Not to take anything from guys like Wilt, Oscar...but that's just me.

Plus my foray into the sport largely begin at the end of the Bird/Magic era; beginning of MJ's era. All I can do is "read" about **** that happened back in the 60's.

Since Durant passed Rashard Lewis' level, everything else is gravy.

They really tried to play KD on here man :lol: I'm not even going to go through all the ridiculous **** on here people used to say.

Last edited:

Let me ask yall...how much does defense factor into who is/isn't considered the GOAT?

Honestly, I think being a dominant - but still versatile defender goes a long way in the discussion. Just food for thought.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds. Seeing how Lebron's game matures, likewise with KD, how the Lakers will look with Nash & the big cry baby, & especially see how the Knicks roll. Heard Stoudemire got svelte & Melo's been working with Hakeem. LOL, everyone wants to work with Hakeem now. He's turned into the new Pete Newell...

Let me ask yall...how much does defense factor into who is/isn't considered the GOAT?

Honestly, I think being a dominant - but still versatile defender goes a long way in the discussion. Just food for thought.

IMO A LOT which is why I don't see anyone on LBJ's level for the past 5yrs and unless KD develops into a damn good defender or Bron has some type of injury preventing him from playing I don't see it changing in the next 5yrs.

Let me ask this...when did Lebron become the best defender in the NBA?

It seems like just a few years ago we all watched him chase Rafer Alston around while Turk and Shard proceeded to tear apart the Cavs...and then just a couple years later he just magicially morphed into the "best defender in the NBA".

Last 5 years? Really?

I think we've seen Lebron become a better defender within the last 2 years specifically & most especially this season - post season. He's guarded almost everyone from the PG, 2 guard, small forward, power forward, & depending on what the other teams throw out there, the center...His game has come a long long way within the last 2 years. Coming to Miami was I think the start of the evolution of his game to the next level.

When he held the MVP to 6% shooting

Exactly my point....

Almost as bad as when people say Kobe became an "elite" defender after he "shut down" Iverson in 2000.

Ya'll really using a few individual moments to cement someone's reputation overall?

When Ron-ron was in his prime...there were breakdowns that illustrated how literally EVERY one on one matchup he faced...the opposing player's #'s were down across the board compared to their regular averages. I think it was 09 (correct me if I'm wrong) where damn near every top flight wing had a lower scoring average and percentage than their average vs. Ron Ron (except Kobe...but even his % was down...he just took more shots which resulted in more points). That's measurable reasoning to point to and say "that's why Ron Artest is considered an elite defender".

I think we've seen Lebron become a better defender within the last 2 years specifically & most especially this season - post season. He's guarded almost everyone from the PG, 2 guard, small forward, power forward, & depending on what the other teams throw out there, the center...His game has come a long long way within the last 2 years. Coming to Miami was I think the start of the evolution of his game to the next level.

Better? Sure.

But BEST? in the entire NBA?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom