let this thread die (NYK)

Yall really think Dolan is going to sign someone that will send Lin to the bench?

And even if he does, why would Nash come here for the vet min (assuming Lin gets the full MLE), when he can go to a team like the Heat for the mini-MLE?

I'm agreeing with you DoubleJ's I said that is my dream scenario but the likelihood of all that happening is like 2 percent.  But I'll offer this:
- Phil Jackson is a prick.  He would love to rub it in the Lakers face and go sign with the Knicks while they failed with Mike Brown.  But, I think he would probably prefer coaching the Clips since talent wise it is a better fit and even more of a !%%# you to the Lakers.  But for all that Montana pyshcdelic %!%$...The guy is taking money to do @!++%* Buick commercials.  You don't think he would coach his most beloved team if the money was right.  If Dolan threw him Larry Brown type dough he doesn't at least consider the job? Just saying...

- As for Nash, yes, the Heat is obviously the best look for him and the thought of him being on that squad scares the %!%$ out of me.  But...Nash is a guy who wants to do things the right way.  If the Heat win a championship, do you really think he signs on with them? If they fail I def. see that happening but if they win wouldn't that sort of look like he was piggy backing?  I can't see Nash as that type of guy but maybe at this point in his career with 1-2 years left he probably could give a %!%$.

As I would offer Nash the MLE over Lin in about two seconds but we know that isn't happening Allen.  Lin is a cash cow for a cash cow franchise, they ain't letting him slip away that easy.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Who was trolling in here that made MM make that post?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Alot of people were banned since the beginning of this NBA season.....any knicks troll you can name, they were most likely banned

They have to figure if they are in win now mode or setting up for the future.

Cause if Nash wants to come here its either him or Lin.

This team the way its constructed with Nash would be disgusting even with Fields. Cause the pick and roll would be lethal and he is a dead eye shooter.

Seriously STAT better come back with his auto jumper or a back to the basket game. I would prefer both.

Most memorable moment of this season is when Fields said he shot 1000 jumpers a day during the off-season and we are in for a surprise.

This team has no draft picks for  like the next decade...We gave a guy with half a knew a 5 year 100 million dollar contract.  I think that is a win-now situation but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by 10027

The Knicks have plenty of effective scorers...  1. Lin, Novak, J.R., Amare, Chandler, etc. can all put the ball in the basket.  They might not all be shot creators, 2. but that's why a star...  is supposed to CREATE SHOTS FOR THEM.  Even if he's a primary scorer, ex. Dirk.  The Knicks have plenty of effective role players.  3. Actually, those players are good enough that for the one stretch when they actually played team ball (Linsanity) they went on their best streak of the season.  Of course, when Carmelo came back he sucked until they started losing and he had an excuse to play  hero ball again...  And suck the enthusiasm out of everyone else on the court.
1. Lin - didn't play in the series genius
Novak - completely shut down in the series and made irrelevant
JR - streaky as all hell; he also took the second most shots in the series
Amar'e - injured since last year and wasn't hitting his jumper
Chandler - is really onlt effective two feet from the basket or on lobs; no post moves, no jumper

2. Melo dished to pleanty of open shooters that missed.

3. winning a couple of games in a row during the season when no one knew who Lin was is different than playing the same team in a series and they focus on a game plan which was close out on novak and triple team Melo.

Please keep going.
I will, and you can keep criticizing every Knick available (and every coach) to defend your 'superstar' bf.  I'm going to guess you think Stephon Marbury got a raw deal in NY too?  Carmelo makes his teammates worse; it's as simple as that.
sound logic. I show how he doesn't have support and you can't defend yourself. awesome.

Nash is OLD guys!!! The real issue is Woodson and Amare not playing up to par. Had he dropped 20 and 10 for us consistant these playoffs we would've had a fighting chance.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Been saying this all-season, Nash is the only guy who can make this whole thing work.  Next year if everything went right, which it won't cause we are the Knicks and this #*%* never works...but here is what I want
PG: Nash

SG: Shump (when he returns from injury)

SF: Melo

PF: Amar'e

C: Tyson

Bench: 

Lin

Grant Hill

Odom

Jefferies

Coach: Phil Jackson

If somehow that all worked out I think we would have a real shot at beating Miami.

