LEGIT CHECK SPACE JAM PLEASE. Thanks!

Damn we're responding at the same time! Lol...

I agree. Way too icy, and I dunno about the heel tabs... Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but the right looks higher than the left, and the 23's look crooked. But then again it could be the angle of the picture

Damn we're responding at the same time! Lol...

I agree. Way too icy, and I dunno about the heel tabs... Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but the right looks higher than the left, and the 23's look crooked. But then again it could be the angle of the picture

Crooked 23s are common with the 09 space jams. My release day footlocker pair is crooked. The only reason I'd say these are GM is because of th icy soles. Otherwise you've got a solid pair of space jams. Grey market and unauthorized but solid none the less.

Crooked 23s are common with the 09 space jams. My release day footlocker pair is crooked. The only reason I'd say these are GM is because of th icy soles. Otherwise you've got a solid pair of space jams. Grey market and unauthorized but solid none the less.

Like I said my dude, I figured it was the angles the pics were taken at.. My SJ's weren't that crooked, but I have heard that some came like that. The icy sole is obviously the biggest thing that sticks out though

Like I said my dude, I figured it was the angles the pics were taken at.. My SJ's weren't that crooked, but I have heard that some came like that. The icy sole is obviously the biggest thing that sticks out though

Yeah the 23 on my space jam ls are pretty crooked and they were purchased from foot locker. Hence why I don't think the 23 is a good way to determine authenticity. There are only 2 reliable ways to determine if a pair of 11s is GM. Either the icyness of the soles or their is a major apparent flaw is seen without the bgrade stamp. I've seen tons of legit checks here where people clame "high patent leather cut" and I can show you tons of retail pairs including mine that have higher cuts then a lot of GMs I've seen. Some say that the widows peaks on the patent leather are indications that a shoe js GM but ive got 4 pairs of 11s with them and theyre all retail pairs. Same goes for the 23s. So many retail pairs have warped and not perfectly square 23s. We've gotta find some more reliable ways to differentiate cause a lot of the aspects we're looking at are way too inconsistent to begin with.View media item 563275

Last edited:
Yeah the 23 on my space jam ls are pretty crooked and they were purchased from foot locker. Hence why I don't think the 23 is a good way to determine authenticity. There are only 2 reliable ways to determine if a pair of 11s is GM. Either the icyness of the soles or their is a major apparent flaw is seen without the bgrade stamp. I've seen tons of legit checks here where people clame "high patent leather cut" and I can show you tons of retail pairs including mine that have higher cuts then a lot of GMs I've seen. Some say that the widows peaks on the patent leather are indications that a shoe js GM but ive got 4 pairs of 11s with them and theyre all retail pairs. Same goes for the 23s. So many retail pairs have warped and not perfectly square 23s. We've gotta find some more reliable ways to differentiate cause a lot of the aspects we're looking at are way too inconsistent to begin with.
bro its like a checklist..

outta 5-6 things if the shoe in question has more than 2-3 issues its GM. I would never say just GM bc of a PL cut or just 1 misaligned pod - we all know this could be some JB issue... However when you have a bad PL cut, a stretched(NOT crooked)23, and icey soles and skinny laces and misaligned pods etc etc etc... Its GM.

If you LCed your pair above i would say they were 100% legit, even with a crooked 23. Because its the correct 23 and everything else checks out.

I personally think the 23 is a great starting point to tell legit vs fake. Look closely at the pic ( L pair is an RD SpaceJam...R pair is a GM "custom"). sideways,crooked, or upside down the 23 should ALWAYS look like the one on the Left.

Last edited:
bro its like a checklist..

outta 5-6 things if the shoe in question has more than 2-3 issues its GM. I would never say just GM bc of a PL cut or just 1 misaligned pod - we all know this could be some JB issue... However when you have a bad PL cut, a stretched(NOT crooked)23, and icey soles and skinny laces and misaligned pods etc etc etc... Its GM.

If you LCed your pair above i would say they were 100% legit, even with a crooked 23. Because its the correct 23 and everything else checks out.
I understand what you're saying and see where youre coming from but that's not how manufacturing and production works. It's what I do for a living. I've seen plenty of pairs of 11s that could easily have 2-3 of those flaws. If you have a manufacturing process that is capable of having 6 different errors/inconsistencies that means there are 6 individual and independent potential errors in your process. If 1 or 2 of these things can happen on one pair of legit retail pairs they ALL can potentially be present on one pair. To limit it to 2 or 3 things on a check list would statistically make a ton of release day pairs GM. When you're dealing with mass produces products that's what the reality is. Quality Control doesn't go through a check list and say "okay it only has 2 out of 5 errors let them through" if they'll let them through individually they will let them through if multiple are present.

I personally think the 23 is a great starting point to tell legit vs fake. Look closely at the pic ( L pair is an RD SpaceJam...R pair is a GM "custom"). sideways,crooked, or upside down the 23 should ALWAYS look like the one on the Left.

