let this thread die (NYK)

So they can't keep both Crawford and Williams?
frown.gif

[h4]With the game on the line[/h4]
Trailing by one or two points, or tied, in the final 24 seconds of regular-season and playoff games since 1996-97, with a minimum of 30 shots. From Alok Pattani of ESPN Stats & Information.
[table][tr][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Makes[/th][th=""]Attempts[/th][th=""]FG%[/th][/tr][tr][td]Carmelo Anthony[/td][td]21[/td][td]44[/td][td]47.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Paul[/td][td]14[/td][td]31[/td][td]45.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shawn Marion[/td][td]12[/td][td]30[/td][td]40[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brandon Roy[/td][td]12[/td][td]30[/td][td]40[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hedo Turkoglu[/td][td]12[/td][td]30[/td][td]40[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rashard Lewis[/td][td]18[/td][td]46[/td][td]39.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Glenn Robinson[/td][td]14[/td][td]36[/td][td]38.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Deron Williams[/td][td]14[/td][td]36[/td][td]38.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mike Bibby[/td][td]15[/td][td]39[/td][td]38.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dirk Nowitzki[/td][td]25[/td][td]65[/td][td]38.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jalen Rose[/td][td]12[/td][td]32[/td][td]37.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tim Duncan[/td][td]23[/td][td]62[/td][td]37.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eddie Jones[/td][td]13[/td][td]36[/td][td]36.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Karl Malone[/td][td]11[/td][td]31[/td][td]35.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ben Gordon[/td][td]17[/td][td]49[/td][td]34.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Webber[/td][td]18[/td][td]52[/td][td]34.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Raymond Felton[/td][td]12[/td][td]36[/td][td]33.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]LeBron James[/td][td]23[/td][td]69[/td][td]33.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ray Allen[/td][td]23[/td][td]70[/td][td]32.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gilbert Arenas[/td][td]13[/td][td]40[/td][td]32.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Vince Carter[/td][td]31[/td][td]96[/td][td]32.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steve Francis[/td][td]14[/td][td]44[/td][td]31.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Damon Stoudamire[/td][td]12[/td][td]38[/td][td]31.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nick Van Exel[/td][td]16[/td][td]51[/td][td]31.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kobe Bryant[/td][td]36[/td][td]115[/td][td]31.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jason Terry[/td][td]14[/td][td]45[/td][td]31.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Allen Iverson[/td][td]21[/td][td]68[/td][td]30.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kevin Garnett[/td][td]22[/td][td]72[/td][td]30.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ron Artest[/td][td]9[/td][td]30[/td][td]30[/td][/tr][tr][td]Allan Houston[/td][td]12[/td][td]41[/td][td]29.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Entire league[/td][td]2038[/td][td]6861[/td][td]29.7[/td][/tr][/table]

You see numbers like this and you wonder why Melo is never talked about as the best player in the NBA. Dude is the most clutch player in the league and far better than Kobe , Lebron , and Wade in the clutch. More than likely because of his defense or lack thereof 

That number is way higher than what I expected for LeBron and way lower than what I expected for Kobe

"@WojYahooNBA: Portland could extract as many as 3 draft picks for Gerald Wallace in possible multi-team Nets deal for Dwight Howard, league sources

If Gerald goes for picks then it looks like the Blazers are rebuilding. If he wants to compete then he'll come to NY.

Kobe being "clutch" is just a mirage , it's always been. I think it's because when he does hit a game winner it's the type of shot he hits (fadeaway 3's , 4 defender's draped on him, the steal and bucket in the phoenix series) makes people think he's clutch when in fact he's actually very average.

you cant get 3 picks for gerald wallace.

Woj just trying to pump the nets, he's on their payroll

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Since yall got Tyson I'm adopting the Knicks as my Eastern Conference team.

With the squad yall got now yall are top 3 in the East.

My biggest concern is that your coach sucks.

Perimeter play is gonna be more of an issue than Dantoni imo
I'll be rooting just b/c I want that Melo/Bron rivalry to be renewed and so Marshmelo can get more respect people stay sleepin on the guy
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Crawford that is

Edit: "@IamaGM: Eddy Curry, about facing the Knicks: "Looking forward to that game. All I think about is that game." http://t.co/A2C38RiK"

roll.gif
Jeez.....I despise Fat Eddy. I hope he get trapped in a Pound Cake facility and has to eat his way out.

^ Yeah ok. He looking forward to takeout Bistro burgers and praying his teammates make noise for him while he's 'rehabbing.'

