Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I hope no one buys those Elites. I've defended Nike over the years with their handling of the Elite Series, because you could kind of argue with the addition of kevlar and carbon fiber and extra ****. It's just insane that Nike is literally trying to scam all their consumer base with this ********. Reduced foamposite, no carbon fiber, and this crappy tpu cage? **** with that ********, man. We need to have some integrity and say no when Nike is blatantly jerking off everyone. The release of the flyknit Kobe 9 low is the same deal. Who the hell thought of releasing all four launch colorways of a signature model in limited quantities in another continent? Nike has always had shady business tactics, but they're starting to hit a new low with all these ******ed decisions.

I'm not defending Nike at all, but if you are referring to the 4 pairs of Kobe lows releasing in Italy, take into consideration he came from Italy to play ball here. His first language was Italian. My details may not be 100% accurate, but I remember reading this in my sports illustrated for kids, back when I was a kid of course. With that said, the decision for an Italian release could have been Kobe's decision and Nike went along with it.. or vice versa

I didn't even know people did not like these, nor did I know many opinions on this.
I honestly was able to walk in to my HOH yesterday and saw them in a case while waiting for my girl to get out of work.
I was psyched when I saw them, loved how the blue suede looked and I asked if they had a 12.
The sales associate goes to check and I sit there waiting for 10 minutes hoping they had them.
All of a sudden, I see him coming out with a box in his hands and took them out.
I really really like these and was blown away by them. I was so happy to be able to buy these, didn't even know they existed or were dropping!
Anyway, here's some more pictures, I am beyond excited about these and am really happy I was able to get them!
View media item 914244
View media item 914245
View media item 914446

Yoooooo where did this gif come from! :rofl:

I didn't even know people did not like these, nor did I know many opinions on this.
I honestly was able to walk in to my HOH yesterday and saw them in a case while waiting for my girl to get out of work.
I was psyched when I saw them, loved how the blue suede looked and I asked if they had a 12.
The sales associate goes to check and I sit there waiting for 10 minutes hoping they had them.
All of a sudden, I see him coming out with a box in his hands and took them out.
I really really like these and was blown away by them. I was so happy to be able to buy these, didn't even know they existed or were dropping!
Anyway, here's some more pictures, I am beyond excited about these and am really happy I was able to get them!

Great story.. glad you got what you liked without having to go through all the hoops.. 

Yoooooo where did this gif come from!
roll.gif
I wanna know too it's gonna come in handy when people start posting their RKP/floral pick up pics
roll.gif

I walked into my local spot to check out the Elites. I kinda dig em, but again as MANY of us have stated here before, NOT for $275. I was DEEP into the X and X iD and was an almost daily contributor to those threads. At the end of the X cycle I had 18 pairs total, regular, Elite, and X/Elite iD.

This year I have 5 pairs only of XI's (KP, Graffiti, Xmas, ASG, Away) and that's it. These price points are completely out of control, but as long as the masses continue to purchase at these prices, nothign will change. But this years Elite price point might be a starting point.

I quit on JB years ago, and the LeBron line is starting to follow suit, not in quality as I think the line is still built like tanks, but prices going up and up and up? No thank you. I have upped my Reebok purchases, the Converse Aero Jams were had, and as a lot of you know Li-Ning can gladly have my retail money for the superb quality they are offering at their retail prices (if you can find them) and even some resell/overseas prices aren't even that bad compared to any Elite model MSRP/quality ratio.

As for discussing finances here? Just give it up. If someone wants to cop ANY shoe for ANY price...let them, if it's not your money, it's not gonna hurt you. We all have jobs with different salaries and different responsibilities. My girl and I are trying to sell her current house and buy a new one together and with the listing price of the current one ($1.8 mil...and before anybody calls BS or stunting I can post the listing and I'm just illustrating a point) we are going to need a sizable down payment and with 2 out of the 3 kids in college and one on the way in 2 years...well, regardless of what we can buy...we have more important things to do with our money at this point. She likes her Air Maxes too...

So let's everyone just chill with who's buying what on whose dime and just enjoy the fact that ANY of us can afford to buy anything at all and post on a SNEAKER FORUM...it's all gravy at the end of the days guys. We all have choices to make, just make yours wisely, and don't take it so personal :tongue:

Last edited:
Buy what you like and what you can afford.

THIS!!
And that's that!

Stop worrying about how people get shoes. Worry about getting the shoes for yourself. Don't worry about what somebody else is doing with their pockets. Mind yo buisness....
Talking about it's a good question....smh. Some of y'all kill me...smh

well I settled for an ebay pickup only cost me 233-9(ebay bucks) so 224, i'm cool 8 over TX tax had I got them online anyway
nthat.gif

well ain't this some BS won, paid and get this email:

~~Dear *****2581, Sorry these shoes are no longer for sale - kendigdouglas2012

******* RESELLER MAD HE DIDN'T MAKE ANY MONEY SO HE PULLED IN, ISH LIKE THIS MAKES ME WANNA BE DONE WITH SHOES ALL TOGETHER AND WALK AROUND LIKE THE FLINTSONES
mad.gif
mean.gif

sorry y'all im just heated since I thought I made out decent

Last edited:
Buy what you like and what you can afford.

THIS!!
And that's that!

Stop worrying about how people get shoes. Worry about getting the shoes for yourself. Don't worry about what somebody else is doing with their pockets. Mind yo buisness....
Talking about it's a good question....smh. Some of y'all kill me...smh

It's a forum where topics are discussed. Still not sure why you are going so hard on the issue.

Reminds me of that dude that gets all defensive and hostile when being pulled up on a sensitive topic.

Last edited:
well I settled for an ebay pickup only cost me 233-9(ebay bucks) so 224, i'm cool 8 over TX tax had I got them online anyway:nthat:  

well ain't this some BS won, paid and get this email:

~~Dear *****2581, Sorry these shoes are no longer for sale - kendigdouglas2012

******* RESELLER MAD HE DIDN'T MAKE ANY MONEY SO HE PULLED IN, ISH LIKE THIS MAKES ME WANNA BE DONE WITH SHOES ALL TOGETHER AND WALK AROUND LIKE THE FLINTSONES>: :smh:

sorry y'all im just heated since I thought I made out decent

cant blame the shoe game for 1 shady ebayer. look around i still see these sitting in some places

cant blame the shoe game for 1 shady ebayer. look around i still see these sitting in some places
haven't seen them online anywhere but ebay, being in elpaso the closet hoh was San Antonio and they wasn't letting me leave work to drive to and get them lol plus that would've made them $400 when adding in gas, so if you have local spots that have them and sitting that's great for your area but my area doesn't get such luxuries, and anybody has every right to be upset when they're screwed on a good deal, espc when they say their venting in the post smdh

That Drizzy gif fits so well on that post. Lol.

Still happy dude got them blue suedes. Let him shine for a few.

Saw the elites in person today. Not bad. They definitely cut down on the foam. Make the design more narrow which is cool to me. Price tag isn't appealing at all tho.

Naw bob. Too busy in the mall to be test driving. Maybe on a day when it's dead :lol:

haven't seen them online anywhere but ebay, being in elpaso the closet hoh was San Antonio and they wasn't letting me leave work to drive to and get them lol plus that would've made them $400 when adding in gas, so if you have local spots that have them and sitting that's great for your area but my area doesn't get such luxuries, and anybody has every right to be upset when they're screwed on a good deal, espc when they say their venting in the post smdh
EBay takes 10% of his total and PayPal takes another 3-4% (not sure exactly)... So maybe you should try contacting him for a deal off eBay, maybe you both can win

Back
Top Bottom