Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
the NBA is very strict on colors that they are allowed to wear with their uniforms.
for example, the "Banned 1s". NBA originally did not allow jordan to wear the black/red 1s in his rookie year, ad he was fined EVERY GAME he wore them. Nike footed the bill and paid every fine for him, so he could wear the shoes and promote Nike

Or how Marshawn Lynch had a pair of all Gold shoes custom made for $10,000, but when he tried to wear them in the super bowl, the NFL made him take them off.

the NBA is very strict on colors that they are allowed to wear with their uniforms.
for example, the "Banned 1s". NBA originally did not allow jordan to wear the black/red 1s in his rookie year, ad he was fined EVERY GAME he wore them. Nike footed the bill and paid every fine for him, so he could wear the shoes and promote Nike

Or how Marshawn Lynch had a pair of all Gold shoes custom made for $10,000, but when he tried to wear them in the super bowl, the NFL made him take them off.
but can they really fine him for wearing the WTL when Lebron spent like 5mins in them in a game and didn't get fined?

but can they really fine him for wearing the WTL when Lebron spent like 5mins in them in a game and didn't get fined?

It's not as strict as it used to be.

They obviously have the special holidays. I also remember hearing you can request permission to wear a shoe that may not normally be worn. i.e. Danny Green's Stuart Scott customs.

Last edited:
I believe they removed the color restriction on sneakers a few years back. At least that's what I read somewhere. 

I dont think they did. I saw a video of cp3 saying he couldnt wear the cp3.vii bel air cw because the nba would fine him. That was last years model.

they did not lift the rule, it still exists. and a commemorative pair like the SS pair is completely different than a WTL that serves no true meaning. and yes, holidays often have different rules.

they did not lift the rule, it still exists. and a commemorative pair like the SS pair is completely different than a WTL that serves no true meaning. and yes, holidays often have different rules.

Yea I think they just modified it tho bron stays wearing non matching brons. They probably just told cp no because them shoes were so ugly :lol:

Yea I think they just modified it tho bron stays wearing non matching brons. They probably just told cp no because them shoes were so ugly
laugh.gif
Them fighting words!
them real words
roll.gif

if you're still on the hunt for the "what the" 11's , finish line seemed to restock them. able to order a 11.5 and the worker said you could order anything except a 13. full price
View media item 1429474

Last edited:
I called the customer service and they had no clue what I was talking about.

He said he could only see 12s in the system.

Last edited:
I'm wearing mine today... super underrated.

The calvin johnson megatron/decepticon apparel goes with it so seamlessly

Back
Top Bottom