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

"@WojYahooNBA: Portland could extract as many as 3 draft picks for Gerald Wallace in possible multi-team Nets deal for Dwight Howard, league sources

If Gerald goes for picks then it looks like the Blazers are rebuilding. If he wants to compete then he'll come to NY.

laugh.gif
Michael Jordan is terrible at his job if Portland can commit the robbery like that, 10 months later.

Yeah the Knicks payed you millions and gave you cash advances when you needed help. We were so mean

this makes everyone happy..
GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Mike D'Antoni is rarely vocal during his practices. This is something that has been evident since the day he arrived in 2008. It used to be his brother, assistant coach Dan D'Antoni, who handled most of the yelling during practice, but so far this season new assistant coach Mike Woodson has taken on the role.

"I don't have an issue," Mike D'Antoni said of Woodson's vocal presence. "He's talking about the defense and I'm going to talk about the offense. I can't step on his toes too much."

[h3]Knicks, Blazers, Bobcats, Pistons Emerge As Finalists For Reggie Williams[/h3]
Dec 14, 2011 12:39 PM EST

Williams_Reggie_gsw_101218.jpg

The Knicks, Blazers, Bobcats and Pistons are the four finalists for wing Reggie Williams, according to sources.

Williams was a restricted free agent of the Warriors, but they rescinded their qualifying offer to sign DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet.

ViaAdrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...s_Finalists_For_Reggie_Williams#ixzz1gXExCv7E
I think this is a signing we can all agree too...Reggie would make a good back-up at the 2 and 3.

Reggie is nice. He averaged 9 points shot 47% and 42% from 3 in 20 minutes a game last year and plays solid defense. He average 15 a game the year before last as a rookie
@WojYahooNBA Close
New York, Portland, Charlotte and Detroit are the four finalists for forward Reggie Williams, league sources tell Y! Sports.

@alanhahn: #Knicks pick-and-roll drill has been a dunk-a-thon. Emphasis on lobs for alley-oop lobs. Sure, no D in the way but still fun to watch.

Jonah Ballow @jonahballow
Pretty remarkable to watch @carmeloanthony drill the corner three-ball just about every attempt -- true definition of a scorer #Knicks

Jonah Ballow @jonahballow
You got to think the #Knicks are going to be dangerous in the halfcourt w/ their ability run pick-and-roll action & shooters in the corners

Jared Zwerling @JaredZwerling
One new thing expect to see this year is Landry Fields coming off screens more, a la Rip Hamilton. He's improved in that area.

Alan Hahn @alanhahn
After a few days of defense, with Mike Woodson taking the lead, #Knicks now working on offense, and now Mike D'Antoni is instructing. #fb

Alan Hahn @alanhahn
#Knicks pick-and-roll drill has been a dunk-a-thon. Emphasis on lobs for alley-oop lobs. Sure, no D in the way but still fun to watch.

1. Reggie Williams- To Caja Laboral- Spain - From Golden State Warriors- NBA Opt-out
The number of NBA player names continues to grow, as the lockout brought Reggie Williams to Caja Laboral to start his new season. Reggie Williams has an opt-out to go back to the NBA, when and if the season starts. The 6 ft. 6 inch guard was undrafted in the NBA, but has played well with Golden State for 104 NBA games, scoring 15.2 points per game for the 2009-10 season in 24 games and last year he averaged 9.2 points in 80 games. Williams has also played in Europe with French club Dijon.
NBA Stats 2009-10- 24(G)15.2(PT)32.6(M)49.5(FG)35.9(3PT)83.9(FT)4.6(R)2.8(A)
NBA Stats 2010-11- 80(G)9.2(PT)20.3(M)46.9(FG)42.3(3PT)74.6(FT)2.7(R)1.5(A)
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dude averaged 15 points and shot 50% from the field as a starter in his rookie year. I want to sign Williams more than Crawford now to tell you the truth[/font]

When Reggie gets hot, he goes lights out
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'd still take Shawne over him though. He isnt exactly the best defender, and doesnt do much besides shoots 3s.

smh @ this roster outside of our top 3 main guys
sick.gif

I know its still another year until 2012, but depth is several needed.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Jared Zwerling @JaredZwerling
One new thing expect to see this year is Landry Fields coming off screens more, a la Rip Hamilton. He's improved in that area.
hmmm
grin.gif

and reggie is instant offence, which we might need in the backcourt...

Back
Top Bottom