Left Handed Lay ups a lost art in the NBA today

nobody Left is like Sheeds....dude can play with his left if he wanted to and still be effective (whatever that is) SMH

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

its a lost art but name 10 people who can explode off their Right leg the same way they can off their left. I know I cant

actually i can name 10 people like that i used to go to AAU tournys and stuff and a lot of coaches made sure thatplayers had this skill before some tournys
I guarantee u that most HS and college can't make the team with out being ableto finish with both hands. Tony Parker played in France do u think he would
of made it as a Pg on an America HS team shooting lay ups like that Lamar odom gets a pass because he is a big guy but hedoes not finish with his right as well

And for ur comment DC if this topic was on Inside the NBA charles Barkey would have a league BBQ roasting some of theseguys

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Melo...complete game
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

false. and i like dude

No......on the offensive side of the ball there is nothing he can't do....absolutely nothing. Post, mid-range, 3-point, drive. He has it all....but onthe defensive side..................

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Go Watch Eric Devendorf....really has a better off hand then 95% of people on any level.

It's nice to watch. And it is a lost art.

Nothing better then his up and under lefties
pimp.gif

If anything the amount of ambidextrous fools in the NBA has increased. But remember it is cool to say "Today they don't do _____ like they usedto"

It has to stop sometimes.

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

And for ur comment DC if this topic was on Inside the NBA charles Barkey would have a league BBQ roasting some of these guys

He is the main one when it comes to playing the generational card. He's clearly biased man
roll.gif

as for complete game, i was referring to this question "Can_____ impact a game w/o scoring?"...Melo cant do that.

"complete" game doesnt not equal complete offensive game. one can be a total killer on O and a lamb on defense.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

as for complete game, i was referring to this question "Can_____ impact a game w/o scoring?"...Melo cant do that.

"complete" game doesnt not equal complete offensive game. one can be a total killer on O and a lamb on defense.

I covered that in my OG post

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

Nash
?

Nash drives left and finishes with his left more than he does drives right and finishes with his right.
Exactly, Nash has one of the better off hands in the league.

I think all players in the NBA can finish with their off hand. However, alot more these days present their off hand alot less than in the past. Itseems that only when they are wide open, or know for damn sure its going to go in, they use the off hand. But, when it is in crunch time, and in a toughsituation, it seems damn near 90% of the NBA sticks with their regular hand, regardless of what kind of play it is (considering they are in the situation touse both).

But yes, I think with alot less players showing their skill with the off hand, it is starting to be a lost art. It seems that its not even expected anymore tobe able to finish with both hands.

Best off hands in the league belong to JO7, like JB said. Too bad for the knee injuries
frown.gif

this thread makes no sense. i see tons of guys laying it in with their off hand practically every game. when you're that big and the ball is practically akid's toy, it's not that hard to make it 2 inches from the basket.

This is the most random thread...I see left handed layups all the time. + you mention Steve Nash and he's known for being so adept with his left.

Someone tell this to Rajon Rondo...he's usually effective, but in Game 5 he was missing several of his trademark right-handed layups on the left side.

Originally Posted by Killah monkey

Shooting left-handed fade-away 3's =
pimp.gif

who else but no.24?

Rasheed Wallace could shoot 3's with both his right and left hand. I believe he was doing it on the All-Star game as well. I don't really know anyother player who could do it like him on a regular basis, not even Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom