Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Nike made caps always look cheap for me, I'm strictly a New Era guy.

Nice, funky hoodie though. Can you clarify if the hoodie is for a specific All-Star shoe or is it something that can go with any of the 3? And did you see any hoodies that go with a specified shoe when you were in the store? Or is that the only one available as far as All-Star gear goes? 

And did they have t-shirts, shorts, and socks too?

It looks like the hoodie is meant to wear with all three all stars. I did not see any oer hoodie or crew neck sweater. Each player will have their own matching tee, similar to how they did with the BHM pack. When I got the hoodie it was still in box not yet displayed. They did have another hat to match with print similar to the print on the hoodie.

My opinion on pre-orders: I think if you're not hip to the game , pre-order is a viable option. But if you are experienced with acquiring hyped up releases such as these, then it should be fairly easy. A few raffles here and there mixed in with the 8am release and you should be good. Last year I was able to cop the KD'S, LEBRONS & BARKLEYS, using this method.

I think also people just have to learn how to pass on a sneaker. If you don't get them, just move on to the next. I'm sure if everyone did that, resellers would slowly go out of business. Last year I did not spend one penny over retail. If I missed a pair I simply moved on to the next.

Last edited:
I think also people just have to learn how to pass on a sneaker. If you don't get them, just move on to the next. I'm sure if everyone did that, resellers would slowly go out of business. Last year I did not spend one penny over retail. If I missed a pair I simply moved on to the next.

Man, it's like people forgot how to do this :lol: I used to think people just used the word "need" frivolously, but I've grown to realize that Nike REALLY has people including these in their necessities right after food, water, and shelter :lol:

Nike = Best drug dealers of all time :pimp:

It looks like the hoodie is meant to wear with all three all stars. I did not see any oer hoodie or crew neck sweater. Each player will have their own matching tee, similar to how they did with the BHM pack. When I got the hoodie it was still in box not yet displayed. They did have another hat to match with print similar to the print on the hoodie.
I tried on the hoodie last night, its not bad. Its also not tied to a specific player, kind of like last years area 72. Its that neoprene scuba suit kinda material though.

My opinion on pre-orders: I think if you're not hip to the game , pre-order is a viable option. But if you are experienced with acquiring hyped up releases such as these, then it should be fairly easy. A few raffles here and there mixed in with the 8am release and you should be good. Last year I was able to cop the KD'S, LEBRONS & BARKLEYS, using this method.

There is truth to what you are saying, but there are also way more factors, it's not quite that simple.  Location is a major factor, time is a major factor, day of the week the release is on, type of job you have, flexibility of schedule, etc. all play a role in being able to acquire big releases.  For a lot of people not around Niketowns, HOHs, or major cities, raffles and RSVP's aren't possible, and FCFS works only if you have a store nearby that gets the release you are after.   

Someone help me on this... Since Nike confirmed these will not be TLO where do you search for them on nike... under new releases or do you type in gumbo collection....SOMEONE PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME THANKS

Well, we might be snowed in in MD anyways.... so online it is :lol:

c'mon bigj, shouldn't be that bad on friday! either way, I hope the snow, school and work keep people from going out for fcfs for these on friday. if not, i will drive back home to cop online.

Someone help me on this... Since Nike confirmed these will not be TLO where do you search for them on nike... under new releases or do you type in gumbo collection....SOMEONE PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME THANKS

i usually find them under new release or if you know the style code you can do it that way also

Well, we might be snowed in in MD anyways.... so online it is :lol:

c'mon bigj, shouldn't be that bad on friday! either way, I hope the snow, school and work keep people from going out for fcfs for these on friday. if not, i will drive back home to cop online.

well, I was supposed to have Friday off but now ill be working since Ill have to make up missed time for tomorrow and stuff.

How many people here in this thread are from New Orleans?

