Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Agreed with your statement, however I think he was saying that the 11's were no where revered as people think when they released. The love for the patent leather they get now was actually the opposite when they dropped.
What? Everyone who could afford them had them. In my hood we all had them. People went crazy for the 11's even back then. The game has changed though so it's even worse these days. People absolutely loved the 11's when they originally released. Everything sat back in the day. Times were different then.

Last edited:
Agreed with your statement, however I think he was saying that the 11's were no where revered as people think when they released. The love for the patent leather they get now was actually the opposite when they dropped.
Correct, you could almost say the patent leather on those J's is as ground breaking as the armorposite on the LeBron's, if you wanted to compare the two.  Not saying I believe that but you could pose the argument.  Anything new on a Nike shoe will get people talking, which in turn is great for the sneaker.

Check this out early release of lebron xi miami heat cw
smokin.gif

Correct, you could almost say the patent leather on those J's is as ground breaking as the armorposite on the LeBron's, if you wanted to compare the two.  Not saying I believe that but you could pose the argument.  Anything new on a Nike shoe will get people talking, which in turn is great for the sneaker.

Pretty sure anyone who suggested that would be considered blasphemous, but I agree. I think a lot of people from the older generation dont realize that Jordan's are more of a fashion staple currently. I think kids coming up now see Lebrons as a fashion statement as well as the physical connection to the iconic character of their generation. Not saying this signature will pass Jordan's in term of legacy, but of all sigs it has the best chance.

I've always wondered why it mattered at all to make these comparisons. Is there something to be proven, something to be won? Two shoes being compared to one another for iconic status is not only idiotic but damn near impossible to accurately measure realistically. What's the point? Will it make you enjoy the shoe any less? Same things can be said for the comparison of the players themselves. Just enjoy the moment now for what it is and be happy for once!

I've always wondered why it mattered at all to make these comparisons. Is there something to be proven, something to be won? Two shoes being compared to one another for iconic status is not only idiotic but damn near impossible to accurately measure realistically. What's the point? Will it make you enjoy the shoe any less? Same things can be said for the comparison of the players themselves. Just enjoy the moment now for what it is and be happy for once!

Comparisons are idiotic i agree with you but to say the legacy behind a shoe has no influence on how you feel about it is ridiculous like the lebron champ pack knowing he wore one of those shoes during the finals make it oh so special

Comparisons are idiotic i agree with you but to say the legacy behind a shoe has no influence on how you feel about it is ridiculous like the lebron champ pack knowing he wore one of those shoes during the finals make it oh so special

So does knowing Lebron lost in the finals for the 2nd time in his career make the 8's that much more special? Do you have the champ pack and look in the mirror and say to yourself with a grin "He won a ring in these!" to make yourself feel special? The only thing a legacy does for a shoe in today's climate is give it a false perception of value on the after market. Does nothing for the person that wears them unless it makes you feel like a champion...in life...smh. Lol! Regardless if he gets injured in a shoe and losses an entire season...*cough* Rose *cough*...if you like the shoe you'll grab the shoe.

So does knowing Lebron lost in the finals for the 2nd time in his career make the 8's that much more special? Do you have the champ pack and look in the mirror and say to yourself with a grin "He won a ring in these!" to make yourself feel special? The only thing a legacy does for a shoe in today's climate is give it a false perception of value on the after market. Does nothing for the person that wears them unless it makes you feel like a champion...in life...smh. Lol! Regardless if he gets injured in a shoe and losses an entire season...*cough* Rose *cough*...if you like the shoe you'll grab the shoe.

honestly what i mentioned really applies to those who are fans of basketball, even tho it does nothing for me i really want the crazy 97s that kobe won the dunk contest in, makes me feel nostalgic and even tho it doesn't make me any better or any worse, they give sentimental value to the shoe which makes me value them more

honestly what i mentioned really applies to those who are fans of basketball, even tho it does nothing for me i really want the crazy 97s that kobe won the dunk contest in, makes me feel nostalgic and even tho it doesn't make me any better or any worse, they give sentimental value to the shoe which makes me value them more

I get what you're saying but how is that nostalgic feeling at all changed because of a different player's/shoe's legacy. My whole point is the legacy carried by one player/shoe has no barring what so ever on another's legacy, especially in different eras such as LBJ and MJ.

The xi will never be overcame by any shoe just cause its JORDAN people will never let it go. theres people out there who no matter what will always have an excuse and will just shun the argument away because its jordan. theres no point of really even talking about this argument.

The xi will never be overcame by any shoe just cause its JORDAN people will never let it go. theres people out there who no matter what will always have an excuse and will just shun the argument away because its jordan. theres no point of really even talking about this argument.

If Bieber ever taught me anything it's never say never

Anybody know any sites preordering for legit KITJ colorway? PM if u want or post on here. I want a pair now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That store must be new cuz it wasn't there when I lived in boca last year. Mall was about 3 miles from my house

yeah its new

if you check the instagram u can see the process of building it and getting shoes in

they have alot of rare stuff like Watch The Throne 9s and Air Mags few other samples here n there

they get everything wayyyy early and have connects with a alot of celebs thats where most of them (Wale, Trinidad James) have been getting stuff early

yeah its new

if you check the instagram u can see the process of building it and getting shoes in

they have alot of rare stuff like Watch The Throne 9s and Air Mags few other samples here n there

they get everything wayyyy early and have connects with a alot of celebs thats where most of them (Wale, Trinidad James) have been getting stuff early
I thought TJ and Wale got their stuff from KicksOrDie... they post about each other all the time on IG...

Back
Top Bottom