And people making a big deal about this series and blaming Melo are jokes.  Is Melo as good as LeBron? No, but no one is...He played well this series we were just a depleted team.  Melo/Amar'e will never beat Wade/Bron if its just them two but if we can make our 3-8 much better than Miami's next year plus have better coaching we have a shot.

With Rose out, Celtics possibly rebuilding, Hawks Hawking, Howard bouncing to wherever...There is no excuse for us to not finish as the #3 seed at worst.  I expect first or second.

Amar'e needs this summer to learn a post move and start learning to play defense...plus his mind was clearly not right this year after his brother's death.  Also he needs to go holla at Kobe and get that German surgery #*%* on his knees.

Your Street Dreaming bro, and that street dream wouldn't make us any better except Steve Nash. Why would we want Odom and Grant hill? 
laugh.gif

We'd get much better for less. 

What we need the most besides a PG is an above average SG. We need slashing and cutting SG's who can actually shoot the ball. If Landry could just shoot he'd be fine, but that kid does nothing but shoot flat.

I forgot why I hate arguing with fools in here...Nash is old?  Do you realize we have to win now there is no next year with this team, there is no future, ITS NOW!
Nash almost took a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs this year and was still an all-star level point guard.  He finished second in assists again.  The Suns were a good team this year and he would instantly make Amar'e better again.  I don't know how you are questioning that.

Hill is still an excellent defender and is capable of playing good minutes off the bench.   He is certainly much better than Landry Fields.

Odom was the 6th man just a year ago, he just didn't give a rats %*% about trying in Dallas.  Being in his hometown in NYC, a major city that he likes, I'd think he would actually put in effort.  Plus if Phil is there, that is the one guy who could get the best out of him.

Mike Woodson is an %*% coach do no want him back.  He just looked aight cause people hated D'antoni that much.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

field is ok ONLY when he plays with lin
We need a shooting guard that's better than okay when we have a legit pg out there.
He plays his position, I understand people getting on him for his shooting, he should be a bench player and he cuts to the hoop pretty well....but the guy played with heart until those two awful turnovers at the end. 
But lets be real, with Amare and Melo out there you just need guys to compliment those two, and Fields is a guy that can fit in (off the bench of course). Our starting SG will be Shumpert, fills the slot perfectly and will hold high defensive responsibilities.

Bring a PG in here who can penetrate to the hoop and break down the defense, and run the pick and roll, will put this team in an excellent position for a higher seed next season and a better run in the playoffs. It would elevate everyone's game especially the bigs. STAT more often than not would have to create on his own, and with his chronic back issues all year the elevation was def not there....looked decent down the stretch though.

Lin should come off the bench he has a lot to learn.
No he does not play his position. He's not a shooting guard to begin with. I think ppl give him a slide because a good chunk of the time he's out there going unnoticed. Creating the illusion that his defense is good and that he's a serviceable starter in the NBA. He's not a sg and he definitely should not be starting. SO I agree about him coming off the bench. His best skills are (offensive) rebounding and lets face it he has been nowhere as good as he was his rookie year, catching lobs, and cutting + those herky jerky layups. I'm not really getting on him for that game last night. He played well. Right now this is a summary of his play the entire season.

I'll definitely be screaming for him to be traded or never be played if I see no improvement next season.

Posted again for those who missed it.

