Let me give you all some relationship advice.

I can co-sign with most of OP's list...i dont get the office one though...jim looks to be a cool guy from the show and pam is so ever-worthy of my pipe...roy can #$$# off though..he's a douche.

I might reiterate some of the points but here's what I feel is essential to start a solid relationship:

- don't be overbearing on a person, even in an argument...esp. with girls...while it's true that girls do feel the need to cause/have drama within their lives...as a man you should know when/when not to get heated. And like OP said if something ain't feeling right, question her, do some reconnaissance and if it still doesn't feel right then pack up your $!$! and leave...but give it some time so that you can gather the intel

- communication, comprimise, and trust are crucial. while you don't need to give up alot of things in your life there will be certain situations where you need to sacrifice in some way in order to keep a "good" girl around and show her that you care. Trust is ever important, once it's lost its gone forever

- know what you want, and get that type of girl that your looking for...you don't ever need to settle but you should get as close as you can get to your ideal girl (realistically speaking) while NT'ers def. have an inflated sense of ego and think they're getting dimes, you need to find a girl that has looks you can deal with and a personality/character that you can never get tired of.

- when trying to court one of these females and make her your own be very explicit when talking about what you want from the relationship while leaving some implicit meaning here and there that should be fleshed out during the relationship. You don't need to throw rules at the girl from day 1 but you should let her know what kind of girl your looking for and be honest with yourself and her.

I can co-sign with most of OP's list...i dont get the office one though...jim looks to be a cool guy from the show and pam is so ever-worthy of my pipe...roy can #$$# off though..he's a douche.

I might reiterate some of the points but here's what I feel is essential to start a solid relationship:

- don't be overbearing on a person, even in an argument...esp. with girls...while it's true that girls do feel the need to cause/have drama within their lives...as a man you should know when/when not to get heated. And like OP said if something ain't feeling right, question her, do some reconnaissance and if it still doesn't feel right then pack up your $!$! and leave...but give it some time so that you can gather the intel

- communication, comprimise, and trust are crucial. while you don't need to give up alot of things in your life there will be certain situations where you need to sacrifice in some way in order to keep a "good" girl around and show her that you care. Trust is ever important, once it's lost its gone forever

- know what you want, and get that type of girl that your looking for...you don't ever need to settle but you should get as close as you can get to your ideal girl (realistically speaking) while NT'ers def. have an inflated sense of ego and think they're getting dimes, you need to find a girl that has looks you can deal with and a personality/character that you can never get tired of.

- when trying to court one of these females and make her your own be very explicit when talking about what you want from the relationship while leaving some implicit meaning here and there that should be fleshed out during the relationship. You don't need to throw rules at the girl from day 1 but you should let her know what kind of girl your looking for and be honest with yourself and her.

When you say don't try to change someone, what is the difference between bettering someone and trying to change them? I think change is just going to happen. If I get with a girl that is a little overweight, are you telling me to just "accept her for what she is." Meaning I should invite her to eat better and/or perform more physical activity?

When you say don't try to change someone, what is the difference between bettering someone and trying to change them? I think change is just going to happen. If I get with a girl that is a little overweight, are you telling me to just "accept her for what she is." Meaning I should invite her to eat better and/or perform more physical activity?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

you can try and force change all you want on another person but it's artificial...that person wouldn't have changed otherwise.  If you have that mindset your not looking for another person to make a relationship, your looking for a slave.
If you want to inspire change then I feel you should just lead your life the way you want to which will possibly inspire the other person to make changes to themselves.  You shouldn't get with a person based on one factor like looks, it should be the summation of everything that person's about and seeing if you can rock with that in a sustained relationship.

If your about physical activity and she might not be, then of course you should invite her but its a problem if you have to tell/command her.

you can try and force change all you want on another person but it's artificial...that person wouldn't have changed otherwise.  If you have that mindset your not looking for another person to make a relationship, your looking for a slave.
If you want to inspire change then I feel you should just lead your life the way you want to which will possibly inspire the other person to make changes to themselves.  You shouldn't get with a person based on one factor like looks, it should be the summation of everything that person's about and seeing if you can rock with that in a sustained relationship.

If your about physical activity and she might not be, then of course you should invite her but its a problem if you have to tell/command her.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Guys, your girl says she likes to be choked. Cut her loose.
alien.gif

Basically, if someone feels that they are perfectly fine, you can't really force change. They have to want change. With weight, if the girl you end up with would like to lose weight. Be encouraging and eat better with her. Don't say "hey babe, you wanna order some pizza and wings" then a month later "so I guess you just said screw losing weight huh?". Be a leader.

On the other hand, some things you just should avoid but sometimes don't know until you're with someone. Drinking and smoking. Those are things that are HARD to reverse once started. Stay at your own risk.

Ain't you a virgin though?
No. Never said I was. I just have a set of beliefs that differ from the norm here.

Straight common sense
Not so common when you realize many don't have it.

Basically, if someone feels that they are perfectly fine, you can't really force change. They have to want change. With weight, if the girl you end up with would like to lose weight. Be encouraging and eat better with her. Don't say "hey babe, you wanna order some pizza and wings" then a month later "so I guess you just said screw losing weight huh?". Be a leader.

On the other hand, some things you just should avoid but sometimes don't know until you're with someone. Drinking and smoking. Those are things that are HARD to reverse once started. Stay at your own risk.

Ain't you a virgin though?
No. Never said I was. I just have a set of beliefs that differ from the norm here.

Straight common sense
Not so common when you realize many don't have it.

Not sure why some of you hate on relationship advice. At least counter with an articulate point.

...Good points throughout. I definitely believe that there is a distinct difference between trying change someone, and trying to change someone for the better. Clear differences.

Not sure why some of you hate on relationship advice. At least counter with an articulate point.

...Good points throughout. I definitely believe that there is a distinct difference between trying change someone, and trying to change someone for the better. Clear differences.

Originally Posted by toast1985

But it is still all trying to CHANGE someone, is my point. Whether you use an aggressive or passive manner, it is still trying to change someone. Which is what I don't agree with. Change is BOUND to happen in a relationship. Any relationship between man and woman, there is going to be change. So for OP to say that trying to change someone i a big no no, I can't agree.

Now if we are going to discuss ways in which you can properly and effectively do it, then ok. But to say you shouldn't do it is fair tale talk.

But it is still all trying to CHANGE someone, is my point. Whether you use an aggressive or passive manner, it is still trying to change someone. Which is what I don't agree with. Change is BOUND to happen in a relationship. Any relationship between man and woman, there is going to be change. So for OP to say that trying to change someone i a big no no, I can't agree.

Now if we are going to discuss ways in which you can properly and effectively do it, then ok. But to say you shouldn't do it is fair tale talk.

Not to argue semantics here, but there are opportunities that you see in people that could help them outside your personal benefit. When its for selfish gain, it then becomes questionable.

Not to argue semantics here, but there are opportunities that you see in people that could help them outside your personal benefit. When its for selfish gain, it then becomes questionable.

I just learned about that in Social Psychology. People change in relationships. Men don't want their women to change and women always wanna change a man. 

I just learned about that in Social Psychology. People change in relationships. Men don't want their women to change and women always wanna change a man. 

Back
Top Bottom