And as far the 23 goes, my retail Concords look more like the right than the left. My "3" is wider than the "2" like the fakes. And mine are DS
View media item 563363

Last edited:
And as far the 23 goes, my retail Concords look more like the right than the left. My "3" is wider than the "2" like the fakes
DUDE.. SMH.. the 3 is NOT wider.. the material the 23 is on is stretched just making it look this way..They dont put the numbers on 1 at a time.. Its a screen w both #s at the same time.The whole 23 is skewed at the bottom bc of the material behind it being stretched when sewn but THAT 23 is good IMO.

Idk. like i said its a good starting point not a deciding factor. Just part of the checklist.

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying and see where youre coming from but that's not how manufacturing and production works. It's what I do for a living. I've seen plenty of pairs of 11s that could easily have 2-3 of those flaws. If you have a manufacturing process that is capable of having 6 different errors/inconsistencies that means there are 6 individual and independent potential errors in your process. If 1 or 2 of these things can happen on one pair of legit retail pairs they ALL can potentially be present on one pair. To limit it to 2 or 3 things on a check list would statistically make a ton of release day pairs GM. When you're dealing with mass produces products that's what the reality is. Quality Control doesn't go through a check list and say "okay it only has 2 out of 5 errors let them through" if they'll let them through individually they will let them through if multiple are present.
bro we arent looking to be 100% accurate all of the time here..Can 1 or 2 slip through the cracks? sure. I mean i understand where you are coming from but that 1 true pair you speak of with 6 flaws is 1 in a million IMO.

Look man Im a graphic designer and I have things manufactured. NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM will the manf process make a 23 larger or smaller or stretch it out this much. Crooked, upside down or something I totally agree.. MOST fakes have a different font all together. A misaligned pod, bad PL cut, rounded heel, glue marks sure 100% can be Fd up in the manf process. People make mistakes.

But a machine aint changin the fonts at random or sewing white lines on a tag when it should be blue or adding a blue sole when it should be clear.. Agree?

Last edited:
DUDE.. SMH.. the 3 is NOT wider.. the material the 23 is on is stretched just making it look this way..They dont put the numbers on 1 at a time.. Its a screen w both #s at the same time.The whole 23 is skewed at the bottom bc of the material behind it being stretched when sewn but THAT 23 is good IMO.

Idk. like i said its a good starting point not a deciding factor. Just part of the checklist.
I'm just going off of my own common sense. Maybe im looking at something wrong but I don't see what makes those fakes heel tab material any less stretched than my pair. You're dealing with flexible material not a flexible stamp. We know that GM pairs can come with squarish 23s too. And of course that pair with all of those 6 flaws is probably unlikely but that was just to emphasize my point. but 2-3 is more than plausible. as for the missaligned pods thats always a hit or miss and can vary greatly even between shoes of the same pair. not so much with the 2000-2001 releases but a lot more with the 2009+ releases. I'm not trying to pick fights with you or anything Timmy. I'm an engineer and I work with manufacturing of all kinds and my comments are based off what my experiences tell me. Don't get me wrong though I know what a stretched 23 looks like. Fakes are notorious for them. Case in pointView media item 563379
And that last part I completely agree. Wrong color stitching, blue tint where it's supposed to be clear. That's just wrong. Not am error in manufacturing. We can call those fake or whatever all day. But if all were coming down to is icyness of the sole I'm not gonna go and tell someone their shoes are fake and they should get a refund. You know? IMO opinion that's what a true GM shoe is. The same as the original, just new and fresh. Once you deviate from that you're dealing with a replica/fake.

Last edited:
I'm just going off of my own common sense. Maybe im looking at something wrong but I don't see what makes those fakes heel tab material any less stretched than my pair. You're dealing with flexible material not a flexible stamp. We know that GM pairs can come with squarish 23s too. And of course that pair with all of those 6 flaws is probably unlikely but that was just to emphasize my point. but 2-3 is more than plausible. as for the missaligned pods thats always a hit or miss and can vary greatly even between shoes of the same pair. not so much with the 2000-2001 releases but a lot more with the 2009+ releases. I'm not trying to pick fights with you or anything Timmy. I'm an engineer and I work with manufacturing of all kinds and my comments are based off what my experiences tell me. Don't get me wrong though I know what a stretched 23 looks like. Fakes are notorious for them. Case in point

And that last part I completely agree. Wrong color stitching, blue tint where it's supposed to be clear. That's just wrong. Not am error in manufacturing. We can call those fake or whatever all day. But if all were coming down to is icyness of the sole I'm not gonna go and tell someone their shoes are fake and they should get a refund. You know? IMO opinion that's what a true GM shoe is. The same as the original, just new and fresh. Once you deviate from that you're dealing with a replica/fake.
Ok i feel ya, im not trying to argue either bro we are all friends here, I just dont wanna advise some poor kid to spend $200+ on a pair of questionable kicks is all. I would want someone to tell me if i didnt know and he trusts in our judgement and knowledge.. I would rather be 100% than 75% with someone elses $.. I mean i think we both know they are GM anyway.. ^^^ LOL at them 23s for sure, bro had kankles or somethin.

