Legit Work from Home Thread vol. Money on the Couch

Demand Studios is legit. Made some $$$ off them a few years ago. I still have $ in my paypal account from them lol. I was about to start back but it looks like they put up a lot of hurdles just to get to the assignments now.

Checking out some of the other sites mentioned.

Edit: Write.com isn't accepting any new members at the moment. oDesk you have to take a few tests before beginning.

Last edited:
so ihave two questions.

where can i buy a green lava lamp?

and besides writing and graphic design (im not a creative person) is there anything else i can do to make some extra cash onthe computer?
Yeah, man...oDesk has call center jobs, tech support jobs, marketing jobs, data entry jobs...it's like an online job fair except you have to keep finding work.

Oh, and on the other question, eBay I guess...betting you won't find one on the Cowboys website where I bought mine lol

Time Planner, eh The Nomad? I'm buttcheeks at managing time and keeping schedules, so that might be something I need to get into.

Last edited:
Well I go to Chamber of Commerce functions, parties, and special events as long as the people can benefit me financially. I take my girl and mingle with folks, the old fashion way. The Roger Sterling way, just drink and be real and reassure them you're all about making money.

Every time I go to a function I come back with a new client. It's best to do things on your own and let your resume do the talking for you. 

If you're self employed NEVER make the pitfall of taking on something you can't handle or not qualified for just because you're hungry. It's suicide, I've done it before and a lot don't make it back from it luckily I did.

Don't make too many friends either in your field, stay small and humble, create a fort and protect it at all cost. "Friends" will hurt you later. Be social but NEVER friendly and open.

If I became an established freelanced writer would I be able to put it on my resume for future career opportunities?

Or is this considered just a side hustle?

Also, how long are writing samples supposed to be?

If I became an established freelanced writer would I be able to put it on my resume for future career opportunities?

Or is this considered just a side hustle?

Also, how long are writing samples supposed to be?
They'd probably want to see samples and hear some names that rang bells as far as your publishing credits go, but you can certainly use your experiences as a freelancer in finding other jobs. Most writers at *insert magazine here* were (or are) freelancers.

Also, they'll typically tell you how long they want your sample to be, but if not 3-500 words is a fairly standard number.
OP, you'll write papers for me?? I can compensate you.
Damn sure will if I'm qualified to do it. I've been doing people's homework for pay since middle school.
laugh.gif

Becoming a freelancer isnt easy in itself. You need to have a portfolio or some experience before anyone takes a chance on you. The pay sucks in the beginning as well. If this is just a hustle its not for you.

i work remotely 3 days a week 
laugh.gif
 not sure if thats what you meant but its nice. just use my vpn and remote desktop connection to log into my desktop at work. only problem is that i cant do large files 

Just signed up for oDesk. Hopefully I get this graphic design internship this summer, because my field (design) history for work history is looking
sick.gif
right now. album artwork and sneaker renderings can only get you so far.

anybody have any other websites i actually have a office job but considering i don't do **** all day i might as well make extra money lol

i work remotely 3 days a week 
laugh.gif
 not sure if thats what you meant but its nice. just use my vpn and remote desktop connection to log into my desktop at work. only problem is that i cant do large files 
laugh.gif
Look at it this way, you have to report to work 60% less than most other people. I bet most folk would take that.
Becoming a freelancer isnt easy in itself. You need to have a portfolio or some experience before anyone takes a chance on you. The pay sucks in the beginning as well. If this is just a hustle its not for you.
So true. Freelancing is a job, and half of that job is to keep finding work. It's challenging, but worth it IMO.
Just signed up for oDesk. Hopefully I get this graphic design internship this summer, because my field (design) history for work history is looking
sick.gif
right now. album artwork and sneaker renderings can only get you so far.
Good move. Might as well make some money while you build that portfolio up.
anybody have any other websites i actually have a office job but considering i don't do **** all day i might as well make extra money lol
Try Amazon Mechanical Turk. It's mostly little stuff like surveys and Google searches, but some are worth $2-5 and you can def make a few dollars in your spare time. ****, that used to be my bud and bottle money.
laugh.gif

I couldn't deal with my job anymore so I quit and now have to start over again. Will take a look into some of these sites. Might even bug you with a pm or two in the near future. Good looking on the thread.

