let this thread die (NYK)

If me thinking Deron , Melo, and Chandler > Amare , Melo , Chandler makes me and idiot ill PROUDLY wear the idiot hat 
laugh.gif

7 3/8 please 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

laugh.gif

Sky still isn't falling.

Word.

I actually saw some things I liked.

Jeffries and Chandler defensive combo looks like they can be real effective together. The Magic were just hitting every 3 today.

Toney Douglas looked comfortable. He played well. Landry Fields was a lot more active today too.

The offense looked a lot more fluent, there was a lot of good ball movement. Specifically in the 4th where we've been just iso'ing Melo every time down.

Amare is just relying on one on one offense right now and that's leading to a lot of forces. I still believe with a PG that he will be effective again.

Originally Posted by abutta13

we would instantly get better if we traded amare for deron.  makes both our offense and defense better.  i really hope i dont have to explain why.
I'm not entertaining this for the simple fact that the trade is not going to happen. It's dumb to even bring up, just like trading Amar'e for Dwight.

If yall don't like Amar'e and/or never liked the signing and/or don't like the pairing of him with Melo fine. I just hope yall keep the same sentiments for the duration of his stay in NY.

To be clear wanting to trade Amar'e because you don't think MeloxSTAT won't work when they haven't played a full season together makes you an idiot. I never said anything about us having a good pg making us a better team.

Pringles reminds me of George Bush.

The amount of *@%@! given in the face of stuff where 'if you just gave a small @*$%, @!%* would turn out decent' is so damn low.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

rd.

I actually saw some things I liked.

Jeffries and Chandler defensive combo looks like they can be real effective together. The Magic were just hitting every 3 today.

Toney Douglas looked comfortable. He played well. Landry Fields was a lot more active today too.

The offense looked a lot more fluent, there was a lot of good ball movement. Specifically in the 4th where we've been just iso'ing Melo every time down.

Amare is just relying on one on one offense right now and that's leading to a lot of forces. I still believe with a PG that he will be effective again.

I agree with this..Most teams will not hit 3s like the Magic did tonight..The Magic's FG% inside the 3 point line was not good at all, especially since Dwight was shut down...If they can keep playing that kind of defense, the offense will come eventually..Especially when Baron comes back..The Knicks don't need him to score 20 PPG, and with Shump on the team, they can put him on the team's quickest player because physically, Baron is strong enough to not get bodied by most Shooting Guards.

And, uhhhhhh...Why the hell did we sign Jeremy Lin? I figured they were gonna give him a week to learn the offense then throw him in off the bench to pass the ball around..I have only seen this guy play for 45 seconds..He's not a good offensive player but he's a capable passer so I don't see why he's not out there when Tyson n Amar'e are out there and need to be set up for easy baskets

10 points and 2 rebounds?

Didn't he also have a game of 6 points earlier this year or something?

What's the deal with him man...

ray felton had 12 dimes today... he was a pretty good piece to this squad last year. we need exactly what he provides.

one way or another.

Knicks average 23 3's a game, shoot 31% from behind the arc. Shot 37% last season.

Might want to look there for some answers on why the team is struggling on the offensive end. There goes half the points from last season.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

He was in foul trouble all game..He played like 6 minutes before the 4th quarter
grin.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

You didn't watch the game? He was in foul trouble for most of it. Team was doing well while he was on the bench and when he finally gets going a bit he doesn't get the ball for the rest of the 4th.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

we would instantly get better if we traded amare for deron.  makes both our offense and defense better.  i really hope i dont have to explain why.
I'm not entertaining this for the simple fact that the trade is not going to happen. It's dumb to even bring up, just like trading Amar'e for Dwight.

If yall don't like Amar'e and/or never liked the signing and/or don't like the pairing of him with Melo fine. I just hope yall keep the same sentiments for the duration of his stay in NY.

To be clear wanting to trade Amar'e because you don't think MeloxSTAT won't work when they haven't played a full season together makes you an idiot. I never said anything about us having a good pg making us a better team.

I can care less if they played 5 games together . Stoudemire has been a piss poor defender and a average rebounder his whole career . Without that explosion and knock down midrange jumper his contract looks VERY bad. The lebron and Wade struggles don't really compare either because their only problem was that they didn't know how to close out games, both those guys were top 5 in the league in scoring all season long last year their stats looked identical to what they did before they joined forces. Even if Stoudemire gets his mojo back on the offensive end I highly doubt him and Melo will both be averaging 25+ points a game like Lebron and Wade did last season. The funny part about it is they averaged those points with a 3rd option who needed his shots also.

Ever since this time warner & msg dispute I call it karma for that idiot Dolan to raise prices on a product that haven't won anything yet.

But the Magic shot the ball crazy like we did to Chicago last year

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I can care less if they played 5 games together . Stoudemire has been a piss poor defender and a average rebounder his whole career . Without that explosion and knock down midrange jumper his contract looks VERY bad. The lebron and Wade struggles don't really compare either because their only problem was that they didn't know how to close out games, both those guys were top 5 in the league in scoring all season long last year their stats looked identical to what they did before they joined forces. Even if Stoudemire gets his mojo back on the offensive end I highly doubt him and Melo will both be averaging 25+ points a game like Lebron and Wade did last season. The funny part about it is they averaged those points with a 3rd option who needed his shots also.
So what's the point of me discussing this with you? What you just stated about STAT is something everybody should've known when he signed the contract.

I'm not comparing LeBron and Wade's struggles I'm comparing ppl saying that those two couldn't play together which was said when they teamed up.

If you're gonna doubt it go ahead and doubt it. Seems you've had your mind made up for quite a while when it comes to their pairing.

I just want to win I don't give a rats @#$ about a player who doesn't at least TRY to honor the team and his contract . How many times have we seen dude just move out the way when someone is driving the lane ? he has 4 blocks in 10 games that $#@! is just unacceptable . If it was someone like Billy Walker I wouldn't even care but when this play is coming from the self proclaimed 6 11' "beast" it pisses me off. Maybe I just got my hopes up way too high.

"We do have two rookies that have never been through a rookie camp or a camp," D'Antoni said, "and we get lost sometimes with switches, defensively or offensively. It's a struggle, remembering plays and different things. So those are normal adjustment periods we'll have."

D'Antoni said he could not say exactly when Davis will return to full practice. "Best-case scenario, for me? Yesterday," he said. "For him, I don't know. But I do think, come Thursday or Friday, we say, 'OK, we take another step' " in throwing Davis into more normal practice situations.

He's blaming the rooks now 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Remembering plays?

Like we have plays.....
indifferent.gif

Lost with switches? We switch everything, what's to confuse?

Get lost defensively? Who's job is it to correct this? So they don't make the same mistakes????????

Wow.

indifferent.gif
x infinity

Back
Top Bottom