let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Stop, please. I wish this thread could get back to normal.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

With Jorts and Shump back, we'll have way too many options off the bench. Crazy how deep we got during Linsanity.

Indeed. In a perfect world we cut Wale's frateral twin along with Mr. Momentum Killer...and even then we'd still have too many guys for a regular rotation.

Well okay, maybe not cut them, Heaven forbid we have more injuries but at least make them inactive most nights.

Shump, Jeffries, JR, and Baron gotta be the rotation off the bench right? And even at 9 I deep I think that's pushing it for Pringles. You GOTTA keep Novak in the rotation though don't you? That's 10 deep.........

I'm glad to see Jorts back but I don't think he's going to be getting much PT. Bibby's finna get cut any day now and Jerome Jordan doesn't see the light of day anyway.

People do know injuries do happen. That's why we have 3 reserved spot in case multiple players get hurt.

As much as you may hate him Douglas is worth a 2nd by his self

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

People do know injuries do happen. That's why we have 3 reserved spot in case multiple players get hurt.

As much as you may hate him Douglas is worth a 2nd by his self
Well I did say picks. I'm not gonna undervalue TD that much. I'm saying get 2 2nd round picks for both of them.

Rotation is going to be the toughest.

Had some time to kill.

ohwell.gif

Guard Rotation:

1. Lin / Davis / Shump
2. Fields / Shump / J.R.

Forward Rotation:

3. Melo / J.R. / Novak
4. Amare / Melo / Harrelson / Jeffries

Center Rotation:

5. Chandler / Amare / Jeffries

P.G.

Lin: 32 mins
Davis: 12 mins
Shump: 4 mins (strategically)

S.G.

Fields: 28 mins
Shump: 14 mins
J.R.: 6 mins

S.F.

Melo: 22 mins
J.R.: 18 mins
Novak: 8 mins

P.F.

Amare: 20 mins
Melo: 10 mins
Harrellson: 12 mins
Jeffries: 6 mins

C

Chandler: 30 mins
Amare: 10 mins
Jeffries: 8 mins

I think Amare should play some Center again. It was giving him an advantage.

Novak also plays minutes @ the 3 too. I'd like to see a Novak-Harellson-STAT front court just to see it work. The main focus would be on STAT to score with Josh in the corner or in the weak side post and Novak in the corners/wing. Obviously some weak points on that defense if we're running they can get some burn.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Recent pic of Michael Sweetney. Wow http://pic.twitter.com/DL4P5pAB

omg
sick.gif

That's impossible. We just saw him on the Celts and yeah he was fat but this guy is borderline obese. Why is son playing ball still? Finna to catch a heart attack on the court. He needs to go to celebrity fit camp or club or w/e it is to make fat ppl lose weight. That is dangerous. Look at sons fingers and arms. Look at his face.

To think we use to roast Eddy Curry for his weight.

30t6p3b.gif
I feel bad. Probably gonna run 5 miles in the morning. Son got a @$@#+ shook.

Good read on what has/is currently troubling Amar'e Stoudemire.

Can Amare Bounce Back?

Today's Burning Question: Can Amare Stoudemire turn it around in the second half? 

The numbers aren't pretty. 

Through the first 35 games of the season, Amare Stoudemire is averaging 17.5 points per game on 44 percent shooting -- the lowest totals in both categories since his rookie season. 

Some have speculated that he isn't healthy. But Stoudemire has said again and again that he feels fine. 

So that begs the question: are we seeing Stoudemire diminish before our eyes? 

For the Knicks, who signed Stoudemire to a five-year, $100 million contract in the summer of 2010, that's a scary proposition. 

In an interview on ESPN New York 1050's "The Michael Kay Show" on last Tuesday, interim general manager Glen Grunwald noted that Stoudemire was playing well before his brother,Hazell, died in a car crash earlier this month. And he expects him to bounce back. 

Stoudemire spent a week away from the team to mourn his brother's death. 

"I think we've just got to be patient with him," Grunwald said. "He was playing very well before he had that tragedy in his family and I expect him to get back to that level shortly." 

Just how long it takes Stoudemire to get back there -- if he gets there at all -- is one of the most intriguing story lines for the Knicks in the second half of the season. 

So far this year, Stoudemire has shown little explosiveness near the rim -- a career-high 9.6 percent of his shots have been blocked. 

Are his knees an issue? 

Stoudemire underwent microfracture surgery on his left knee in late 2005. He had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in April 2006. Because of the knee issues, Stoudemire's contract is uninsurable, making him less attractive as a trade piece. 

What about his back? 

Stoudemire spent most of the five-month lockout rehabbing a back injury that he suffered in the playoffs. This robbed him of the opportunity to play five-on-five, something he's mentioned often when discussing his performance in the first half of the season. The implication is that he's had to play catchup in-season, getting acclimated to the rhythm and intricacies of NBA game play on the fly. 

Another issue for Stoudemire earlier in the season was a lack of opportunity on the pick and roll.Tyson Chandler had become the team's primary screener on the pick and roll, robbing Stoudemire of opportunities at the rim. 

And then there's the ever-present elephant in the room: the strongly-supported theory that Stoudemire's game isn't the same with Carmelo Anthony. Can Stoudemire present evidence to refute that theory in the second half? 

Looking on the bright side, Stoudemire's makes and attempts at the rim have increased in February, since Jeremy Lin emerged as the Knicks' starting point guard, so perhaps that's a sign that Stoudemire can pick things up after the break. 

His field goal percentage has also jumped five percent in February. 

So this leads us to our question: Is this a sign of things to come? Can Stoudemire turn it around? Or will he continue to regress? 

Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. 

Originally Posted by d3simet

Source: Knicks Have Likely Inquired About Howard
Feb 26, 2012 11:55 AM EST

One Eastern Conference general manager believes the Knicks have inquired about trading for Dwight Howard, even though Howard has specified his preferred trade destinations as the Nets, Lakers and Mavericks.

“I’m positive the Knicks have called just in case Dwight changes up,

I think Stat will get it together soon, he's just looked rusty all year. Son just had a bad offseason.

Back
Top Bottom