• BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
That's worth it! Plus getting all the releases you want
nthat.gif
I'm down with that!
We'll see about that. Although since the Captcha went live. I haven't missed a thing!
nthat.gif

I don't get it.  If you like the style of shoe why wouldn't you buy different colorways if you liked the colors?

If it's out of spite for Nike, then shouldn't you NOT buy a single pair?

You're right, you don't get it. I like alot of nikes that release, but buying every single pair I like especially of one model is just condoning the price hikes that nike feeds people every year. So I choose to scale down my purchase rate across the board.

And people who complain about limited shoes and constant price hikes but have 30 pairs of the same site in their closet are contradicting themselves.

Beating a dead horse

I don't get it.  If you like the style of shoe why wouldn't you buy different colorways if you liked the colors?

If it's out of spite for Nike, then shouldn't you NOT buy a single pair?

You're right, you don't get it. I like alot of nikes that release, but buying every single pair I like especially of one model is just condoning the price hikes that nike feeds people every year. So I choose to scale down my purchase rate across the board.

And people who complain about limited shoes and constant price hikes but have 30 pairs of the same site in their closet are contradicting themselves.

Beating a dead horse
That makes zero sense, regardless of a person making multiple purchases the price hike is inevitable. You'd have to blame every person who buys the shoe to validate that statement, not every person has the means to buy every colorway or like's every colorway so if 100 people like a certain shoe and another 100 like another shoe in the same line it's obvious next time around Nike will up the price.

Last edited:
That makes zero sense, regardless of a person making multiple purchases the price hike is inevitable. You'd have to blame every person who buys the shoe to validate that statement, not every person has the means to buy every colorway or like's every colorway so if 100 people like a certain shoe and another 100 like another shoe in the same line it's obvious next time around Nike will up the price.

How does it make zero sense that I choose to buy 1 or 2 of the best of a model instead of buying 25 pairs of the same site? What's so hard for you to grasp?

And, how does the FACT that if everyone cut their spending on nike by a few pair per year, they would start to feel the loss in their pocketbook?

Simple economics. If that makes zero sense to you then, maybe you need to take a class so it can make sense.

Either way, I never knocked what you or anyone else did. You wanna own 30 pairs of the same shoe, and have 5 KPs, that's you. As for me, if I like a shoe, I'll probably own the best 2 or 3, even if there are a few more that I like.

Don't get why what I choose to do has to make sense to you.

nothing against anyone with 15-25 pairs of the same kicks, but i learned my lesson long ago. i will get the 2-3 best at the most of each model i like and move on. i leave alot of colorways that i like on the shelf out of spite for nike

its good to see nike do the right thing as far as availability is concerned though.
so you're saying it is cool to have 15-25 pairs of  the same color but in different shoe models though.....no thank you....

How does it make zero sense that I choose to buy 1 or 2 of the best of a model instead of buying 25 pairs of the same site? What's so hard for you to grasp?

And, how does the FACT that if everyone cut their spending on nike by a few pair per year, they would start to feel the loss in their pocketbook?

Simple economics. If that makes zero sense to you then, maybe you need to take a class so it can make sense.

Either way, I never knocked what you or anyone else did. You wanna own 30 pairs of the same shoe, and have 5 KPs, that's you. As for me, if I like a shoe, I'll probably own the best 2 or 3, even if there are a few more that I like.

Don't get why what I choose to do has to make sense to you.
You are aware there's people who buy one or two pairs only, now add up them people and you have high sales of each model. Doesn't matter if a selective few buys all the colorways because the people who buy one or two pairs still out number them, so the impact made by the selective few isn't the problem. Realistically everyone would have to stop buying any nike shoe to validate your point, you not buying multiple pairs won't make a difference because someone else will buy them. I buy what I like and if it's 7 shoes in the same line then so be it, whether I buy it or not nike will make that sale.

nothing against anyone with 15-25 pairs of the same kicks, but i learned my lesson long ago. i will get the 2-3 best at the most of each model i like and move on. i leave alot of colorways that i like on the shelf out of spite for nike

its good to see nike do the right thing as far as availability is concerned though.

so you're saying it is cool to have 15-25 pairs of  the same color but in different shoe models though.....no thank you....
Lol @ not buying something you like out of spite, like nike cares about you enough to change their prices. Only person you're affecting is yourself and allowing someone who does like them or want to resell them grab the chance. All honesty I blame resellers, ever since this reselling trend has come about shoes sell out quicker and sold for a higher price, like nike wouldn't want to capitalize from that.

just curious...how old are you?

OAN you argument is the typical sneakerheads excuse for why things will never change. an item doesnt need to not be purchased period in order for a retailer or manufacturer to get the point.

i never said anything regarding colorways and their relation to models. all i said was i choose not to buy 30 pairs of one shoe. thats it.

