Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I wonder if LeBron will even bother lacing up XIs for the playoffs, or just go straight to the Soldiers? Repeat of 2007 playoffs and the LeBron IVs (except Bron's not going to get swept in the finals this time :lol:)

Edit: Was looking at some history, it wasn't until the 7s and onwards that he was using his signature model regularly in the playoffs.

Yep.... His soldiers were his playoff shoes. Were supposed to be more lightweight or something for the stretch run.
I've never been a big fan of the Soldier line except the first ones, but I sort of liked it when they were his playoff shoes if only because it gave them some more significance. It sucks with the Elites being the playoff shoe now, they're significantly more expensive than the regular sig when the Soldiers and PS models as playoff shoes were cheaper :smh:.

Ordered a pair of LeBron XIs off Nike ID to play basketball in and wore them for the first time today and they destroyed the top of my toes. I always wear Nike elite socks, but was thinking of trying the double thick ones. Anybody else had this problem with the XIs? Any possible solutions? Should I expect them to break in?

I've heard some horror stories of these shoes and I know all the controversy over LeBron not liking them, but was hoping to wear these to play. I got them for free due to an error in ID process or else I would be sending them right back.

Took about 8 or 10 times on court before they broke in for me.

Ive went back a few pages but couldn't find anything...

Are we still in the dark regarding the 2k14?

Ordered a pair of LeBron XIs off Nike ID to play basketball in and wore them for the first time today and they destroyed the top of my toes. I always wear Nike elite socks, but was thinking of trying the double thick ones. Anybody else had this problem with the XIs? Any possible solutions? Should I expect them to break in?

I've heard some horror stories of these shoes and I know all the controversy over LeBron not liking them, but was hoping to wear these to play. I got them for free due to an error in ID process or else I would be sending them right back.

Try double socking just around the house. They'll feel crazy tight but hopefully it'll loosen em up a bit before you hit the court. I did that with my Aways and it helped a bit, the rest of the break-in time occured while hooping. They will break-in, it just takes a couple sessions. Good luck!

I wonder if LeBron will even bother lacing up XIs for the playoffs, or just go straight to the Soldiers? Repeat of 2007 playoffs and the LeBron IVs (except Bron's not going to get swept in the finals this time
laugh.gif
)

Edit: Was looking at some history, it wasn't until the 7s and onwards that he was using his signature model regularly in the playoffs.
Yep.... His soldiers were his playoff shoes. Were supposed to be more lightweight or something for the stretch run.
That was the idea of the Elite series as well...lighter, stronger materials (ie, Carbon Fiber).

I don't care if he play in house slippers.....He better get that title...i just cop what I like regardless who wore em and when...never looked at sneakers as memorabilia...but that's me

I wonder if LeBron will even bother lacing up XIs for the playoffs, or just go straight to the Soldiers? Repeat of 2007 playoffs and the LeBron IVs (except Bron's not going to get swept in the finals this time :lol: )

That was the idea of the Elite series as well...lighter, stronger materials (ie, Carbon Fiber).

Yea but they used to say the regular version was built for the long season and the soldiers were for the playoffs. Guess it was durability vs light weight. And the price was much lower and still is much lower than the elite.

Try double socking just around the house. They'll feel crazy tight but hopefully it'll loosen em up a bit before you hit the court. I did that with my Aways and it helped a bit, the rest of the break-in time occured while hooping. They will break-in, it just takes a couple sessions. Good luck!

i just stuffed a full pair of socks in each shoe for all my 11's and left em in the box

atleast the first few releases

asgs felt good fresh out the box

I may also be in the minority but after seeing that suede overlap and toe box, I'm definitely rocking with the florals more.

The KCs look good when the green is showing.

Then when I look at them from a different angle and see that orange/yellow, I'm back to hating them again.

Surprised the WTLs arent popping up on early release or presale sites yet.....only seen one pair and dude isnt even listing a price just taking offers via email. Meanwhile the KDs seem to be out there.

what sites do you see KDs on?  it's still too early to have the WT shoes up on presage sites.  both shoes are up on ebay though for pre orders and whatnot

I've seen one site with WTL preorders for 2k, and WTKDs for 1.5K, I doubt anyone has bought it at that price.

I would buy a sz 13 if anyone had one in hand for the WTKD, no such luck.

Back
Top Bottom