let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Watch the Nets bid on Baron just so he can't come here.
I can see the Russian pulling that b move.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i'd take Mo Will over Baron
Not me.

Mo Will couldn't average more than 12-13 PPG with LeBron getting quadruple teamed on a nightly basis. He wouldn't do anything on this team..Davis might be slower but he wouldn't be on the Knicks to be a run n gun type guy..He's there for his passing ability and despite being out of prime shape, he's still a great passer

Nah I think Mo Will averaged like 20 a game with Bron . I know he averaged that for a fact when he was "All Star Mo Williams" 
laugh.gif

scaled.php

Bring the goon home man 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'm fine with Baron, dude is an awful guy to have if your team isn't going anywhere but when dude is motivated he is still serviceable. Low-risk, high-reward move...The guy wants to be in NY to me, I'd be cool with it. Worst comes to worse he's out next year and we make the run at Nash.

Whats with all yall and these old %%$ stop gap pgs? I mean do you really want a %%+%%+% 38 year old nash running the point here? I mean id rather nash than baron but the way i see it none of those guys are viable options if we want to be a championship threat moving forward nornis td. The only guy on our roster and now with no picks and no cap space the only guy we have a chance at to take over the relms as this teams starting point moving forward is iman shumpert

So instead of doing this baron now, nash next year kinda @### how about we worry about the 1st round investment we just made and rOll the dice with shumpert. I mean we drafted him for a reason and if he can do something similar to what rondo did in boston or russell westbrook THAT right there is what we need. Forget about bdiddy or nash this is a young talnted team and old %%$ pgs are not the option. We need somebody young and athletic that can run the break and play d and i think we knew that and had exactly that in mind when we picked shumpert and than proceeded to sign chandler instead of going harder after cp3 or waiting for billups to expire and go after deron

We clearly felt that we had a better chance of having a franchise pg more than a center without using free agency thus we signed chandlerninstead of a point and the guy we have in mind and the only viable option i can see is shumpert and i like what i am seeing fromthe guy

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Watch the Nets bid on Baron just so he can't come here.

I could definitely see that. Prok is determined to troll the hell out of us for the rest of his life.

But we haven't seen anything from Shumpert yet.

I want it to be Shumpert too. A big, athletic PG would be a perfect fit, but I'm not sure he's ready to have so much pressure on him yet. He's not learning anything from Toney Douglas. I'd rather he play behind a guy like Nash who can help him grow.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Baron Davis motivated lobbing oops to Chandler and amare would be huge

Eddy Curry in shape dominating in the post would be huge, too.

[Jim Nantz voice] Nnnnnn-hello friends! [/Jim Nantz voice]

Count me in with everyone who has reservations about TD running point...

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by DubA169

Baron Davis motivated lobbing oops to Chandler and amare would be huge

Eddy Curry in shape dominating in the post would be huge, too.

Come on he ain't eddy curry level of useless. Most times he is in a big market for a game he shows out.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I want it to be Shumpert too. A big, athletic PG would be a perfect fit, but I'm not sure he's ready to have so much pressure on him yet. He's not learning anything from Toney Douglas. I'd rather he play behind a guy like Nash who can help him grow.

Yeah i forgot that rondo was an allstar pg when boston decided to start him... He wa the right fit an they had faith in him. We already invested our future in the man by using our last 1st rounder in gOd knows hOw long in him now we gotta have faith in him rather than going for these 35+ year old pgs as an alternative. The best baron or nash or bibby or whoever else can perform here is still nowhere near the ceiling that only shumpert can give us... The future is now my friends. Being proven is overated as %#*+. Sure baron davis has "proven" himself but during the past 3 or so years since he left golden state what the %#*+ has he proven that would make me want to take the chance on him as our pg any more than shumpert?? But unlike shumpert hes not 20 %%*$#+* years old and athletic

i rather have mo williams the all star instead of baron.... but i guess baron wouldn't be a bad worse case scenario 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Yeah i forgot that rondo was an allstar pg when boston decided to start him... He wa the right fit an they had faith in him. We already invested our future in the man by using our last 1st rounder in gOd knows hOw long in him now we gotta have faith in him rather than going for these 35+ year old pgs as an alternative. The best baron or nash or bibby or whoever else can perform here is still nowhere near the ceiling that only shumpert can give us... The future is now my friends. Being proven is overated as %#*+. Sure baron davis has "proven" himself but during the past 3 or so years since he left golden state what the %#*+ has he proven that would make me want to take the chance on him as our pg any more than shumpert?? But unlike shumpert hes not 20 %%*$#+* years old and athletic
I understand what you're saying, but you comparing Shumpert to Rondo is laughable.
Lets let Shumpert play a minute before we go there. Until then, having a couple veteren PGs being paid the vets minimum as an insurance policy isn't going to hurt.

i would love to have baron run the point...
grin.gif

and damn, the clips got CP....
so they got CP/billups/mo/bledsoe...

You know flirting with Crawford is gonna lose us Shawne though. Guaranteed. It's the Knicks way

Originally Posted by arrjae2

i would love to have baron run the point...
grin.gif

and damn, the clips got CP....
so they got CP/billups/mo/bledsoe...

Any chance we could get bledsoe from the clips if we gave up like td or someone?? Doesnt seem like theres much need for him in LA anymore hes at least their 3rd string right now

Edit: and why is a shumpert comarison to rondo so off based? Rondo was pretty much just as unproven as shump is now when they started him when they brought in their own big 3, both are great defenders and freak athletes with a raw offensive game, the only way it is off based or laughable is that the celtics gave rondo the oppurtunity to prove that a comparison would be laughable in the future and yall still seem like youd rather get these 40 year old pgs... I mean %*$! shump was even a higher draft pick than rondo was, if the celtics didnt start him he wouldnt have been where he is now but they did. Thats the major difference i see. I do not think these old %*+ pgs are worth not taking the risk on shumpert i really dont. Its not like we are turning down prover younger guys in favor of iman but guys like baron davis i really just dont see the point of going after just to start him over a guy we invested a 1st rounder in.

If we want to compare outselves to boston in terms of building a big 3 we als must realize te excellent decision they made to take the risk on an umnproven raw pg they thought would fit in well because of their excellent supporting cast allowing him to only play to his strengths, and turning down aging ex-all stars like sam cassell, gary payton, marbury, etc in order to take the risk on rondo, and they would not have been the same if they didnt.

How is our situation so different to that? Please explain cause im confused apparently

Rondo was a capable distributor in college. Shump had trouble getting the ball down low to Favors consistently. Now, that was a couple of years ago so maybe he matured enough, but I wouldn't wanna put too much pressure on the dude just yet as a ball handler. Just let him do his thing and continue to develop.

Shumpert does not have to lead the team. He needs to run the break effectively with 2 of the best finishing big men in the nba at his disposal, or pull out and give the rock to potentially the best pure scorer in the nba, watch him do his thing and occasionally hit the open 3. Only other thing he has to do is lOckdown opposing guards. Im not even saying he is our most talented pg just yet. However he might be, we dont know necessarily, but imo starting him is worth the risk right now regardless because What i will say is that he has the highest celing by far AND when it comes down to what this team needs right now from a starting pg shumpert is our best option because we do not necessarily need so bad areas of his game where he is raw/weak, and his strengths (defensive ability, size, speed, etc) are all areas of necessity.

Because of that i do not think guys with as little ceiling who do not excel at the things shumpert does are necessarily better options to start than iman and gametime experience on a winnig squad will only enhance shumpert's development at the weaker aspects of his game, yes similar to rondo over the years

Back
Top Bottom