Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters

Jays are so dead to me, $170 for some crap pleather, feet hurting, fruity nonsense colorway...
I stopped most of my jay purchase after I tried on a pair of X, the comfort destroyed my joy of wearing jay's though i'm still a sucker for xii's but why spend money on hurt feet?
mean.gif
  you ever walk around the mall and see somebody walking funny with a fresh pair of Jay's on, its like women wearing heels all day
roll.gif

Jays are so dead to me, $170 for some crap pleather, feet hurting, fruity nonsense colorway...
I stopped most of my jay purchase after I tried on a pair of X, the comfort destroyed my joy of wearing jay's though i'm still a sucker for xii's but why spend money on hurt feet?
mean.gif
  you ever walk around the mall and see somebody walking funny with a fresh pair of Jay's on, its like women wearing heels all day
roll.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nice Collection Pic ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

View media item 841584

you still goin to try for AVM's. They got my size TTS on soleheaven with the discount but wanting to go half size up from now on.

I was and might still be if I can find them for a low enough price, missing that Solehaven deal really deterred me from grabbing them unless they're under retail :frown: I'm definitely going for SB's and to me they're a little close to each other for me to really care if I don't get the AvMs anymore as long as I can get the SB's :lol:

bob how many more times are you gonna have to bring out all those 11's for a collection pic ? :lol:

:lol: I've actually had them sittin out all this time collecting dust :smh: as I wiped 'em down I decided it would be a good time for a pic before I put them all up :nthat:

I never mind seeing collection pics. Eye candy.
me either, but i said that because this guys 11 pick up list is still full :wow: :lol:  

Quite ridiculous I know :smh: :lol:

barbarianbob barbarianbob 's collection posts always make me wanna break mine out for a picture too but man it's a ***** taking all of them out of their boxes and tryna set them up before my daughter runs in yelling "SHOOOOES!" while trying to grab every pair lol.

Nice pic as always though. Can't wait to see your final XIs collection pic and lewi1913 lewi1913 's collection pic with every multiple included :lol:
:lol: at your daughter, your love for kicks rubbed off on her and she's just expressing it the best way she can :pimp: ..... as far as my final pic when it's all said and done I'm a end up needing a wide angle lense if I'm able to get everything I'm going after :smh: .... and as far as lewi1913 lewi1913 collection pic goes he's gonna need one just for his KP's and another for the rest of his collection :rofl:

Which is this?

Nike Lebron XI
Black/Wolf Grey/Atomic Mango/Metallic Silver

The black and silver Elites with the mango accents I believe :nerd:

View media item 842506

I don't see the big deal about the blackouts. It's all subjective because to me black and red shoes are the best and you can't argue with me on my personal preference but from a business standpoint and common sense, Nike knew exactly what they were doing when they added the little highlights and accents to an all black shoe. It will be heavily discounted and for lack of better words "hustling backwards" counterproductive for you wiz kids. I just don't think an all black shoe appeals to the modern day sneaker consumer. It's all about the presentation. It has to have a "pop" to it. From a distance *like it matters* no one know what you could have on. IJS

I don't see the big deal about the blackouts. It's all subjective because to me black and red shoes are the best and you can't argue with me on my personal preference but from a business standpoint and common sense, Nike knew exactly what they were doing when they added the little highlights and accents to an all black shoe. It will be heavily discounted and for lack of better words "hustling backwards" counterproductive for you wiz kids. I just don't think an all black shoe appeals to the modern day sneaker consumer. It's all about the presentation. It has to have a "pop" to it. From a distance *like it matters* no one know what you could have on. IJS

It all depends on who you consider the "modern day consumer."

Not everyone is chasing shoes that "pop"

It's not even considered trendy by sneakerheads depending on what circles you're running in.

I feel you 100%. After Carmines its a wrap for JB

Also, we gonna need a Lebron XI intervention group... I just copped the graffitis from city gear and I feel dirty. Bad part is, for $150 I'd do it again

Also, we gonna need a Lebron XI intervention group... I just copped the graffitis from city gear and I feel dirty. Bad part is, for $150 I'd do it again
I felt the same way after i copped the Dunkmans from Soleheaven for $119. I love them dirty girls.

It all depends on who you consider the "modern day consumer."

Not everyone is chasing shoes that "pop"

It's not even considered trendy by sneakerheads depending on what circles you're running in.

