Lebron James, number 6 - starting next year

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

23 being retired throughout the league is the dumbest idea i've ever heard in my life.
indifferent.gif

Yeah it is.

Originally Posted by hosengsisiw

I think before they retire MJ's number, retire Bill Russels number first. C'mon 11 championships out of 13 seasons. 2 of them playing coach. Then if they are not going to retire Russel's, don't retire any number.
I think was most are basing this off us is Mj's impact on the globalization on the game of basketball Sure there were not as many mediaoutlets during Bill's career and he is not to blame for that. My personally think after this whole thing no number will be retired yet but if lebronchanges his number as well as the other players who currently wear 23, that any player who attempts to wear that number after will look like such a u knowwhat.

Originally Posted by TheShoe1010

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by vhate420

Anyone who thinks the Cavs are getting to the finals this year is someone who doesn't watch much basketball.

i watch tons and i def think they have as good a shot as anyone. must b a hater
I tell you what, genuis: This year, if the Cavs beat the Nets for the Eastern Conference championship, then go and meet the Memphis Grizzlies in the NBA Finals, then and only then will I agree that you're right and "anyone has a good shot" at getting to the finals. Keep watching tons of basketball, but if you say some stupid $%* like that it's clear you don't UNDERSTAND basketball.

There are obvious tiers in the team talent/execution level on the NBA level right now. That means that teams like LA are simply better than teams like the Hornets. The Magic are better than the Cavaliers. So is Boston. That's not hate, that's just a fact. The Cavs have never beat the Magic or the full Celtic team in a playoff series. This year both those teams got better. They won't get to the finals this year. Truth be told, the Bulls might give the Cavs problems in the playoffs if they matchup.

Oh, do you still think it's hate? Here's why the Cavs aren't a Finals team this year: West is facing some problems, and he's their second most important offensive player. He's a better passer than Mo, he's a better rebounder, he's harder to match up for other teams and he's a good defender. The Cavs don't have good team defense, they can't solve pick and rolls (Spurs in 06-07 swept them using this over and over, Magic used it last year, Boston will run it this year) or guard outside shooters. Bron and Delonte are the only guys who can play D, Mo is lazy and drifts, Varejao is mostly illegal holds and can't do anything about anyone bigger than him, Gibson, Karl, Moon and Parker can't rotate or stop anyone one on one, Big Z is too old to keep up, he doesn't even rebound as much as he used to, Shaq is way too fat and slow to cover the pick and roll, he fouls a lot more than he used to and he can't defend any C that takes him outside of the paint. Shaq/Bron/Delonte are the only players who aren't soft, the Cavs flop a lot (Varejao especially, but Mo and Z frequently) and that doesn't get called in the playoffs, and it gets them out of rhythym, which they also do when they complain about a no-call when they're on offense, which is a lot. They're easily rattled. They can't play at speed, so teams that run, like the Bulls do, can beat them and get them out of their offense. They don't have a coach (Brown winning CoY because Bron took it to another level is ridiculous, the man is terrible), so they call bad timeouts, manage the clock poorly, and never have good plays coming out of timeouts. They don't actually run an offense, really. They just give it to Bron and clear out. The Cavs have been on a roll recently, but they play better in the regular season than they do in the playoffs, because their flaws get magnified and better teams can pick them apart.

This isn't a bias, because I like Bron and I don't care about the Cavs. This is just an objective opinion. Right now the Lakers are the best team in the West and the Nuggets are probably second, the Magic in the East and the Celtics second. Call it hate, or call it someone who's spent their life following basketball's observation.
laugh.gif
Calm down hater... its still REALLY early in the season to determine ANYTHING solid.

And yes you are a hater because you hate anything associated with the guy.
smh.gif

I honestly think he keeps his symbol... but i dont know about his signature

2751552824_ce818c2857.jpg

laugh.gif
I think it's funny how anyone that says something negative about LeBron or Kobe on this board is automatically a "hater". LeBron is my favorite player that doesn't play for Orlando, and pretty much everything my man said in the post above is correct. As much as you guys might want it to be so, LeBron cannot beat Orlando or Boston in a 7 game series by himself.

AMEN!
smile.gif

LeBron tyring to be like Kobe.

BTW...LeBron is a ***#. How the hell you gonna wear number 23 for like 7 years and NOW all of a sudden you think wearing 23 is wrong and that EVERYONE elseshould follow you too? Man *%!@+!

guys decide to change numbers all the time. look at kobe, amare, garnett, and so on. they all have their reasons.

i agree that its dumb for him to say the league should retire 23, but when you say he thinks everyone else to follow, everyone would have to switch numbers forthe league to retire the number.

Originally Posted by TheShoe1010

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Originally Posted by vhate420

Anyone who thinks the Cavs are getting to the finals this year is someone who doesn't watch much basketball.

i watch tons and i def think they have as good a shot as anyone. must b a hater
I tell you what, genuis: This year, if the Cavs beat the Nets for the Eastern Conference championship, then go and meet the Memphis Grizzlies in the NBA Finals, then and only then will I agree that you're right and "anyone has a good shot" at getting to the finals. Keep watching tons of basketball, but if you say some stupid $%* like that it's clear you don't UNDERSTAND basketball.

There are obvious tiers in the team talent/execution level on the NBA level right now. That means that teams like LA are simply better than teams like the Hornets. The Magic are better than the Cavaliers. So is Boston. That's not hate, that's just a fact. The Cavs have never beat the Magic or the full Celtic team in a playoff series. This year both those teams got better. They won't get to the finals this year. Truth be told, the Bulls might give the Cavs problems in the playoffs if they matchup.