Point Guard 
(name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets – $16.4 million – Player Option ($17.8 million)
Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns – $11.7 million – Unrestricted
Aaron Brooks, Phoenix Suns – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Raymond Felton, Portland Trail Blazers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
Kirk Hinrich, Atlanta Hawks – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks – $8.6 million – Unrestricted
Andre Miller, Denver Nuggets – $7.8 million – Unrestricted
Chauncey Billups, L.A. Clippers – $2.0 million – Unrestricted
Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic – $7.8 million – Player Option ($7.8 million)
.J. Augustin, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.2 million – Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Jason Terry, Dallas Mavericks – $10.7 million – Unrestricted
George Hill, Indiana Pacers – $2.1 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Jordan Farmar, Brooklyn Nets – $4.0 million – Player Option ($4.3 million)
Leandro Barbosa, Indiana Pacers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
Beno Udrih, Milwaukee Bucks – $7.0 million – Player Option ($7.4 million)
Goran Dragic, Houston Rockets – $2.1 million – Unrestricted
Jerryd Bayless, Toronto Raptors – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Derek Fisher, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
Randy Foye, L.A. Clippers – $4.3 million – Unrestricted
Mo Williams, L.A. Clippers – $8.5 million – Player Option ($8.5 million)
Jonny Flynn, Portland Trail Blazers – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
Keyon Dooling, Boston Celtics – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
Ishmael Smith, Orlando Magic – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Ramon Sessions, L.A. Lakers – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.6 million)
Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Sundiata Gaines, Brooklyn Nets – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
A.J. Price, Indiana Pacers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Baron Davis, New York Knicks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Royal Ivey, Oklahoma City Thunder – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
John Lucas, Chicago Bulls – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Gilbert Arenas, Memphis Grizzlies – $0.4 million – Unrestricted
Jannero Pargo, Atlanta Hawks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Delonte West, Dallas Mavericks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Walker Russell, Jr., Detroit Pistons – $0.4 million – Unrestricted*
Darius Morris, L.A. Lakers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Terrell Harris, Miami HEAT – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Carldell Johnson, New Orleans Hornets – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
DeAndre Liggins, Orlando Magic – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Ronnie Price, Phoenix Suns – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
T.J. Ford, Golden State Warriors – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Anthony Carter, Toronto Raptors – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Roger Mason, Washington Wizards – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Jamaal Tinsley, Utah Jazz – $1.2 million – Team Option ($1.3 million)
Donald Sloan, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.2 million – Unrestricted*
Manny Harris, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.4 million – Unrestricted*
Patty Mills, San Antonio Spurs – $0.3 million – Unrestricted*
Courtney Fortson, Houston Rockets – $0.2 million – Unrestricted*
Mike James, Chicago Bulls – $0.6 million – Unrestricted
Jerome Dyson, New Orleans Hornets – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Ben Uzoh, Toronto Raptors – $0.2 million – Unrestricted*
Armon Johnson, Brooklyn Nets – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Earl Boykins, Houston Rockets – $0.2 million – Unrestricted
Blake Ahearn, Utah Jazz – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*

Shooting Guard

Eric Gordon, New Orleans Hornets – $3.8 million – Restricted ($5.1 million Qualifying Offer)
O.J. Mayo, Memphis Grizzlies – $5.6 million – Restricted ($7.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Ray Allen, Boston Celtics – $10.0 million – Unrestricted
Landry Fields, New York Knicks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Carlos Delfino, Milwaukee Bucks – $3.5 million – Unrestricted
Nick Young, L.A. Clippers – $3.7 million – Unrestricted
Jamal Crawford, Portland Trail Blazers – $5.0 million – Player Option ($5.2 million)
Louis Williams, Philadelphia 76ers – $5.2 million – Early Termination Option ($5.4 million)
J.R Smith, New York Knicks – $1.4 million – Player Option ($2.6 million)
Mickael Pietrus, Boston Celtics – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Courtney Lee, Houston Rockets – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Rudy Fernandez, Denver Nuggets – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
DeShawn Stevenson, Brooklyn Nets – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Damion James, Brooklyn Nets – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
C.J. Miles, Utah Jazz – $3.7 million – Unrestricted
Shannon Brown, Phoenix Suns – $3.5 million – Unrestricted
Josh Howard, Utah Jazz – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
Gerald Green, Brooklyn Nets – $0.4 million – Unrestricted
Terrence Williams, Sacramento Kings – $2.4 million – Unrestricted
Jodie Meeks, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Marco Belinelli, New Orleans Hornets – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
James Anderson, San Antonio Spurs – $1.5 million – Unrestricted
Matt Carroll, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.9 million – Early Termination Option ($3.5 million)
Brandon Rush, Golden State Warriors – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Alonzo Gee, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Danny Green, San Antonio Spurs – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Tracy McGrady, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Jerry Stackhouse, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Willie Green, Atlanta Hawks – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Jason Kapono, Cleveland Cavaliers – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Marquis Daniels, Boston Celtics – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Sasha Pavlovic, Boston Celtics – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Cory Higgins, Charlotte Bobcats – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Anthony Parker, Cleveland Cavaliers – $2.3 million – Unrestricted
Travis Leslie, L.A. Clippers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Keith Bogans, Brooklyn Nets – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Michael Redd, Phoenix Suns – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Mo Evans, Washington Wizards – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Kelenna Azubuike, Dallas Mavericks – $0.4 million – Unrestricted
Bobby Simmons, L.A. Clippers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted
Morris Almond, Washington Wizards – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
Alan Anderson, Toronto Raptors – $0.2 million – Unrestricted
Xavier Silas, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Cartier Martin, Washington Wizards – $0.1 million – Unrestricted