You are aware there's people who buy one or two pairs only, now add up them people and you have high sales of each model. Doesn't matter if a selective few buys all the colorways because the people who buy one or two pairs still out number them, so the impact made by the selective few isn't the problem. Realistically everyone would have to stop buying any nike shoe to validate your point, you not buying multiple pairs won't make a difference because someone else will buy them. I buy what I like and if it's 7 shoes in the same line then so be it, whether I buy it or not nike will make that sale.

you are right...it would take alot of stans to stop/slow down their purchase rate for nike to really feel it in the pocket. and i am aware that it will never happen. again, i say...that is what i have decided to do for me. i never said you or anyone else had to.

and my question to you is, why are you bothered by what i have decided to do? you wanna purchase 30 pairs of the same shoe, go ahead. as for me. 2 or 3 pairs and i'm cool (if that)

Inflation doesn't stop.

there's a different between inflation and price hiking. inflation is the cost of labor and materials going up so the price of said item goes up. usually that happens pennies or a few dollars at a time. not 10-25 bucks a model. especially when its already known that the item cost pennies on the dollar to produce.

Last edited:

Beating a dead horse
you say people are contradicting themselves but isn't "I'm not condoning the price hikes" and then stating that you are still buying a couple pairs a contradiction in itself? lmao…if you really didn't condone it, you wouldn't buy ANY pair at all. the number you as an individual purchase doesn't make a difference in the big picture…you're still condoning the very thing you claim that you aren't. funny you talk about simple economics and having a grasp on them when you don't seem to yourself. 

Last edited:
you say people are contradicting themselves but isn't "I'm not condoning the price hikes" and then stating that you are still buying a couple pairs a contradiction in itself? lmao…if you really didn't condone it, you wouldn't buy ANY pair at all. the number you as an individual purchase doesn't make a difference in the big picture…you're still condoning the very thing you claim that you aren't. funny you talk about simple economics and having a grasp on them when you don't seem to yourself. 

i have a firm grasp on economics. i fully understand that purchasing 2-3 pairs of any shoe is far less than purchasing 25-30.

do you really think that every consumer has to not buy a product in order for nike to notice a change in sales? really?

and btw, i own ZERO pairs of lebron Xis

Last edited:

Also just got an upgrade, although not in the same realm as yours. 35 mbps dl, 6 mbps ul. I got the kobes, jordans, and agassi's this morning and still had time to enter in two coupon codes.

YUSSSSS.
YUSSSS PAPI YUSSSS

SAY IT WIT DA CHEST!

i have a firm grasp on economics. i fully understand that purchasing 2-3 pairs of any shoe is far less than purchasing 25-30.

do you really think that every consumer has to not buy a product in order for nike to notice a change in sales? really?
so "not condoning" nikes price increase, yet still giving into them and purchasing the product (regardless of quantity) is NOT a contradiction? how is still making the purchase NOT condoning the price increase? because you limit the number of pairs? makes no sense bro. "i dont condone the cost of this item, but here is my money anyway" 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
so "not condoning" nikes price increase, yet still giving into them and purchasing the product (regardless of quantity) is NOT a contradiction? how is still making the purchase NOT condoning the price increase? because you limit the number of pairs? makes no sense bro. "i dont condone the cost of this item, but here is my money anyway" :lol:

if half the people in the US stopped buying gas, dont you think gas prices would go down? even if that half of people decided that they would only drive one day a week. that same group of people would still by gas but at a far less rate. so your argument is elementary at best and it shows that you might not have the firm grasp on economics that you think you have.

i do like shoes, i still purchase shoes from time to time, but i purchase 20 times less shoes than i used to. thats the stance i choose to take. nobody else has to do anything.

what i eat makes no one else crap

you wanna buy 30 pairs of the same shoe, be my guest. i never hated on anyone for that. i just said its not for me. how that made some people butt hurt (not you or maybe you too) baffles me.

back to the shoes

Last edited:
Last edited:
Update: Still no resolution! Went to NikeTown LA to speak to the manager there, per Nike's request, and they would only give me $99.99. I didnt have my receipt. I let the manager know I had already spoken with Nike Support, Nike Customer Service, and Nike Consumer Affairs. She let me know that is all she could offer, yet she had no problem admitting they were defective and could be replaced. 

Update: Still no resolution! Went to NikeTown LA to speak to the manager there, per Nike's request, and they would only give me $99.99. I didnt have my receipt. I let the manager know I had already spoken with Nike Support, Nike Customer Service, and Nike Consumer Affairs. She let me know that is all she could offer, yet she had no problem admitting they were defective and could be replaced. 
send them to nike claims via mail, they dont need a receipt and will give you full vslue

Back
Top Bottom