Oh, do you still think it's hate? Here's why the Cavs aren't a Finals team this year: West is facing some problems, and he's their second most important offensive player. He's a better passer than Mo, he's a better rebounder, he's harder to match up for other teams and he's a good defender. The Cavs don't have good team defense, they can't solve pick and rolls (Spurs in 06-07 swept them using this over and over, Magic used it last year, Boston will run it this year) or guard outside shooters. Bron and Delonte are the only guys who can play D, Mo is lazy and drifts, Varejao is mostly illegal holds and can't do anything about anyone bigger than him, Gibson, Karl, Moon and Parker can't rotate or stop anyone one on one, Big Z is too old to keep up, he doesn't even rebound as much as he used to, Shaq is way too fat and slow to cover the pick and roll, he fouls a lot more than he used to and he can't defend any C that takes him outside of the paint. Shaq/Bron/Delonte are the only players who aren't soft, the Cavs flop a lot (Varejao especially, but Mo and Z frequently) and that doesn't get called in the playoffs, and it gets them out of rhythym, which they also do when they complain about a no-call when they're on offense, which is a lot. They're easily rattled. They can't play at speed, so teams that run, like the Bulls do, can beat them and get them out of their offense. They don't have a coach (Brown winning CoY because Bron took it to another level is ridiculous, the man is terrible), so they call bad timeouts, manage the clock poorly, and never have good plays coming out of timeouts. They don't actually run an offense, really. They just give it to Bron and clear out. The Cavs have been on a roll recently, but they play better in the regular season than they do in the playoffs, because their flaws get magnified and better teams can pick them apart.

This isn't a bias, because I like Bron and I don't care about the Cavs. This is just an objective opinion. Right now the Lakers are the best team in the West and the Nuggets are probably second, the Magic in the East and the Celtics second. Call it hate, or call it someone who's spent their life following basketball's observation.
laugh.gif
Calm down hater... its still REALLY early in the season to determine ANYTHING solid.

And yes you are a hater because you hate anything associated with the guy.
smh.gif

I honestly think he keeps his symbol... but i dont know about his signature

2751552824_ce818c2857.jpg

laugh.gif
I think it's funny how anyone that says something negative about LeBron or Kobe on this board is automatically a "hater". LeBron is my favorite player that doesn't play for Orlando, and pretty much everything my man said in the post above is correct. As much as you guys might want it to be so, LeBron cannot beat Orlando or Boston in a 7 game series by himself.
SHEEEEIIIIITTTT..you aint lyin bout that.Bron IS the Cavaliers.And the Eastern Conference aint NO joke either..especially when it comes down tothe Eastern Conference Championship.That dude needs help.

Bron def. gets a cut of every jersey sold with his name on his back just like EVERY player gets a cut from Royalties when their likeness is on any video game.There are a crap load of players who are no longer in the league who forget to send a forwarding address for their royalty checks.

Wish I could claim them.

Some 2nd and 3rd tier players have 200K+ just sitting and waiting on them.

Cept Antwan Jameson.

look jordan DOES NOT DESERVE .... to get his number retired
why you ask ? because i feel that he has not done more than just play basketball and sell shoes
sure is he the greatest player ever ? absolutely ! but think about what he has done outside the game of basketball
nothing ....look at players that do have there number retired jackie robinson , roberto clemente these are people that were not only great at there sport ofchoice , but also great philanthropist
and stood up for what they believed in ...i mean hell where was mike at when kids were gettin killed over his sneakers
where was mike when kids were getting killed in chicago ?
where..... was...... mike ?

Lebron is not going to be allowed to do this. He has to wait for like another year right to change his number?

Sure it's cool to follow Jordans footsteps if he does or whatever... but HOW ABOUT make your OWN footsteps and stop sucking up. :smh: at Lebron. Hedoesn't need a Jersey Number Switch, the "KING" needs a ring.

^^ Sure he can, as long as he puts in for the jersey change.

IF he switches teams he doesn't have to notify the league until he is signed anyway.

Agreed and this is great that LBJ is the first Big star in the NBA to try to get it retired

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Bron def. gets a cut of every jersey sold with his name on his back just like EVERY player gets a cut from Royalties when their likeness is on any video game. There are a crap load of players who are no longer in the league who forget to send a forwarding address for their royalty checks.

Wish I could claim them.

Some 2nd and 3rd tier players have 200K+ just sitting and waiting on them.

Cept Antwan Jameson.

you mean Antoinne Walker?

Watch, now that Jordan said he doesn't want his number to be retired, Lebron isn't going to do it anymore.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Adidas is LOVIN this

fans gotta get new Bron jerseys next year (I dont believe he's leaving hte Cavs)

This is about the only thing Adidas is making money off of Lebron.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Adidas is LOVIN this

fans gotta get new Bron jerseys next year (I dont believe he's leaving hte Cavs)

This is about the only thing Adidas is making money off of Lebron.
roll.gif
What's your problem ?They don't pay him 90 milions like Nike.
Btw his contract with Nike will end in 2010 and who says he will extend the contract with Nike ?

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Watch, now that Jordan said he doesn't want his number to be retired, Lebron isn't going to do it anymore.
sorry outta the loop. But is this confirmed that Jordan is against it? If so I applaud that man. Good move. a move that suggests that while he didmore for the game in every way possible, he doesn't consider himself above the league or the game. There are many more numbers that should go before his iftalks of "retiring" numbers continues.

Back
Top Bottom