Small Forward

Gerald Wallace, Brooklyn Nets – $9.5 million – Player Option ($9.5 million)
Nic Batum, Portland Trail Blazers – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Jeff Green, Boston Celtics – $4.5 million – Restricted ($7.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Chase Budinger, Houston Rockets – $0.9 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)
Grant Hill, Phoenix Suns – $6.5 million – Unrestricted
Sam Young, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Matt Barnes, L.A. Lakers – $1.9 million – Unrestricted
Andres Nocioni, Philadelphia 76ers – $6.7 million – Unrestricted
Anthony Tolliver, Minnesota Timberwolves – $2.1 million – Unrestricted
Donte’ Greene, Sacramento Kings – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Bill Walker, New York Knicks – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Devin Ebanks, L.A. Lakers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Dahntay Jones, Indiana Pacers – $2.7 million – Player Option ($2.9 million)
Jeremy Evans, Utah Jazz – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Eduardo Najera, Charlotte Bobcats – $2.8 million – Unrestricted
Derrick Brown, Charlotte Bobcats – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Damien Wilkins, Detroit Pistons – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Dominic McGuire, Golden State Warriors – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Chris Wright, Golden State Warriors – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Trey Thompkins, L.A. Clippers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
DaJuan Summers, New Orleans Hornets – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Steve Novak, New York Knicks – $1.0 million – Unrestricted
Rasual Butler, Toronto Raptors – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Diamon Simpson, Houston Rockets – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Jamario Moon, Charlotte Bobcats – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
James Singleton, Washington Wizards – $0.2 million – Unrestricted
D.J. Kennedy, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*

Power Forward

Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics – $21.2 million – Unrestricted
Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs – $21.2 million – Unrestricted
Michael Beasley, Minnesota Timberwolves – $6.3 million – Restricted ($8.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Brandon Bass, Boston Celtics – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.3 million)
Kris Humphries, Brooklyn Nets – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
Kenyon Martin, L.A. Clippers – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Carl Landry, New Orleans Hornets – $8.5 million – Unrestricted
J.J. Hickson, Portland Trail Blazers – $2.4 million – Restricted ($3.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Elton Brand, Philadelphia 76ers – $17.1 million – Early Termination Option ($18.2 million)
Antawn Jamison, Cleveland Cavaliers – $15.1 million – Unrestricted
Shawne Williams, Portland Trail Blazers – $3.0 million – Player Option ($3.1 million)
Jason Thompson, Sacramento Kings – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Marreese Speights, Memphis Grizzlies – $2.8 million – Restricted ($3.8 million Qualifying Offer)
Ryan Anderson, Orlando Magic – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
D.J. White, Charlotte Bobcats – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Anthony Randolph, Minnesota Timberwolves – $2.9 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Renaldo Balkman, New York Knicks – $1.7 million – Unrestricted
Ronny Turiaf, Miami HEAT – $4.4 million – Unrestricted
Troy Murphy, L.A. Lakers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Boris Diaw, San Antonio Spurs – $9.0 million – Unrestricted
Chris Wilcox, Boston Celtics – $3.0 million – Unrestricted
Ersan Ilyasova, Milwaukee Bucks – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Darrell Arthur, Memphis Grizzlies – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Louis Amundson, Indiana Pacers – $2.4 million – Unrestricted
Jason Maxiell, Detroit Pistons – $5.0 million – Player Option ($5.0 million)
Jordan Hill, L.A. Lakers – $2.9 million – Unrestricted
Craig Brackins, Phildelphia 76ers – $1.4 million – Unrestricted
Chris Johnson, New Orleans Hornets – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Derrick Caracter, L.A. Lakers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Brian Cook, Washington Wizards – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Ian Mahinmi, Dallas Mavericks – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Earl Clark, Orlando Magic – $1.2 million – Player Option ($1.2 million)
Luke Harangody, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Vladimir Radmanovic, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Ivan Johnson, Atlanta Hawks – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Brian Scalabrine, Chicago Bulls – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Brian Cardinal, Dallas Mavericks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Yi Jianlian, Dallas Mavericks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Vernon Macklin, Detroit Pistons – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Reggie Evans, L.A. Clippers – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Juwan Howard, Miami HEAT – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Shelden Williams, Brooklyn Nets – $1.0 million – Unrestricted
Jared Jeffries, New York Knicks – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Francisco Elson, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Lavoy Allen, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Jeremy Evans, Utah Jazz – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Lance Thomas, New Orleans Hornets – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Ryan Reid, Oklahoma City Thunder – $0.5 million – Unrestricted
Sean Williams, Boston Celtics – $0.1 million – Unrestricted

