Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
You made the chess move in the end, but I can't imagine myself letting someone just run up on me and snatch stuff out of my hands like that. Especially some minimum wage employee.
thats exactly why i can let it go. im usually bigger than everyone, including him lol. at my size fighting anyone is pointless. going off on a minimum wage employee is pointless. why do that? ill use the situation for an inevitable NICE discount there, and hell get punishment from his masters. rather than me going off on him and compromising myself. no reason to chincheck an ant is there?

employees at these footlockers, finishlines, champs, wherever are always shady as f%#k , it's always been like that. idk why. I don't even bother asking them anything anymore cuz they always have a smart answer or try and avoid your question. it's almost like you're bugging them if u ask for information

I've always wondered if an employee did some ish like that to a customer, and in retaliation, the customer just knocked all the shoes off the wall as they left, what can happen to the customer?

anyways...glad you were still able to get a pair.

thats exactly why i can let it go. im usually bigger than everyone, including him lol. at my size fighting anyone is pointless. going off on a minimum wage employee is pointless. why do that? ill use the situation for an inevitable NICE discount there, and hell get punishment from his masters. rather than me going off on him and compromising myself. no reason to chincheck an ant is there?

You're right. I just meant that my natural reaction to someone trying to take a box out of my hands in a shoe store would have be to keep it away from him and ask what was going on. It wouldn't have ended up in a fight or anything. But hey, everything ended up ok. You copped and dude is probably on his way out.

I've always wondered if an employee did some ish like that to a customer, and in retaliation, the customer just knocked all the shoes off the wall as they left, what can happen to the customer?

DYING just visualizing this in my head...suprised this isn't on YouTube yet over some retro J's with how some people act on RD

LONG READ

let me tell yall how my experience was today. So i go to university mall here in tampa. Went to champs and tried to use this $10 coupon i had. They said they wont accept it for any release day items. I said release day was 2 weeks ago, wtf? They said by release day, we mean...any product that has a release date. AKA EVERYTHING WORTHWHILE. He said they dont even accept military discounts anymore for rd products smh.

Then i said whatever, ill pay $200, let me get the lebron 11s in a size 13. Kid goes to the back, then comes out with em. I sit down getting ready to try em on and then another employee LITERALLY runs over to us. He grabs the box out of my hands and checks the size really quick. Then he snatches em outta my hand grabs the other associate and says "lets take a walk really quick." and they both walked to the back room. Im sitting there wondering wtf.....

They both come back a minute later (without the shoes) and say "Im sorry, we cant sell you those. Theyre the wrong ones. Wrong size. We dont have any 13s left." Now i KNEW this muhf***a was lying cuz the box was already slid open IN MY HANDS! it was two size 13 lebrons right in my face when he snatched em! I stood up and left.

Then i went to finish line, they didnt have any 13s, nor did Jimmy Jazz, or Foot action. Foot Locker had one pair left so i took em. but the quality on these was SOOOOOOOOO Fed up! The left shoe looks like someone just stopped giving a f*** midway through making em. Glue is showing all on the mesh. Theres tiny dents in the toe box. A small hole under the armorposite too. SMFH!

Now champs corporate is trying to soothe the situation, and nike is getting a call tomorrow about the lack of quality of these $200 shoes!

edit: by the way, at finish line they showed me the aways in person. They were absolutely nothing special and the red is nowhere near as crazy as people were saying. They looked just as plain and bland as i originally thought.
and I thought my experience was bad  
laugh.gif

Finna got my pair at footlocker with the Birthday coupon.
How are these selling out in San Diego? In a Laker area. Haha.
Hoping for a restock so I can switch to sz 10.5 I copped a sz 11.
Comfortable as funk. TW will be next. So the release date is before Thanksgiving day? I'll be in Las Vegas for Black Friday.

My one gripe with the Kings Pride colorway is the outsole. This light green, pastellish kinda of hue of green, just doesn't sit well with me. The rest of the shoe is amazing. 

Ive never seen any of these "dents" on toe box, anybody have pics?

KP is still the best cw I've seen so far... seriously thinking of doubling up while its still around.

My one gripe with the Kings Pride colorway is the outsole. This light green, pastellish kinda of hue of green, just doesn't sit well with me. The rest of the shoe is amazing. 

One of my favorite parts of the CW. Sets the shoe off, and would've been too bland with a dark outsole (only color that can really be used there is black) against the dark upper IMO.

Last edited:

KP is still the best cw I've seen so far... seriously thinking of doubling up while its still around.
I had to get the right angle to notice it.  Only one on my pair...wonder if other people's pairs have more noticeable ones.  No big deal though.

LONG READ

let me tell yall how my experience was today. So i go to university mall here in tampa. Went to champs and tried to use this $10 coupon i had. They said they wont accept it for any release day items. I said release day was 2 weeks ago, wtf? They said by release day, we mean...any product that has a release date. AKA EVERYTHING WORTHWHILE. He said they dont even accept military discounts anymore for rd products smh.

Then i said whatever, ill pay $200, let me get the lebron 11s in a size 13. Kid goes to the back, then comes out with em. I sit down getting ready to try em on and then another employee LITERALLY runs over to us. He grabs the box out of my hands and checks the size really quick. Then he snatches em outta my hand grabs the other associate and says "lets take a walk really quick." and they both walked to the back room. Im sitting there wondering wtf.....

They both come back a minute later (without the shoes) and say "Im sorry, we cant sell you those. Theyre the wrong ones. Wrong size. We dont have any 13s left." Now i KNEW this muhf***a was lying cuz the box was already slid open IN MY HANDS! it was two size 13 lebrons right in my face when he snatched em! I stood up and left.

Then i went to finish line, they didnt have any 13s, nor did Jimmy Jazz, or Foot action. Foot Locker had one pair left so i took em. but the quality on these was SOOOOOOOOO Fed up! The left shoe looks like someone just stopped giving a f*** midway through making em. Glue is showing all on the mesh. Theres tiny dents in the toe box. A small hole under the armorposite too. SMFH!
Now champs corporate is trying to soothe the situation, and nike is getting a call tomorrow about the lack of quality of these $200 shoes!

edit: by the way, at finish line they showed me the aways in person. They were absolutely nothing special and the red is nowhere near as crazy as people were saying. They looked just as plain and bland as i originally thought.

View media item 304401

WOW, just WOW! This never would have happened when I worked at Foot Locker. The District Manager would have had their heads. Thats insane that dude even had the balls to pull some ish like that.

Placed an order on NDC last Thursday morning.  Status still says "preparing to ship".  Safe to say my order is going to get cancelled? 
frown.gif

I had to get the right angle to notice it.  Only one on my pair...wonder if other people's pairs have more noticeable ones.  No big deal though.
My pair is like that, been lazy on going to exchange them.  Don't know if its a defect in the manufacturing process or what we can expect over the course of time owning them.

^^^ id exchange them sooner than later considering how well they are selling

Back
Top Bottom