Lol I knew if anyone would have something to say it would be Domo! How's it been? And love the new avy but without further rambling on...When I say modern day I mean the generation of now. Some may call them hypes some may call them opportunist. But they are a more colorful generation than mines. I'm 31 so I like more subtle colorways with some decent accents but not to overbearing.

I stopped most of my jay purchase after I tried on a pair of X, the comfort destroyed my joy of wearing jay's though i'm still a sucker for xii's but why spend money on hurt feet? :smh:   you ever walk around the mall and see somebody walking funny with a fresh pair of Jay's on, its like women wearing heels all day :rofl:  

View media item 842500

That gif! :rofl:

As far as Jay's go though I've left them alone for a few years now but certain releases do peak my interest every now and then but I'll probably be too preoccupied copping Brons to bother with the shenanigans you have to go through to buy a pair of Jays nowadays :smh: :lol:

I actually love the small details of the Black Prisms :pimp: ..... not calling them blackouts since they're not really blacked out :lol:

That gif! :rofl:

As far as Jay's go though I've left them alone for a few years now but certain releases do peak my interest every now and then but I'll probably be too preoccupied copping Brons to bother with the shenanigans you have to go through to buy a pair of Jays nowadays :smh: :lol:
I actually love the small details of the Black Prisms :pimp: ..... not calling them blackouts since they're not really blacked out :lol:

I think for an all black pair with some pizzazz it's a great shoe but worthy of the price of a day 1 release that remains up to the person but personally not my forte

Just doubled up on Aways from CG for $170 shipped after my gift card points. Still mad I passed on the DSG and xmas CG deals on em last year.

IM 30

I COPPED THE ALL BLACK XI IDS BC THE SHOE JUST SCREAMS FOR IT TO BE ALL BLACK. AGGRESSIVE ANGLES YET STREAMLINED AND SESSY.

I SKIPPED THE IX BLACKOUTS

VIII BLACKOUTS ARE UP THERE FOR MY ALL TIME FAVS

ONE OF MY HOLY GRAILS WOULD BE THE BLACK ALBUM VII

^That's cool and it's not a knock on you but I just thought for a black shoe to cost 200 it better have something to it. And I like that ID but it's so much more I want other than an all black shoe.

Just doubled up on Aways from CG for $170 shipped after my gift card points. Still mad I passed on the DSG and xmas CG deals on em last year.
You sure you just didn't quadruple up there. I'm just mad I returned my Aways and Gammas after i purchased both with the 20% off. Don't ask why.

I have been saying this for so long man. Its like every retro from 07 till now, has been trash. I havent bought a single pair of Jordans for my self since 09. I just cant bring myself to do it, with the trash quality.

I think for an all black pair with some pizzazz it's a great shoe but worthy of the price of a day 1 release that remains up to the person but personally not my forte

I feel you, I only plan on copping day one if they're hit with some sort of limited tag though :rolleyes ..... and for me they do have just the right amount of pizzazz :lol: who's got the pic of the razzle dazzle cat :rofl:

Last edited:
Lol I knew if anyone would have something to say it would be Domo! How's it been? And love the new avy but without further rambling on...When I say modern day I mean the generation of now. Some may call them hypes some may call them opportunist. But they are a more colorful generation than mines. I'm 31 so I like more subtle colorways with some decent accents but not to overbearing.

I hear you bro.

But the kids you see under 25 wanting to dress like ASAP Rocky, Kanye and Schoolboy Q aren't at all interested in the loud colored kicks like bel-air 5s, asg brons and aunt pearl KDs

Blackcat 3s and 4s, Independence Day AM90s, and Jordan 1s are at the top of their list

So I wouldn't really say it's an age thing, I think it's more about who you're around.

Why is it a wrap after the Carmines? They can re-retro it again in 2015 with even worse quality, a higher price and the sheep will pay a reseller $50-$100 over asking.

I have been saying this for so long man. Itke every retro from 07 till now, has been trash. I havent bought a single pair of Jordans for my self since 09. I just cant bring myself to do it, with the trash quality.

I wouldn't go that far. I do understand it has fallen off but there's a couple of releases with nice quality like Bordeaux 7s playoff 13s black grape 5s just to name a few dating back to the time frame you discussed but we all know Lebron is the new sheriff in town so he gets the best of the best. Lastly for a memory standpoint like black infrared 6s olive 5s and indiglo 14s are some shoes I still want and many others will agree. But Lebron has my full attention afer this year. Hope the 12s are better than 10s after the 9s

Back
Top Bottom