Center 

Andrew Bynum, L.A. Lakers – $14.9 million – Team Option ($16.1 million)
Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers – $2.6 million – Restricted ($3.7 million Qualifying Offer)
Brook Lopez, Brooklyn Nets – $3.1 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Chris Kaman, New Orleans Hornets – $12.7 million – Unrestricted
JaVale McGee, Denver Nuggets – $2.5 million – Restricted ($3.5 million Qualifying Offer)
Marcus Camby, Houston Rockets – $12.9 million – Unrestricted
Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers – $4.1 million – Unrestricted
Kwame Brown, Milwaukee Bucks – $6.8 million – Unrestricted
Aaron Gray, Toronto Raptors – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Robin Lopez, Phoenix Suns – $2.8 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Jermaine O’Neal, Boston Celtics – $6.2 million – Unrestricted
Nazr Mohammed, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.8 million – Unrestricted
Omer Asik, Chicago Bulls – $1.9 million – Unrestricted*
Semih Erden, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
Hamed Haddadi, Memphis Grizzlies – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Mehmet Okur, Portland Trail Blazers – $10.9 million – Unrestricted
Greg Stiemsma, Boston Celtics – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Daniel Orton, Orlando Magic – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Solomon Alabi, Toronto Raptors – $0.8 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)
Hasheem Thabeet, Portland Trail Blazers – $5.1 million – Unrestricted
DeSagana Diop, Charlotte Bobcats – $6.9 million – Player Option ($7.4 million)
Ryan Hollins, Boston Celtics – $0.3 million – Unrestricted
Jason Collins, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Joel Przybilla, Portland Trail Blazers – $0.7 million – Unrestricted
Eddy Curry, Miami HEAT – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Tony Battie, Philadelphia 76ers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers – $1.5 million – Unrestricted
Jamaal Magloire, Toronto Raptors – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Kyrylo Fesenko, Indiana Pacers – $0.3 million – Unrestricted
Mickell Gladness, Golden State Warriors – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Mikki Moore, Golden State Warriors – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
Dan Gadzuric, New York Knicks – $0.1 million – Unrestricted

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents

I like the sound of Lin and dragic on this team.we need a tough nosed rebounder off the bench like reggie Evans

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I forgot why I hate arguing with fools in here...Nash is old?  Do you realize we have to win now there is no next year with this team, there is no future, ITS NOW!
Nash almost took a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs this year and was still an all-star level point guard.  He finished second in assists again.  The Suns were a good team this year and he would instantly make Amar'e better again.  I don't know how you are questioning that.

Hill is still an excellent defender and is capable of playing good minutes off the bench.   He is certainly much better than Landry Fields.

