Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Lol! You try to watch that now it's pretty rough.. Gretzky is a moron and Bo is a mindless juice head and Mikes the "smart guy" lol.. That one needs to stay in the 90s

Yeah I remember this - Mike must've been the executive producer. Then again he's got the JB sycophants paying $100+ over MSRP for some of the lowest quality, uninspired retro+ garbage from his brand - maybe he is the smart one?

No one has talked about the traction on the XIs yet.

IMO, the traction is horrible.

Could this be a reason for the switch back to a traditional herringbone traction pattern, I.e., the Xs?

No one has talked about the traction on the XIs yet.

IMO, the traction is horrible.

Could this be a reason for the switch back to a traditional herringbone traction pattern, I.e., the Xs?
I talked about it extensively in my initial review back on page 90.  I think the traction is improved in the XI, but still somewhat behind from models like the Jordan XX8 and some others.  The LeBron line has always had some traction issues, but it's getting better.   

I talked about it extensively in my initial review back on page 90.  I think the traction is improved in the XI, but still somewhat behind from models like the Jordan XX8 and some others.  The LeBron line has always had some traction issues, but it's getting better.   

I played about 6 games in kp still didn't get a solid feel for traction. My 8v2 after a year of wearing them I finally felt the floor was sticky.

Also I don't like the laces on the 11. They feel like ropes.

Don't get your boxers in a bunch people. Pics first leaked of him wearing these in practice during last years finals. I'm gonna go ahead and assume he's had plenty of time in these to provide feedback if he didn't like something. Even if it were a cushioning thing, nike would find a way to fix it for him a la scottie rockin the pippen 1's with zoom instead of max that hit the market. It was just the 2nd half of game 2 there are still 80+ games for him to wear the XI's.

While we are reminiscing...
Lol, that brings back memories...Gretzy was annoying.
laugh.gif

I played about 6 games in kp still didn't get a solid feel for traction. My 8v2 after a year of wearing them I finally felt the floor was sticky.

Also I don't like the laces on the 11. They feel like ropes.
8's have had the best traction pattern in my opinion.  The laces on the XI are different but at least they stay put.  Anyone who hooped in the X's or X Elites can vouch for how annoying the laces were, always coming loose no matter what kind of knot used.  The XI laces have a texture to them, seems to keep them locked up. 

Just came to say the Miami Nights are going to be the best of the model

Last edited:

8's have had the best traction pattern in my opinion.  The laces on the XI are different but at least they stay put.  Anyone who hooped in the X's or X Elites can vouch for how annoying the laces were, always coming loose no matter what kind of knot used.  The XI laces have a texture to them, seems to keep them locked up. 
That was my biggest gripe with the X's, every game I would have to re-tie the laces at least 3-4 times. Awesome shoe but extremely frustrating

did the red/black colorway sell out on ndc, eastbay, and finishline already? don't see them on the website. figured these would sit like the K.P.....

interesting...never hooped in the X's...always looked for a cheap pair but only found cw i didnt like in my size

still think this shoe can be a beast once broken in, a lot of reviews dont seem to account for that

Aways look so good in pics. Trying to show restraint. $200 a pop means I have to be selective in my choices... carbon & FI need to be purchased. then I can figure out pair 3 and 4 before I exit the XIs.

Back
Top Bottom