That's wicked ^^^^
Im new Orleans, about to run around today to see what's going on with these allstar releases. hopefully they are plentiful. Pm me if u have any info ur willing to share

well, I was supposed to have Friday off but now ill be working since Ill have to make up missed time for tomorrow and stuff.
I'm glad I don't have class and (no offense to you) I hope that people having to work and having school will deter them from coming out for fcfs. Most places are doing 1 per person (not 1 style), which should mean less people gobbling up stock

I'm glad I don't have class and (no offense to you) I hope that people having to work and having school will deter them from coming out for fcfs. Most places are doing 1 per person (not 1 style), which should mean less people gobbling up stock

no offense taken. I hope you get yours. whenever there is a release during the week, I always chalk it up as a L to the umemployeed anyways. they just run around and get tickets from each store.

no offense taken. I hope you get yours. whenever there is a release during the week, I always chalk it up as a L to the umemployeed anyways. they just run around and get tickets from each store.
True but I have to admit I love these weekday releases.  Less people/kids are free to wait for long periods of time.  It generally brings out less people IMO.  Owe a lot of all star sneakers I own to my works flexability and the unflexibility of other people's jobs lol

thank you sir, i hope you get yours as well! weekday releases are the worst man, for the exact reason you stated. I'm blessed enough to have created a class schedule where I have a 3 day weekend and I'm hoping that it pays off come friday 
pimp.gif
 once again though, hope we can both get our pairs.

True but I have to admit I love these weekday releases.  Less people/kids are free to wait for long periods of time.  It generally brings out less people IMO.  Owe a lot of all star sneakers I own to my works flexability and the unflexibility of other people's jobs lol

again, I agree.
my biggest deterrent isn't my work schedule. its the distance vs camping for a chance at getting the shoe which is something I don't care for right now.

again, I agree.
my biggest deterrent isn't my work schedule. its the distance vs camping for a chance at getting the shoe which is something I don't care for right now.
Could not agree more with that.  Just have little patience for it anymore and driving far for a campout sucks even worse

again, I agree.
Could not agree more with that.  Just have little patience for it anymore and driving far for a campout sucks even worse

my final straw was for the MV IX release.... store told people they would sell at 7 but did so at 8 instead. but when they did, they took their sweet time AND told people they had to either fill out a survey via phone or buy a pair of socks. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT TOOK? completely unethical and it messed up my schedule for that morning.

Im happier with tickets/raffles since I can just stroll in.

my final straw was for the MV IX release.... store told people they would sell at 7 but did so at 8 instead. but when they did, they took their sweet time AND told people they had to either fill out a survey via phone or buy a pair of socks. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT TOOK? completely unethical and it messed up my schedule for that morning.

Im happier with tickets/raffles since I can just stroll in.
The flip side for me of the arguement is camping often get rid of some resellers.  Very few resellers will sit out all night for a chance to sell a shoe even for a $100 profit.  Most are so lazy they won't even go up more than 1-2 hours ahead of time so in my experience most people camping in these lines for more than an hour are ones who actually want the shoe to wear.  Just my experience.   Unfortunately for me I just camped out this past weekend for Tiff's at a skate shop 2 hours away! Dumb, I know.  But I figured it was the only way I would get a pair since they weren't releasing any closer.  I ended up with 2 pairs, and I'm happily keeping them both.  THE END lol

Stopped pass King of Prussia and was told FCFS, then went to DE and stopped pass Concord Mall FTL and was told FCFS, then hit Christiana Mall and hit Champs and FTL who both said they were doing FCFS but they were giving out tickets at 6am then you had to wait til 8am to purchase :x which made absolutely no sense :lol:

Thanks for the reply, those are the same stores I go to so you saved me some time.

Man, resellers camp if you let them. Trust me on that... heck, dudes make videos and talk about how long they've been out there and what they gonna do with the money.
Your right.  I just think sometimes there's LESS of them.  Maybe not, and it's prolly different everywhere.  I just have no luck with raffles, MOST of the time at least.  Even when I get the whole fam up there to sign up for me lol

Man, resellers camp if you let them. Trust me on that... heck, dudes make videos and talk about how long they've been out there and what they gonna do with the money.
THIS!

Have I resold a shoe hell yeah, do I do it for evey release NOPE. I rather get the kicks I like and WEAR them, that's why I prefer the ticket/raffles to the bots and camping methods

This message should be at the top of NT in a banner lol.

There's just toooo many releases coming down the pike, with no end in sight, to be prisoners on the moment to the extent of driving prices through the roof.

Last year, I almost matched you in terms of not spending a penny over retail. My only hick up was $200 shipped for Royal 1s. The way I see it, these items are overpriced as it is at retail. That's enough rear end action for me.

Back
Top Bottom