Odom was the 6th man just a year ago, he just didn't give a rats %*% about trying in Dallas.  Being in his hometown in NYC, a major city that he likes, I'd think he would actually put in effort.  Plus if Phil is there, that is the one guy who could get the best out of him.

Mike Woodson is an %*% coach do no want him back.  He just looked aight cause people hated D'antoni that much.
I agree with you about Nash. Saying he's old is just stupid. I definitely don't want to go all in with my hopes all on Jeremy Lin but it's always next year for this team. We, the fans say we want to win now but management and the team never get it together or never have the chance to. We're potentially looking at a whole new roster next season AGAIN. I can hope for the best but I can already see more bs about the players needing time get it right as a unit. Even worse if we do get a legit starting and back up pg and there's still problems.

To your other post, it'd be a dream if Odom and Hill came here (and keeping Lin). Never loved Odom's game but he'd improve our bench immensely if his mind is right. Glen would have to work magic again to pay those dudes.

Why you keep harping on Amar'e's knees though? Nothing has been wrong with his knees. His lift has been there all season when his back wasn't bothering him.
CoupeIt88 wrote:
Your Street Dreaming bro, and that street dream wouldn't make us any better except Steve Nash. Why would we want Odom and Grant hill? 
laugh.gif

We'd get much better for less.

Looking at the list and factoring in money I can't agree with that.

No to Lin for Nash. Yes to Lin for Dragic. If that makes any sense.

Dragic is light years ahead of Lin, younger than Nash, and I think could be a top 5 PURE POINT GUARD in this league. Plus if he's a knick that authentic is copped.
Edit-All for an Odom signing for cheap. What happened in Dallas was a fluke. 

I could see Odom coming for the mininum but that's only because I don't see any team offering him substantial money after this year. The way he acted was terrible and if these gms had half a brain they wouldn't give him anything more than a one year deal to prove himself. Nash could take the paycut and come here but he could also go to Miami or LA and get more money so Idk. I'm open to the idea of Jonny Flynn he should be cheap, Dragic would be cool but I see someone splurging unless somehow we do a sign and trade with Houston (hopefully they would take Landry). This offseason is gonna be rough and next year could be ugly.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

However, I'm pretty sure I'd roll those dice and take Nash for 2-3 years and let Lin walk. Might put me in the minority.
Me too. I like Lin, but I also think this team's window is small. The second the Melo deal went through this team went into win now mode. I trust Nash more to come in, to make Amare a better offensive player, to continue to be an incredible shooter, and you know what he gives you right now.
With that being said.. I'm SHOCKED if the team doesn't offer Lin everything they can to capitalize on his fame.

you all know lin isnt going anywhere. it isnt even worth talking about. Dolan's priorities are 1- money 2- championship

I mean this team is gonna make money regardless.

Dragic is damn near impossible. He is gonna make more than MLE .

A lot of people on the FA list that is a guard that is actually good is restricted.

I want Delonte West and someone with the last name Green. I'll tale Ivan Johnson too. Just a Goon with a capital G

I would take Nash over Lin. Just draft a point guard in the first next year

Originally Posted by Al3xis

However, I'm pretty sure I'd roll those dice and take Nash for 2-3 years and let Lin walk. Might put me in the minority.
We are contenders for as long as Tyson can stay healthy.

With no 1st rd picks in 12, 14 and 16, winning now is the only option.

I get worried about Lin cuz in my mind I know Dolan wants to make money off him but even he should consider what if lightning doesn't strike twice? Teams will be prepared for him the way he played this season so if he doesn't improve it's the same guy with probably less threats around him.

Nash could be 50 and he seems way more of a sure thing in knowing what you'll be getting.

Yeah, Dragic probably is getting mad money this season so it's a longshot but I can see one other team taking a ridiculous chance on Odom and giving him more than he deserves. Now if that'll be a LA or NY team I don't know.

Via ESPN-

[h1]Why Knicks must trade Anthony[/h1]
The easy answer is to trade Carmelo Anthony. Let's just put that out there, right off the bat. The question: How do the Knicks get from here to a championship?

