let this thread die (NYK)

Not even NYK fans get bday shouts in the thread and you wanna shout this clown out?

j/p, HBD sir.
pimp.gif

We might actually see a repeat of Shump taking a lot of shots against OKC if Melo doesn't play.

I can't put that L on STAT or Melo or even Shump (1st back-back and national start)

We just didn't have the personnel. I blame Grunwald and Dolan.

laugh.gif
 @ everyone getting on Amare. Are yall forgetting what the team was doing before Carmelo came?? 
nerd.gif

I don't think Fields feel comfortable playing with Melo, either that or his best days has past smh.

Dude has practically been missing since that trade.

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
 @ everyone getting on Amare. Are yall forgetting what the team was doing before Carmelo came?? 
nerd.gif

What were they doing? Being mediocre?

Word..I swear dudes on NT swear the Knicks were 52-10 before Melo came..the team was good n played well together, but they weren't getting past the Celtics in the 1st round either...Yeah the Knicks got swept with Melo but when Amar'e got hurt we thought "Time for Carmelo to do some work"...And if the Knicks could close out that game where Melo went off and Jeffries dropped an easy pass with the game on the line, the Knicks probably win that game...But if you realistically think with Amar'e injured that a core of Wilson/Felton/Gallo/Mozgov was competing with the Celtics in that first round, you're fooling yourself.

The Nuggets have a much better supporting cast than the Knicks..Ty Lawson alone is better than any role player the Knicks currently have..Not to mention they had instant offense in JR Smith and great defender/rebounder in K Mart (before they went to China). They also had one of the best centers in the league in NeNe who can score at will against most centers..So to compare how well the Nuggets played after the Melo trade is BS because they already had a better overall team than the Knicks before that trade.

And if you wanna get real, look at the Nuggets this season. They're off to a great start with Felton on a different team, Wilson in China, and Mozgov averaging 4 points and 3.5 rebounds..The only person doing anything for them is Gallo...Maybe it's the coach? Everyone knows George Karl>Pringles

I actually want Melo to sit out this game against the Thunder...This will be a huge test for the supporting cast to see what they're capable of..They've looked terrible all season but everyone blames Melo for being a ball stopper n giving the offense no flow..Then everyone says Amar'e became a jumpshooter because Melo spends a good amount of time in the paint so he prevents STAT from being able to do the same.

So let's see what this team has in them..Will dudes like Landry, Shump, Bibby, TD, Walker, etc come out with passion and Amar'e comes out looking to carry the team like he did early last season, or will they all come out chucking shots like they did against the Grizz?

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Word..I swear dudes on NT swear the Knicks were 52-10 before Melo came..the team was good n played well together, but they weren't getting past the Celtics in the 1st round either...Yeah the Knicks got swept with Melo but when Amar'e got hurt we thought "Time for Carmelo to do some work"...And if the Knicks could close out that game where Melo went off and Jeffries dropped an easy pass with the game on the line, the Knicks probably win that game...But if you realistically think with Amar'e injured that a core of Wilson/Felton/Gallo/Mozgov was competing with the Celtics in that first round, you're fooling yourself.
i agree.. i would do that trade again if i had too... i dont think those players are better than melo and i think knicks fans can agree with that... but they are disappointed with the lack of depth and no bench for trading half the team for him if they just waited until summer 2011 to sign him... but then again this is all hypothetical and melo signing an extension with the nuggets or nets last year was still a possibility we couldn't risk... it just hurt us in the long run though for getting dwight or cp3 with no trade assets... but then again we would have to get rid of those guys regardless to make room for chandler..

I dunno...when it's Roger Mason and Ronny Turiaf and Andy Rautins, you throw em away to make room.
When it's real rotation players, your GM goes to work.

It's what you're aiming for, ain't it?? If we're aiming to play good basketball and maybe make it to the 2nd round every year, then cool. With or without the Melo trade, that's where we were headed. But if we're trying to beat the Heat, Bulls and OKC/LAL/DAL ... with Melo and CP3 already saying they wanted this to happen. You gotta pick your spots.

We had the trade assets and cap space to get Melo either way, so banking on calling Denver's bluff and waiting for a last minute trade that doesn't kill our assets or free agency makes more sense than trading everything for Melo...so that the very second 2011 free agency starts and we have NO assets to trade, not enough cap space for a max next year and can't even get into the conversation for CP3? Donnie saw it that way, Dolan didn't care.

Melo is a one-man army, Amar'e is just a weapon...a great one...point him in a direction, he'll knock a wall down, but this is what we settled on when we gave away everything and only had about 2/3 of our team completed.

You're lucky when a cheap team like the Suns would rather pay Josh Childress and Hakim Warrick instead of Amar'e. (they were idiots for that one) You're lucky when players like Amar'e, Melo and CP3 say NY or bust, because they wanna make a big 3. It's up to you to @@%% that up.
30t6p3b.gif

We could be in a much worse way than Baron Davis, Melo, STAT and Tyson as our core, but 5-12 is rough as hell.

I agree MrO, but what's more difficult? Signing role players or signing stars? I could list multiple teams with great role players that are 1 star away from being elite..Throw Melo on the Blazers and they're one of the best teams in the West (IMO)..People can call him a ball stopper all they want, but there are many great ISO players that have been successful in this league.

Essentially, Kobe is an ISO player..How often does Kobe score coming off the ball or curling around a screen? He goes 1 on 1 and shoots jumpers almost every time he touches the ball, and dude has 5 rings..Obviously 3 of them were with the most dominant player of the decade on his team, but he won 2 with Pau n an injury prone Bynum. But those Lakers teams had depth..Lamar off the bench to rebound and defend (not a bad scorer as well), Shannon Brown was an instant spark and a pretty good defender..The teams with Shaq had Robert Horry, Rick Fox, etc..All these teams had players that were either good defenders or good offensive players..The Knicks have very little of either coming off that bench. The Knicks 6th/7th man probably barely get any minutes off the bench on most NBA playoff teams.

The team will get the depth..Hopefully sooner than later...But that's the key to this team..When the starting 5 is on the court, even when down a few points we usually feel confident..But when the team has the bench players coming in, we all think "Ohhhh boyyy, here we gooooo"..That's not a feeling anyone should have about their team when expecting them to be a great team.

One last thing..I feel like Amar'e is the type of dude that needs guidance to be 100% productive. Unfortunately, MDT is not that guy..He can coach but he's not the mentor type of guy that Amar'e needs....STAT played great even with MDT in Phoenix but that was because he had Nash basically setting him up for easy buckets..But Alvin Gentry had Amar'e playing the best basketball of his career n he even carried them to the WCF and was very close to bringing them to the Finals. If the Knicks had a mentoring coach like Gentry, Amar'e would be an elite player in this league. Instead, we have him playing like Larry Johnson when he was about to retire.

the team has some good pieces in melo, amare, chandler, shump and maybe baron if healthy and playing well... and even though douglas is inconsistent he is a decent bench player... but everyone else is either garbage or overrated like fields and no im not a fan of harrelson... he plays good D sometimes but his offense is erratic to say the least... stop relying on the 3... next offseason the number 1 priority has to be a point guard and then try to fill the bench out with veterans minimums, trades or the draft and buy a pick... the nbdl might not be a bad choice either...

Back
Top Bottom