Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Ah man, that denim helps to show off the shoe. You doing it right, fam.

/JK. Nice shot of the diffused jades. So seriously do you guys think the XI was better than the X?[/quote]

Hell no

/JK. Nice shot of the diffused jades. So seriously do you guys think the XI was better than the X?

I do. I know I'm in the minority but I just couldn't bring myself to cop X's. The tech was interesting but the look of them in any colorway just didn't appeal to me. KP's were release day cops for me.

/JK. Nice shot of the diffused jades. So seriously do you guys think the XI was better than the X?
haha im pro tapered/skinny jeans, and this pair of apc are one of my favorites. But i really didn't pay much attention to lebrons line pre xi so i can't really answer that question. 

Noooooope.

Better silhouette, better c/w's, better EXTs, better elites, better samples and PEs

KPs were instant purchase. Like I look back, new color way/shoe of the year.

Having said that, I think the X and XI were both disappointments from a design/color blocking perspective after the 9s. Performance wise, the X craps all over the 9 and XI. Also the first 2 X EXTs were great. I also thought the Champ Pack low was great from a design perspective. A LOT of details. The X and XI lows are garbage though (again 9s ish all over them). Good X Color ways were the Setting Sun/Dolphins, ASG/Barney, Jades, Windchills, Pressures, Floridians, Gold Medals, MVP (if you were able to get them), etc.

But the XIs were cool too. Had an interesting future design, color blocking was better. I just feel like the 1 truly great color way was the KP. There was some good execution on classics like Dunkman, MN, BRED/Away, SB, etc. But the EXTs and lows are garbage. The Crimson Elites are the only hot Elite. And I think they could've went crazy on the designs. It seemed like Nike used the KD for that. Just my 2 cents. Yours maybe different.

And I was joking about the denim.

of course most people's KPs, or shoes in general are doing fine without sole separation because the only time they are taken out of the box is to take pics of to post online, ig, fb. or on feet pics with #ntdenim in the house

I didn't care much for the X. I'd say the upgrades and updates on the elites were somewhat subtle, yet made a huge difference to me.
I like the XI over the X... But imo the xi elite is a downgrade

I didn't care much for the X. I'd say the upgrades and updates on the elites were somewhat subtle, yet made a huge difference to me.

I like the XI over the X... But imo the xi elite is a downgrade

Why do you prefer the XI over X? Color Ways? Comfort/Casual wear? On-Court Performance (which we know the Signature star does not like)? Price :wink: ?

In the end, I don't care. I went hard on the XI (only missing the FI, which I'm not paying $400 for).

XI over the X easily for me. Hated the backwards swoosh from the jump and could never catch on to the line from there. Elites were nice but at that point I was already set on passing on all the Xs.

I'd take the XIs over the Xs. I've just liked the silhouette/design and colorways of the XIs better in general, at least for the regular models, and I like the lower profile and futuristic look of the XIs. I'd give the Xs the edge in terms of comfort and the EXT/Elite design, but I just didn't really like that many of the X colorways so I didn't buy many pairs. To me the X silhouette was also pretty much the 8s with a reverse swoosh, which isn't a bad thing, but I think the XIs just brought a new/different look to the line that I appreciated. I'm also a big fan of the Flightposites, and the XIs got some bonus points for sort of reminding me of them.

It's a shame that Lebron never really wore the XIs on court, but I'm still a big fan of the shoe.

of course most people's KPs, or shoes in general are doing fine without sole separation because the only time they are taken out of the box is to take pics of to post online, ig, fb. or on feet pics with #ntdenim in the house

What makes you think ppl here don't wear their shoes?

It's real simple for me, we can get into all the stuff about cws and elites and all those specifics but it's all about shape.. The x is shaped very similar to the 8 and the 11 has no shape lol.. The 11 is a flat shoe with a terrible toe shape and a blown out back shot, it's very simple IMO

X takes it for me, i hoop in X vs XI and everyone has to agree the X comfort right out of the box is off the chart, no break in time or whatsoever. Colorways is alright on the X my fav pair out of all of em are the Pressures and Xmas!

XI > X

Better shoe overall. X's had some dope colorways but thats where it stops.

My list for the XI's

1)SB
2)SB
3)SB
4)SB
5)SB

close up of the low via ig
XI > X

My list for the XI's

1)SB
2)SB
3)SB
4)SB
5)SB
THAT USERNAME TO POST RATIO STRIKES AGAIN!
roll.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
XI > X

My list for the XI's

1)SB
2)SB
3)SB
4)SB
5)SB

To play devils advocate then how come the signature star doesn't wear them if it's a better shoe than the X, which he returned to play earlier in the season. Most likely Nike was like we don't sell that shoe anymore so your choice is the XI or Soldier 7.

And the SB XI is a solid color way but other than the palm tree on the Posite, IDs look better. And right now on the Sneakernews bracket, they got the MVP, Corks, Denims, Champ High, Champ low and Crown Jewels. The Jades, Pressures, XMAS, Gold Medals, Setting Sun, Floridian, ASG...even Mints were solid, underrated color ways. The only XIs on there are the ASG and KP.

The SB, Crimson Elite and whatever hype induced shoes they've got in the wings could find their way on there. But let's be real. Besides die-hard enthusiasts, the XI was sort of a disappointment from the fact they were $200, the star didn't wear them, the EXTs and lows were wack, the toe jam issue and understated color ways (though there's nothing wrong with that, some people like nice clean color ways).

Back
Top Bottom