There are slew of "what's next for the Knicks" articles floating around today, now that New York has been eliminated from the playoffs. New York was competitive against Miami after its opening game blowout, and Anthony was the primary reason for that. Players dropped around him like flies, but the less talent Mike Woodson had to put out on the court, the better Anthony played. Most of these obit pieces, as they are called in the industry, will be more focused on how to build around Anthony, not without him.

A couple of weeks ago, I made the unpopular case that Anthony is not a championship player, and I believe that. It's not that I dislike Anthony. It's not that I've never watched a basketball game. Anthony seems like a jovial enough guy. He's been great on "Nurse Jackie" and we happen to share the same all-time favorite player -- Bernard King, from whom he could learn a few lessons in intensity. What I don't like is Anthony's style of play, which I don't believe is conducive to winning a championship. He sucks up too many possessions, doesn't play both ends of the floor and doesn't do enough to make his teammates better. These are not the attributes of a championship player.

These are subjective statements, of course. To put some more teeth to it, let's look at list of players who have had what you might call a "Carmelo Anthony season." The markers we'll use to generate this list are these: 31 percent or more usage rate, 21 percent assist rate (the Basketball-Reference.com version) or less and a true shooting percentage of .560 or less. As you can see, these are typical Anthony statistics, only I'm being extra generous with the assist rate, which he didn't hit until this season. This is out of respect for King.

[h4]Melo through the years[/h4][table][tr][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Age[/th][th=""]Tm[/th][th=""]Lg[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]PER[/th][th=""]TS%[/th][th=""]AST%[/th][th=""]USG%[/th][/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td][td]19[/td][td]DEN[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]82[/td][td]2995[/td][td]17.6[/td][td].509[/td][td]13.8[/td][td]28.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td][td]20[/td][td]DEN[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]75[/td][td]2608[/td][td]16.7[/td][td].526[/td][td]13.1[/td][td]29.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td][td]21[/td][td]DEN[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]80[/td][td]2941[/td][td]22.0[/td][td].563[/td][td]14.3[/td][td]32.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td][td]22[/td][td]DEN[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]65[/td][td]2486[/td][td]22.1[/td][td].552[/td][td]19.2[/td][td]33.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td][td]23[/td][td]DEN[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]77[/td][td]2806[/td][td]21.1[/td][td].568[/td][td]16.1[/td][td]30.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td][td]24[/td][td]DEN[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]66[/td][td]2277[/td][td]19.0[/td][td].532[/td][td]18.1[/td][td]31.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009-10[/td][td]25[/td][td]DEN[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]69[/td][td]2634[/td][td]22.2[/td][td].548[/td][td]15.9[/td][td]33.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010-11[/td][td]26[/td][td]TOT[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]77[/td][td]2751[/td][td]21.7[/td][td].557[/td][td]14.7[/td][td]32.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011-12[/td][td]27[/td][td]NYK[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]55[/td][td]1876[/td][td]21.1[/td][td].525[/td][td]21.0[/td][td]31.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]NBA[/td][td]646[/td][td]23374[/td][td]20.4[/td][td].544[/td][td]16.0[/td][td]31.2[/td][/tr][/table]

I required a minimum of 2,000 minutes and whittled down the list to wing players. I was left with 16 instances in which a player had a Carmelo Anthony season. Anthony, as you might imagine, had four of them. Dominique Wilkins had five -- he was Melo before Melo. Some of the most unconscious gunners in NBA history also populate the list: World B. Free (twice), John Drew and George Gervin. No player in this paragraph owns a championship ring.

There three other names on the list, and each of these players do own rings: Richard HamiltonMark Aguirre and Michael Jordan. Only Jordan won a title during a Carmelo Anthony season, and that came in the last year of his Bulls career. Hamilton and Aguirre eventually down-shifted their offensive appetites and became complementary players on title-winning teams in Detroit. So if you're going to win a championship with Anthony, you're going to be doing something that has pretty much never happened with a player of his type.

But here's the qualifier I should have included before: Anthony has the talent to be almost any kind of player he chooses to be. You'd like to see the improved assist rate from this season as a sign that he's figuring things out, but in reality it's just a by-product of New York's lack of a point guard for most of the games he played. Remember, Jeremy Lin and Anthony played together in just 20 games and for just 27 percent of the minutes the Knicks played in the regular season -- and Anthony shot under 40 percent in those minutes. Anthony's assists per 40 minutes dwindled from 5.2 in January to 3.9 in April. In the playoffs, it was 2.2. Melo is as Melo does.