Try Amazon Mechanical Turk. It's mostly little stuff like surveys and Google searches, but some are worth $2-5 and you can def make a few dollars in your spare time. ****, that used to be my bud and bottle money.

My man :nthat:

I've worked from home and I believe its an overrated experience. Its nice to work from your desk in a t-shirt and some shorts, but I'd rather be in the office for things like a crisis or staff meetings. Much easier to do things from an actual brick and mortar location than a virtual. Also, the better Wi-Fi and my own workstation with up to date hardware at the office is a plus.

+ the money is a sure thing.

Working from home is more like you have to work your *** off since you are doing it all by yourself.

I can work from home daily, but I come into the office more often than not. I cant concentrate in the house, as well as I can in the office. Plus its nice to have the flexibility of working from either location however I see fit.

I do think working from home is a much more difficult proposition than people think...Especially if you're self-employed. You really need a dedicated, quiet and relaxing work space to actually get things done without distraction.

I read all the responses but am not getting a sense of how much money you actually make in a normal month? I am doing a master's program, and wouldn't mind spending 10-15 hours a week doing something on the side to create an influx of funds as I need it. I can type quickly, and generally write well. Any idea how much I could make logging in 15 hours a week?

I used to write for Investopedia, paid 75$ an article and they had to be 600-800 words. The well of good ideas soon ran dry though and the editor I worked underneath quit and i havent heard anything from them since. Writing on the side is a good one as long as the articles don't have to be too lengthy or a mountain of research needs to be done for it.

I would always try to do at least 4 a month just to make I worth the time.

Last edited:
For the writing articles sites, what type of writing are you doing?
Blogging, Technical, Content, Creative, etc. Any type of writing that's out there, someone is willing to pay someone else to do it.
I read all the responses but am not getting a sense of how much money you actually make in a normal month? I am doing a master's program, and wouldn't mind spending 10-15 hours a week doing something on the side to create an influx of funds as I need it. I can type quickly, and generally write well. Any idea how much I could make logging in 15 hours a week?
You can eat if you are established. Some people make beans while some cake. They can charge their own hourly rate and because of their rate of success people will have no problem paying it.

Quote:
For the writing articles sites, what type of writing are you doing?
Every kind. It's assignment based, so you have no idea what it's going to be day-to-day unless you're working on a contract. To give you an example, today I've written a few 3-500 word articles about child abuse, Alcoholics Anonymous, football and sightseeing in popular cities. It varies, bro.
That really depends on your skills and sources. If you can do a couple things and know the right people to do them for, it is literally unlimited. If you're just looking to do a few things to kill time that would be otherwise wasted, I don't see why you would make less than minimum wage if you're actually about what you're doing. Myself, I work about 20 hours a week and make $5-600 on a good one. It's not THAT much, but I'm still kinda early in the game.
I can work from home daily, but I come into the office more often than not. I cant concentrate in the house, as well as I can in the office. Plus its nice to have the flexibility of working from either location however I see fit.

I do think working from home is a much more difficult proposition than people think...Especially if you're self-employed. You really need a dedicated, quiet and relaxing work space to actually get things done without distraction.
It really is tough, and people don't always get that. It's not a way out, just another way. Like I tell the Mrs. all the time, when I'm in my office I'm not actually at home, just really close.

Also, you NEED a dedicated space in which to work. You're not gonna get **** done with the TV on, trust me. Also, try to stay off NT during the day. (Hey, I'm self-employed, not perfect.)

COWBOYS ALL DAY!
All day and all night, damn ******* right.

Last edited:
Quote:
Every kind. It's assignment based, so you have no idea what it's going to be day-to-day unless you're working on a contract. To give you an example, today I've written a few 3-500 word articles about child abuse, Alcoholics Anonymous, football and sightseeing in popular cities. It varies, bro.

So does one need to have any sort of qualifications? Or just have a few samples written?

Back
Top Bottom