Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
What's all this worry over missing the BHM and ASG's about?

Last years BHM was just posted in the X thread for still being available at about $99 I believe.

And the ASG's are still available for retail if you look.

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere and have a dial up internet connection, there's really no reason to strike out.

Even if you miss Jimmy Jazz and NDC, stay tuned to the NT. Someone will be posting links to some of those sleeper shops that will have pairs left all weekend.

Anyway here's a close up of the ASG's 

What's all this worry over missing the BHM and ASG's about?

Last years BHM was just posted in the X thread for still being available at about $99 I believe.

And the ASG's are still available for retail if you look.

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere and have a dial up internet connection, there's really no reason to strike out.

Even if you miss Jimmy Jazz and NDC, stay tuned to the NT. Someone will be posting links to some of those sleeper shops that will have pairs left all weekend.

Anyway here's a close up of the ASG's 

View media item 736414

Well the first thing is the simple fact that the XI > X from a model standpoint in reference to looks as well as sales, performance not so much at least to Lebron's preference (the only preference that really matters) on top of both colorways are better than last years ASG's and BHM's imo :rolleyes there wasn't any real hype around either of last years stuff compared to this years stuff do if guys are actually worrying I think they have reason but I actually think it's more so excitement and dudes can't wait to get their hands on 'em :nthat:

For everyone that's nervous about releases, put it this way.. besides Forging Irons, what else have you really  struck out on??

Is the extra laces (AS) the same as the ones on the shoe or one of them has gitd properties to it? I'm guessing the latter.

Last edited:
Well the first thing is the simple fact that the XI > X from a model standpoint in reference to looks...on top of both colorways are better than last years ASG's and BHM's imo :rolleyes there wasn't any real hype around either of last years stuff compared to this years stuff.

Yeah...That's the exact opposite of fact, and just simply not true.

I hope you're not basing "hype" on what you're seeing here on NT inside a thread where ppl are buying every single color in one model.

It's never as accurate as being in the streets and talking to real people about what shoes they think are "must haves."

Sneaker enthusiast gas everything up, the regular consumer just buys what they like which is is usually retro J's and shoes that look great casually.

In real life, last years sig pack along with the Barkley Posites and Air Force Max's had more than enough demand.

People are just getting caught up in the moment right now, it happens all the time.

if forging irns were limited, they couldnt have been that limited considering that so called resellers were begging for people to take them off of their hands at retail or a few bucks higher for a few weeks after the release

if forging irns were limited, they couldnt have been that limited considering that so called resellers were begging for people to take them off of their hands at retail or a few bucks higher for a few weeks after the release

According to JM, they were a lot more limited than the 25k number that was out there. Maybe he's incorrect, or maybe this is one of those rare instances where limited doesn't necessarily equal high demand.

Well the first thing is the simple fact that the XI > X from a model standpoint in reference to looks as well as sales, performance not so much at least to Lebron's preference (the only preference that really matters) on top of both colorways are better than last years ASG's and BHM's imo :rolleyes there wasn't any real hype around either of last years stuff compared to this years stuff do if guys are actually worrying I think they have reason but I actually think it's more so excitement and dudes can't wait to get their hands on 'em :nthat:

dont get caught up in that sales hype because the numbers are skewed simply for the fact that there has only been (maybe one) limited release. and even that release wasnt that limited.

so with 95% of this model being super GR and easy to get a hold of (and i welcome that) and one semi limited release, of course sales are gonna be up 20%

as to the physical appearance to this shoe is concerned, thats strictly your opinion. i personally dont like this shoe very much and dont think its better than the X at all other than the great colorways.

According to JM, they were a lot more limited than the 25k number that was out there. Maybe he's incorrect, or maybe this is one of those rare instances where limited doesn't necessarily equal high demand.

could be. i am not disputing the fact that they were limited...even if they were, they were an easy cop even if you didnt get them at retail. IMO kinda like the xmas IXs were.

i still see dudes trying to get them off for 275-300 which is only about 50 bucks over retail

The fact that they're a predominantly orange shoe also puts them in direct competition with the LeBron IX All-Star too. Side by side, the IXs have more bells and whistles than them, so people are probably looking there for their orange LeBron needs.

I don't remember JM having anything to say about the FIs until after they released

And even then he just he heard there were way less forging irons than the number Matt Powell reported.

For everyone that's nervous about releases, put it this way.. besides Forging Irons, what else have you really struck out on??

THIS.

Actually, as already stated, when it comes to certain releases, people come out of the woodwork for the shoes. Think about how many people started posting when the champ pack or the corks dropped. People buy hype shoes.

Yeah...That's the exact opposite of fact, and just simply not true.

I hope you're not basing "hype" on what you're seeing here on NT inside a thread where ppl are buying every single color in one model.

It's never as accurate as being in the streets and talking to real people about what shoes they think are "must haves."

Sneaker enthusiast gas everything up, the regular consumer just buys what they like which is is usually retro J's and shoes that look great casually.

In real life, last years sig pack along with the Barkley Posites and Air Force Max's had more than enough demand.

People are just getting caught up in the moment right now, it happens all the time.

Ok where do I start.....

The XI has already been proven to be a better seller than the X model and that's a FACT, not sure where you have been.....

And whether you believe it or not NT and other forum/boards dictate what's hot in the streets from a sneakerhead standpoint other than the STREETS you speak of where everyone buys up all the retro Jordan's coming out, I been off Jordan's for a while now but that's another story.....

As far as last years sig pack it was some more hype around the pack because of the Barkley Posites and the Air Force Max's (my personal favorites) and other stuff but I was only talking about the BHM/ASG X Lebron's vs BHM/ASG XI Lebron's not the entire All star packs buddy :smh:

Don't get me wrong there was some hype around last years BHM and ASG's but not nearly as much as this years :rolleyes

I am really looking forward to the BHMs I was about to double up on the KPs and then I saw that on foot pic.

I think the purple and gold works perfectly with the black posite.

Can't wait. 

pimp.gif

could be. i am not disputing the fact that they were limited...even if they were, they were an easy cop even if you didnt get them at retail. IMO kinda like the xmas IXs were.

i still see dudes trying to get them off for 275-300 which is only about 50 bucks over retail

Yep every time I see a FI price, I have to remind myself that they retailed for $250+tax+shipping. (1) Nike, please don't do that with any of these upcoming ones. (2) Lots of folks are basically selling FI's or no profit or a loss after fees and shipping. Glad the XI's aren't a reseller's boon (yet) like a lot of the X's. Time will tell.

Last edited:
For everyone that's nervous about releases, put it this way.. besides Forging Irons, what else have you really struck out on??

THIS.

Actually, as already stated, when it comes to certain releases, people come out of the woodwork for the shoes. Think about how many people started posting when the champ pack or the corks dropped. People buy hype shoes.

There's no un-ringing the bell once some nickname or hype engine like "dem glow in the dark grape brons" hits twitter and IG.

I was refering to how everything has been a GR. Which is how Nike should do everyshoe.

Back
Top Bottom