Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Xmas 7s were the saddest colorway to drop.

Miss the bday brons tho. Should have never sold my IVs.

May have been the saddest colourway (in your opinion), but the leather on the toebox was unreal. Those VIIs were arguably the most comfortable out of all the VIIs with the patent toe joints being the least comfortable.

um if you say so.... I think its the insole/cushioning more than the foam upper....

Really? You mean the insole that can be removed and replaced with a different unit easily ? Hmm ... Well like I said I'm not speculating either way in what it is. I simply stated facts about age, and properties of the shoe. I'm not saying what I think it is or isn't.... Because like everyone else on here I don't know; therefore I stick to facts I do know until it's released otherwise.

um if you say so.... I think its the insole/cushioning more than the foam upper....

Ah ok... then bron def needs to wear one pair for a couple nights. But wouldn't nike just tell him he can have a different pair he just has to keep the lunar/zoom insert.

Bron signed off on the XI. All of the kinks should have been worked out prior.

With Nike going plastic, mesh and fuse across the board how much say does the athlete really have in the design process? Petrie himself could have his hands tied with the limitations of the aforementioned materials.

Additionally all these signature shoes are being tossed on NikeID. From a manufacturing point of view, when you offer customization (i.e. IDs) you require a simple template or design.

It feels like the manufacturing process coupled with the necessity to save costs and shareholder greed is driving Nike to produce some pretty underwhelming crap that is overperforming in the market due to hype and extreme marketing tactics.

Xmas 7s were the saddest colorway to drop.
Miss the bday brons tho. Should have never sold my IVs.
May have been the saddest colourway (in your opinion), but the leather on the toebox was unreal. Those VIIs were arguably the most comfortable out of all the VIIs with the patent toe joints being the least comfortable.

yea... my opinion for sure. that's the only xmas color to go on super sale tho. im sure the quality was on point tho. red carpets had a good feel to them too.

Really? You mean the insole that can be removed and replaced with a different unit easily ? Hmm ... Well like I said I'm not speculating either way in what it is. I simply stated facts about age, and properties of the shoe. I'm not saying what I think it is or isn't.... Because like everyone else on here I don't know; therefore I stick to facts I do know until it's released otherwise.

honestly, you are stated what facts you think you know. the presentation comes off as a formed opinion. we both agree its all speculation tho.

and the replace the insole part.... have you seen the insole on the XIs? im sure they can manufacture something but its not the typical insole. a few people have complained that its "mushy" which could be something an athlete doesn't care for when precision means everything.

yea... my opinion for sure. that's the only xmas color to go on super sale tho. im sure the quality was on point tho. red carpets had a good feel to them too.

I hear you, then again what VIIs did not go on sale apart from the limited or somewhat limited joints (ASG, etc..)? There was little to no hype with the LBJ line up prior to 2011.

Last edited:

I hear you, then again what VIIs did not go on sale apart from the limited or somewhat limited joints (ASG, etc..)? There was little to no hype with the LBJ line up prior to '11.

I thought the 8 was the last model that really went on sale pretty heavy. the 9s saw less sale items. the 10s were even less. its hard to say for the 11s because even the GR, super mass produced colorways are selling well from what I see.
I just knew I was gonna be getting the carbon Xs for the low.... that day never happened :smh:

and the replace the insole part.... have you seen the insole on the XIs?

I have.. i own them and have taken it out to look at it. As I stated earlier in the thread, Im not a big fan of the removable sole. And honestly, I like lunar, but IMO its not for basketball. However, Because the sole is removable and because he is, after all, Lebron James, I would imagine it would not be an issue to make a new insole that can be inserted in its place that is more what he is accustomed to if that was the case. That part is speculation.

As far as the other, there is no speculation that with age the body begins to depreciate, and there is no speculation that foam takes longer to break in than flywire or even most leather Nike has used in the past. If it came off as opinionated, it was not the intention. I am quite matter of fact, however. The summary of the statement is we just dont know but the guys, dont remember who said it, that said JP should step down,be replaced, or something of the sort.... or the others talking about it not being a good basketball shoe, seriously....??? then why are SOOOO many players at the highest level of the game using it? There is just no point in trying to guess at what is bothering him about the shoe beyond taking the facts at face value and waiting until there is a release about what the problem is.... And, without doubt, this will happen if the LJ's boycott of the XI continues.

I hear you, then again what VIIs did not go on sale apart from the limited or somewhat limited joints (ASG, etc..)? There was little to no hype with the LBJ line up prior to '11.

I thought the 8 was the last model that really went on sale pretty heavy. the 9s saw less sale items. the 10s were even less. its hard to say for the 11s because even the GR, super mass produced colorways are selling well from what I see.
I just knew I was gonna be getting the carbon Xs for the low.... that day never happened :smh:

You and me both on those carbons. got them not too long ago at full price. I was hoping to stock up on several pair of them, but it was tough to find the pair that I did. Seems like outside of a few models of the 8's, Bron's don't make it on sell pretty heavy anymore. I was surprised the elite 11's got as low as they did on NBA.com, but with the size selection by that time you can see why it went that low.

Sorry bigj, I meant 2011 when I typed '11, not the Lebron XI. I've fixed my post and yes I agree with you - outlets have had fewer and fewer LBJ sigs since the VIII.

Over here in Toronto, some Champs are still charging $239.99+tax for 'Prism' & 'Pure Platinum' Xs. *SMH*

Prior to the sb 8 id say.....I remember copping all my LeBron with ease.... Red carpet vii asg vii at least a week after rd....
Sb8 brought a lot of New Heads.... And its been pretty hard to copp the most coveted cws...
As for LeBrRon not wearing the xi I could careless.. Yeah its "wrong" for him not to play in em but at the same time as long as he is wearing a bron.... no biggie..
Tw dont do nothing to me this far....

