let this thread die (NYK)

history is about to repeat itself fellas. I'm ready 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone
Al Iannazzone: Mike Woodson said he would talk to some players and see if they want rest tomorrow - think Melo and Tyson. Melo already said he wants rest. "Yeah, I don’t think I’ll play tomorrow," Anthony said. "I’m not sure yet. We’ll figure that out tomorrow morning." Chandler said, "I don’t know. I haven’t talked to coach yet. I’m sure he wants to keep guys fresh so a lot of guys will play minimum or won’t play at all." Chandler will be limited or not at all.
Alan Hahn: #Knicks finished their home schedule with with a 22-11 record, which is a .666 winning percentage. That is the most successful home season since a 30-11 Garden record (.732) in the 2000-01 season. The team went 11-1 at the Garden under Mike Woodson.
Alan Hahn: Though Glen Grunwald had his interim tag removed, it is not expected to happen for Mike Woodson at least until after the playoffs are over. Grunwald did say Woodson, his college teammate at Indiana, has done "a fantastic job" but added, "Right now we just need to stay focused on the playoffs." Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire have already given their endorsements.
Alan Hahn: Tyson Chandler also says he's physically ready for the postseason to begin: "I felt great out there. My body felt good. You want to get into the playoffs healthy. Tonight was about getting the win, moving on and getting into the playoffs.
Alan Hahn: Amar'e Stoudemire (10 points on 4/9 FG) admitted to being "a little bit off" though physically he feels "good". He, too, didn't have a preference between Miami or Chicago: "At this point, either/or. Both teams are great. It's going to be a tough battle regardless."
Alan Hahn:Carmelo Anthony said he may take the night off for Thursday's season finale in Charlotte, but not because of any injury issues, just to get one last day of rest before the playoffs. “I feel good, I feel healthy. Nothing is bothering me," he said. "I am ready for the next season.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

Melo Vs. LeBron Coming Soon...
Honestly, I think this is the best series for yall. Certainly the series I will watch most outside of my own team Shump will do a good job on DWhistle and Melo vs Bron is always a show

GL

Bron has wade to finish out games and bosh who is gonna make amare look stupid

We can't even put Tyson on bosh because he can't guard fast 4's too well.

Shump gonna have to stay outa foul trouble and the team needs to REBOUND. Straight up gang rebound. To have any shot of getting a few games

And guard the damn three pointer. That's the worst part of our much improved defense

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

Melo Vs. LeBron Coming Soon...
Honestly, I think this is the best series for yall. Certainly the series I will watch most outside of my own team Shump will do a good job on DWhistle and Melo vs Bron is always a show

GL

I think if the Heat let it come down to Melo and Bron shooting it out we have a real good chance to take them out. If Bosh doesnt have a good series I think we could take it in 6 or 7. If Bosh dominates and Wade and Bron allow him to go off without hurting their egos that he is the reason they get past us, they could prolly take us in 5-6 realistically.

The only thing I want (prolly an unrealistic expectation) is for the refs to not play a big role in the series. It is going to be the Marquee series of the first round. Dont let the refs be the talk of the series with the media. Call it down the middle and let the series play out how it is supposed to.

Shump will lock down Wade, Baron just needs to stay in front of Chalmers and Lebron's terrycloth $%* will brick his way out of the playoffs. I expect Bosh to go off, though.

LeBron will be playing 42-45 minutes of elite basketball on both ends - this isn't the Finals yet and he dominates in the post-season more often than not - plus he covers this particular teams behind every single night. Last thing we'd like is for Melo to go off on his own and try to win an individual match up. 

We will win the series elsewhere. Much as I respect Miami/actually think they're really good - this is not the match up they want. They can get caught off guard when playing a team with offensive firepower/capable of getting momentum rolling. Like the Mavs last season. They'd be better off grinding out a series vs Boston (which they would do) then play a team that can get hot (but maintain a defensive presence with Chandler). I'm not saying I want to push the tempo but I don't want the ball stuck in anyone's hands. 

Chris Bosh
laugh.gif
 . He'll match any 'good' game he has with a 5-15 invisible clunker. Always does. 

Knicks in 6 off the strength of collective fire power on offense + Tyson Chandler + 2x the bench. 

I agree they dont want the Knicks 1st rd. The team we have been since Woodson isnt a lower seeded playoff team. They are easily 3rd in the East.

laugh.gif
Ya'll stay talking like Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr. the only star in these matchups with a ring and a finals mvp doesn't even exist.

IMO, Shump on Wade is THE matchup for the series. Shump without question can play good defense on Wade but if he gets into early foul trouble we're done for, I really feel it's that important.

Bron will get his and so will Melo, despite Bron's defensive prowess. Bosh will have a good game or 2, as will Amare.

But if Bron drops 30 AND D-Wade has 27, 28 cause Shump wasn't out there to guard him then we're in trouble. Neither Fields nor J.R. are keeping up with D-Wade, although out of those 2 I would prefer JR to guard him.

Back
Top Bottom