let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Pringles reminds me of George Bush.

eek.gif
roll.gif

Every time I hear him talk I get this familiar feeling of frustration but I couldn't pinpoint what it reminded me of...You hit the nail on the head.

There was a Facebook post of Knicks' players remembering MLK and 90% of the comments were people complaining about the team playing like crap lately
laugh.gif
...Gotta love Knicks fans

This team will definitely be better than they currently are, but they're a far way from being contenders..They need a lot more depth off the bench. Their current bench is so bad, it's laughable..The good thing is the bench becomes deeper when B Davis plays because then there will be 1 more person out of the starting lineup that will help off the bench.

The one thing that annoys me most is Landry Fields..When the Knicks were making that trade for Carmelo, they made Landry virtually untouchable..They felt he had the potential of being a 15/8 player every night but so far he's looking more like a 5/3 player and it's not a good look..And this isn't a problem he's only had the beginning of this year..he was wack the end of last year as well..The thing that bothers me about him is that Walsh most likely could have replaced Landry for Wilson or Mozgov in that trade..The Nuggets definitely wanted Gallo because he gave them some of the offense they lost with Melo..And they wanted Felton to replace Billups..But they already had NeNe and they had more than enough shooting guards on that bench so they wouldn't have minded letting us keep Wilson if we gave them Landry...This dude was in the top 3 in rebounding among guards. Imagine how much more depth this team would have with Wilson Chandler instead of Landry
30t6p3b.gif
Now Landry's value is probably less than half what it once was..Nobody is giving anything more than an 8th or 9th man off their bench for Landry

The player formerly known as Agua ...
30t6p3b.gif
I'm telling you, we saw this before. Channing Frye. Amazing half a season, then right off a cliff. We thought it was rookie wall, but he never got it back. And even now on the Suns, he's good, but he's not what that half season promised. It's like dudes hit the NOS early on their careers.
tired.gif

If there was any weight to that rumor...that we had the choice between keeping Gallo or Fields and chose Fields...
sick.gif

We're gonna learn just about everything there is to learn about this team next week when B.Diddy gets back. Worst thing that happened in that trade was them sonning us into trading fatboy. If this team (I'm looking at you, Amar'e) ain't proper with a real point guard again ... [Spielberg tv show]

tried to pass out to NBAtv...hardwood classics, knicks-bulls '93...it hurts how much better Starks and Doc are than any guard we've put out this year.
it's crazy how organically that team moved and passed and defended.

we're a long long way away
30t6p3b.gif

Felton would be huge for this team. Pure pg that can dictate the pace of a game and flow of an offense. Idk if shumpert can ever develop that.

I really liked Felton's stint here, but oh well. No point in playing hindsight now. Let's just get the fire D'antoni chants going.

^ feel the same way but about Chandler he played good on both sides of the ball.

Still hoping he signs here after he returns to the States.

man I steady been saying fatboy was the biggest thing we lost, even though Wil was my favorite.

I've never been more attached to a Knick squad like those pre-Melo kids. It's like we were watching baby birds from birth learn to do some barrel rolls or some #%@+. I mean brick hands Mozgoon, needing a better TV to tell if that's Gallo or Agua, Landry's who are you game, Turiaf after anything happens, Rooster face, Toney ballin, Purp, the real Skywalker, AR sightings, Wil with the reverse, MVP Amar'e...

I know getting Melo trumps every argument easily, but Eddy goes and we add Tyson to that team...Shump and Jorts...maybe B.Diddy

man why'd you post that *$@#$%! picture?
laugh.gif

how bout a 'you're not Phil' chant?

Probably miss Mozgov the most. Mozzy! but I aint gonna live in the past.

Anyone else feel like Fields is done?

And what do you guys think the starting backcourt is gunna look like when Davis is back? The most talented would be Davis at PG and Shump at the 2.

I'm going off on a tangent here but if Davis is healthy there's no way a starting 5 of

Davis
Shump
Melo
Amare
Tyson

Isnt one of the best 5s in the league. Unfortunately our coach sucks.

that tear
laugh.gif
tired.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]6. Iman Shumpert[/h3]
Knicks fans might like to see Iman Shumpert higher than sixth, but playing out of position at point guard has led him to struggle at times this season. Shumpert is being asked to play outside of his comfort zone, and the numbers prove it. According to 82games.com, Shumpert has posted a PER of 2.2 as a point guard and 25.6 as a shooting guard. Right now, Shumpert is playing 25 percent of the Knicks' point guard minutes and 14 percent of their shooting guard minutes. On pick-and-rolls, Shumpert shoots just 24.1 percent from the field and commits turnovers 23.1 percent of the time. His PPP when using ball screens is 0.462, in the bottom 7 percent of NBA players. Those aren't point guard numbers, but Shumpert still deserves a ranking because of the talent he's displayed and the fact that he has performed so well during his short time as a shooting guard. When cutting off the basketball — like a shooting guard would — Shumpert is posting a PPP of 1.200 and shooting 66.7 percent. If the Knicks give him more minutes at shooting guard and Shumpert keeps these numbers up, he could rise into the top three of these rankings. If he continues to play most of his minutes at point guard, he might drop off the list completely.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
The Knicks sent two players down to the D-League Erie Bayhawks and coach Jay Larranaga: Jerome Jordan and Jeremy Lin.

Back
Top Bottom