Nah...there have clearly been other people in here who've balled in the XIs and think they're built for basketball, not just casual wear.

It's just that the one person who's said these have "Godly traction" was also the dude who said the Dunkman would overtake the Jumpman in 10 years, the Kobe 8 Milk Boas are the cousins of the Jordan VI Carmines, the XIs help him dunk significantly better, etc, etc...
Just like sleep is the cousin of death. Why can't Milks be cousin of Carmines?

The padding in the XI grips your feet with outstanding support. It makes the explosion when you leap up into the air a lot more drastic, thus helping your vertical leap.

When I drive the ball to the rim in the Kobe 8's, it just isn't the same as when I am driving the ball going for a layup in the 11's (hence TRACTION/GRIP-- that's the difference). It makes me FASTER than other people on court.  It is what it is, I am just saying that the XI's are beast on court and anyone who tries to argue about it with me I already know must not really be balling in them and just hating.  haters gonna hate....
Your sig is accurate.

Word..
One thing that can't be denied about the Xmas 7 is the quality..
That oxblood color leather is amazing..
We will probably never see leather like that on a Lebron again..

Just like sleep is the cousin of death. Why can't Milks be cousin of Carmines?

The padding in the XI grips your feet with outstanding support. It makes the explosion when you leap up into the air a lot more drastic, thus helping your vertical leap.

When I drive the ball to the rim in the Kobe 8's, it just isn't the same as when I am driving the ball going for a layup in the 11's (hence TRACTION/GRIP-- that's the difference). It makes me FASTER than other people on court.  It is what it is, I am just saying that the XI's are beast on court and anyone who tries to argue about it with me I already know must not really be balling in them and just hating.  haters gonna hate....

Lace your XI's all the way up to the top, tighten the laces up hard.  Bend your knees like you're gonna shoot a free throw, DAT FEEL THO.... feels good.

When I was playing Twenty-one with the homies, I felt that feel for the first time when I went to the free throw and swished 3 in a row. great focus. Love that feeling of making swishes and feeling that tight padding on my shin.

Clearly only one person says it has Godly traction. Everyone else thinks it is made for casual wear and not basketball shoes, even though one person who has been balling in Kobe 8's ALL YEAR has now switched over to balling in strictly LeBron XI's... I wonder why......
Nike should hire you to promote the LeBron XI, now that LeBron himself isn't wearing it.

It seems to me that you are just a normal regular dude, but when you put on the LeBron's, you morph into a beast.  Relentless unstoppable drives to the basket, blowing by defenders like they are in slow-motion, dunking with ease, swishing multiple free throws like it's practice, the list can go on.  Reminds me of this certain NBA player that plays for the Miami Heat.

Man I'm kicking myself in the butt for not picking the Christmas 7s at the outlet for $ 100. Oh and me walking into footaction where thry had the Southbeach 8s, all sizes, no lines and passing...FAIL lol

Prior to the sb 8 id say.....I remember copping all my LeBron with ease.... Red carpet vii asg vii at least a week after rd....
Sb8 brought a lot of New Heads.... And its been pretty hard to copp the most coveted cws...
As for LeBrRon not wearing the xi I could careless.. Yeah its "wrong" for him not to play in em but at the same time as long as he is wearing a bron.... no biggie..
Tw dont do nothing to me this far....

also, I wonder if nike changed its marketing strategy to have more "loud" colorways for bigger sales due to his newest contract. bron bron got a raise for sure... sales gotta be made :lol:

I love these shoes for ball as much as the next guy, but I gotta laugh at 'dat feel' when shooting a free throw 
laugh.gif

Out the box the King of Jungle colorway were extremely comfortable with no break in period. As for the Away colorway they felt more snug on the sides, but getting more comfy with breaking in. In regards to the Gammas, I don't know yet waiting for them. Anyone else experience a difference in fit or break in period from colorway to colorway like with some of the 9's? I like the Gamma colorway quite a bit, but the 3 color tips of the shoe laces I do NOT like and the swoosh I would rather be white as well along with the laces. Your thoughts and suggestions or directions to people who could customize the swoosh and lace tips for me? Is there a story behind the 3 color swoosh and lace tips?

Last edited:
I slept on the KP I hope I can find em at least around retail I heard Lenox still has them

I planned on waiting to cop the XI's on discount but I think ima start grabbing them when I can chuck up that $200+
I was just in Stonecrest last night and Footlocker and Footaction still had them on the shelves. Not sure what size you are but it might be worth it to make the call out that way.

Out the box the King of Jungle colorway were extremely comfortable with no break in period. As for the Away colorway they felt more snug on the sides, but getting more comfy with breaking in. In regards to the Gammas, I don't know yet waiting for them. Anyone else experience a difference in fit or break in period from colorway to colorway like with some of the 9's?
YES!!!  I have been thinking I'm going crazy.  My KPs and Gammas fit perfect out the box.  But my Aways and FIs feel a half-size too small. I wonder if it's a every other colorway thing.  It's hard to believe it could be where I'm getting them from: KPs and Gammas came from FTL, Aways and FIs from NDC.  But we would logically assume all colorways should fit consistent across the board.  Anyone else dealing with this issue?

YES!!!  I have been thinking I'm going crazy.  My KPs and Gammas fit perfect out the box.  But my Aways and FIs feel a half-size too small. I wonder if it's a every other colorway thing.  It's hard to believe it could be where I'm getting them from: KPs and Gammas came from FTL, Aways and FIs from NDC.  But we would logically assume all colorways should fit consistent across the board.  Anyone else dealing with this issue?
I went through 2 pairs of KPs due to the first pair being damaged. The second felt more snug out of the box.  Perfect after break-in though

Back
Top Bottom