Despite his max contract, Anthony still has trade value if only because of his marketability -- the very reason so many angry Knicks/Melo fans sought me out on Twitter after the aforementioned column went live. The Nets, just to name one franchise, would probably love to get their hands on Anthony. Nevertheless, there has been no indication that the Knicks have grown dissatisfied with Anthony. Quite the opposite -- according to reports at the time, Mike D'Antoni parted ways with the Knicks because James Dolan wouldn't consider trading his team's biggest star.

So what do you do? Your options are limited:

1. You can't draft an impact player from this year's deep pool of prospects. The Knicks don't have a first-round pick because they traded it to Houston.

2. You can't sign an impact free agent. The Knicks have $53.2 million committed to the threesome of Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Amare Stoudemire.

3. You probably can't trade Stoudemire to free up cap space or bring back a similar talent. After Stoudemire's largely unproductive season in which he looked to be in athletic decline, no one is going to want to take on the $65 million he's got coming to him beyond this season.

4. You can't trade Anthony, because Dolan is running the team.

nba_a_knicksts3_288.jpg

AP Photo/Kathy WillensChandler is one of the few Knicks who is worth what he is being paid.

Chandler could be traded, but that would be self-defeating. He's coming off a season in which he posted the best true shooting percentage in league history and won Defensive Player of the Year honors. He's the one player in New York's Big Three worth the money he's making. You could trade him, but why would you want to?

While Chandler is part of New York's core trio in terms of salary and overall play, Lin emerged as one of the foundations on the offensive end. Unfortunately, it remains to be seen if there is any combination of Lin, Anthony and Stoudemire that work on the floor in tandem, much less as a trio. Lin is headed for restricted free agency and the Knicks will surely match any offer he gets, if only because it will be virtually impossible for them to acquire a comparable talent with a cap exception.

So you have Anthony, who won't be traded, Stoudemire, who can't be traded, Chandler, who shouldn't be traded, and Lin. Get used to this quartet, Knicks fans, because it's not going anywhere for at least a couple of years.

That means the key will be for New York to find a coach to make all this work and, right now, it sounds like the Knicks are going to cast their lot with Mike Woodson. Woodson deserves credit for New York's defensive improvement down the stretch but, at the same time, that effect is probably overblown. D'Antoni wasn't just not a defensive coach, it's well known that he didn't devote much time to even practicing it. A simple change in emphasis could account for the late-season defensive uptick. Woodson was no defensive genius in his time in Atlanta -- despite all of the young, elite athletes he coached with the Hawks, his squads never posted a single-digit ranking in defensive efficiency.

The best thing the Knicks could do would be to drive a Brinks truck into Phil Jackson's driveway and tell him to take what he wants. It's not just the 11 championship rings -- Jackson's ego and ability to manipulate star-level players might be the best hope to get Anthony to truly buy into a team concept. His Triangle Offense might be just the structure the Knicks need to get their combination of top talent to work efficiently on the floor. Then there is the fact that Jackson played on the Knicks' only title teams, which provides a nice bit of symmetry for those of us with a taste for history.

Let's face it, though. Jackson is probably not going to make a grand return to Madison Square Garden. The Knicks make decisions in all sorts of dysfunctional ways, so Woodson is probably soon going to sign a contract extension. He was, after all, a college roommate of the Knicks' new permanent general manager, Glen Grunwald. That's why this franchise has won just a single playoff game in the last 13 years, a span during which they've spent more than $1 billion on player salaries.

If healthy, the Knicks will probably be better next season. There is just too much talent on hand not to be. If Woodson stays, we'll be treated to a lot of the same isolation basketball he coached in Atlanta. We'll have the same questions about whether Anthony and Stoudemire can co-exist. We'll wonder if Lin is being used properly. The Knicks will play a slow tempo and Chandler will again be asked to prop up the defense for his less-interested teammates. And it again won't be a championship formula.

Back
Top Bottom