It just feels wrong to tell someone something is legit when you know its more than likely not. JUST the icey sole alone i would advise not to buy bc we 95% know its prob not 4yrs old..UNLESS the OP understands what a GM is and is looking for a GM pair for some weird reason.

*notice my first comment was only about the sole, not PL cut, rounded midsoles or a 23 issue- these all looked fine to me.

Just so i understand...So theoretically as of right now you would say these are "solid". However if OP posted a pic of the inside tongue tag on the shoes in question when he posted pix and the lines were white instead of blue you would call them fake?

OP, we need to know what color are the vertical lines on the inside of your tongue tag? These are either GMs or the best preserved pair of legit SJs ive ever come across.

Last edited:
Ok i feel ya, im not trying to argue either bro we are all friends here, I just dont wanna advise some poor kid to spend $200+ on a pair of questionable kicks is all. I would want someone to tell me if i didnt know and he trusts in our judgement and knowledge.. I would rather be 100% than 75% with someone elses $.. I mean i think we both know they are GM anyway.. ^^^ LOL at them 23s for sure, bro had kankles or somethin.

It just feels wrong to tell someone something is legit when you know its more than likely not. JUST the icey sole alone i would advise not to buy bc we 95% know its prob not 4yrs old..UNLESS the OP understands what a GM is and is looking for a GM pair for some weird reason.

*notice my first comment was only about the sole, not PL cut, rounded midsoles or a 23 issue- these all looked fine to me.

Just so i understand...So theoretically as of right now you would say these are "solid". However if OP posted a pic of the inside tongue tag on the shoes in question when he posted pix and the lines were white instead of blue you would call them fake?

OP, we need to know what color are the vertical lines on the inside of your tongue tag? These are either GMs or the best preserved pair of legit SJs ive ever come across.

Yeah I mean I know they're GM just based on the icy sole. My whole issue is let's not try forcing the same criteria we've used to distinguish actual replicas from authentic shoes. I've just seen too many release day pairs with the same flaws to jump and say
They're GM solely based those inconsistent things. Icey soles is a good solid indication. And so is the the different color stitching on the inside tag. Because those are supposed to be a certain way, no if ands or buts about it. You can be 100% sure that a pair of space jams with blue tinted soles are GM, you can be 100% sure that concords with a clear toe cap are early release. You can be 100% sure that if the shoe doesnt have real carbon fiber its a replica. but when look at something such as patent leather height of all the release day 11 you've actually seen and the heights range from let's say 1 inch to 2 inches how can you say with any certainty that the one pair that has a height of 2.1 inches isnt legit? You know? Everything else just is too inconsistent and varying to use as concrete evidence. Unless they're like obviously wrong like that last 23 I posted. Cause it's going to come a point where we won't be able to use "they're too Icey" to distinguish them, so what do we do then?

Last edited:
Yeah I mean I know they're GM just based on the icy sole. My whole issue is let's not try forcing the same criteria we've used to distinguish actual replicas from authentic shoes. I've just seen too many release day pairs with the same flaws to jump and say
They're GM solely based those inconsistent things. Icey soles is a good solid indication. And so is the the different color stitching on the inside tag. Because those are supposed to be a certain way, no if ands or buts about it. You can be 100% sure that a pair of space jams with blue tinted soles are GM, you can be 100% sure that concords with a clear toe cap are early release. You can be 100% sure that if the shoe doesnt have real carbon fiber its a replica. but when look at something such as patent leather height of all the release day 11 you've actually seen and the heights range from let's say 1 inch to 2 inches how can you say with any certainty that the one pair that has a height of 2.1 inches isnt legit? You know? Everything else just is too inconsistent and varying to use as concrete evidence. Unless they're like obviously wrong like that last 23 I posted. Cause it's going to come a point where we won't be able to use "they're too Icey" to distinguish them, so what do we do then?
IMO the GMs will never age 4 yrs faster to catch up to the RD Cords/Jams.. I mean we can tell a 2000 SJ sole from a 2009 right?. There is 8+ more yrs of age on it. IDK. I see what your saying in theory.. However yellow and blue make green, so ALL of the GM SJs with a blue sole are greenish and the other ones will be as yellow as the 09 SJs are now, pretty much just around the pods.. where the RDs IMO should in theory show more yellowing. Same goes for the Cords, they will continue to yellow 4 yrs ahead of the GMs.. Will some fall through the cracks, sure but i still think we will be able to spot 85% of the GMs on any given Sunday.

Last edited:
Another pix I got from the seller.
well they are not white as i suspected they would be. However i have seen on NT one of the blue sole ones with the blue lines..IDK that sole is telling my gut GM but Im on the fence with this pair honestly. Pretty much everything checks out even the box looks good.. but that sole?? could it be the pix makin it look so icey or something? Has the seller seaglowed them or anything?.. If not I would love to know how he stored them if they are legit!!! If not this is the 1/1,000,000 GM pair that is on point.

Last edited:
That last pic doesn't look all that icey... perhaps icey vs none is not all that much of an indicator as everything else stacks up?

I have the shoes right now. Which part of the shoe do I need to take picture just to confirm 100% if they are legit or not

Back
Top Bottom